YesNoOk

What's your favorite super smash brothers? (Read 18601 times)

Started by ClamSlam, September 21, 2015, 08:58:43 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

What's your favorite super smash borthers?

the first
2 (5.7%)
super smash bros melee
9 (25.7%)
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
3 (8.6%)
Universe/SSB4
16 (45.7%)
what is smash brothers?
5 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

What's your favorite super smash brothers?
#1  September 21, 2015, 08:58:43 pm
  • Drew my Icon. I know, i'm a Amateur.
  • just trying to survive in the land of MFG
    • American Samoa
    • ClamSlam@mugenguild.com
What is your favorite? As if now mine is Brawl. :P Borthers? how the hell did I make that mistake...
The only thing I don't like about brawl is that the online mode was so slow.
"If you can't slam with the best then go jam with the rest."
Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 06:34:51 pm by ClamSlam
Re: What's your favorite super smash brothers?
#2  September 21, 2015, 10:00:17 pm
  • Unique, just like everyone else
Melee, hands down.

SSB4 is a definite second.  It feels like it has the speed back, at least to some degree, and the stages I've played feel a bit more... inspired? than anything from Brawl.

SSB1 will always have the nostalgia factor and I love it dearly but I can't in good conscience rank it above 4.

Brawl is my least favorite.  Everything felt sluggish and unsatisfying and none of the stages were memorable.  Story mode was a novel idea but... i dunno.  It didn't hold my attention.
#3  September 21, 2015, 10:29:20 pm
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
Melee, didn't have a gunky falco with brawl gunk on it, and because Roy was cul in there also.

If a certain character wins the ballot vote though that may change to ssb4
this website is stupid
#4  September 21, 2015, 10:41:16 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
I think SNK vs Capcom: Chaos.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#5  September 21, 2015, 10:41:26 pm
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
Brawl, on account of being the only one I've played.
#6  September 21, 2015, 10:42:34 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
#7  September 21, 2015, 10:46:41 pm
Universe/SSB4
what
#8  September 21, 2015, 11:04:36 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Playstation All-Stars.
#9  September 21, 2015, 11:05:58 pm
  • Engage me____ mother f_____
  • Killing parents since 1986
Melee. ATs, Fox and Falco, nostalgia, etc. have nothing to do with it. Its just that others aren't as good and Samus and Ganondorf suck in all of them except for Melee.
#10  September 21, 2015, 11:21:31 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the king of fighters 2k2 um
#11  September 21, 2015, 11:32:53 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I clicked melee cause I didn't see 64 on the list on account of you typing in "the first one" Instead of 64.
#12  September 21, 2015, 11:33:57 pm
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
this website is stupid
#13  September 22, 2015, 12:28:50 am
  • Drew my Icon. I know, i'm a Amateur.
  • just trying to survive in the land of MFG
    • American Samoa
    • ClamSlam@mugenguild.com
"If you can't slam with the best then go jam with the rest."
Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 12:36:00 am by ClamSlam
#14  September 22, 2015, 12:32:29 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I know that. Did you read my post or quit after the part you quoted?
#15  September 22, 2015, 12:57:19 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Melee, Brawl, 64, 4.

Melee I by far put the most time into.  Loved the adventure mode and mini-games, solid roster with some oddities like some guys named Marth and Roy who at the time I guessed were from a Japanese-only Legend of Zelda title, and got pretty good at Samus back then which was fun because she was my favorite Nintendo character.

Brawl, besides Metroid Prime 3, was the reason for even owning a Wii.  Story of them all being toys in Tabuu's twisted fantasy was interesting, some sort of messed-up Toy Story.  Like most will say, it felt kinda floaty but for non-competitive purposes it's fun to revisit time to time.  Nothing standout to the roster besides Pokemon Trainer, mainly for Charizard, but they had Meta Knight's ship as a stage, which reigns as the best Smash Bros. stage as far as I'm concerned.

64, while starting it all and jsut being a nostalgia trip, just doesn't match to the levels of content of the others.  But for an N64 title, it still holds up well enough.  Once you remember how the hell you held the controller back then.  The Great Fox stage still stands as my second favorite stage of the series.  And it introduced the concept of Pikachu using a lightsaber by holding it in its mouth.

And 4, which I can't fairly judge having not played it more than a minute at a Gamestop preview, but dropping story mode because of Youtube's existence, losing Ice Climbers who I like playing, and many other small annoyances that add up, I don't think I'll be actively searching for a WiiU to play it.  Also they used Other M Samus.  And some really stupid jet heel things for Zero Suit, who I would have passed including as a full character, as well as no-longer-male Shiek.  The return of Mewtwo and Roy's nice though, and while I can pass on Little Mac, Bowser Jr., the rest of the Fire Emblem invasion and this Shulk guy, Duck Hunt was a good new addition.
#16  September 22, 2015, 01:05:07 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Brawl because it's the very first Smash game ever played and I got used to the controls. Also, because of Wolf. I find him easy to control and play as though he was the very last fighter to unlock. He stands in my game as my all-time favorite fighter.

4 stands as my second fav because it's the first Smash game on a handheld console also, the madness of Capcom and Namco joining in the fray plus Mii Fighters, which I instantly went to when I first started the game. Mii Brawler WAS my all time main until I started playing as Fox and as of this point, he's my all-time favorite, with Falco being 2nd most favorite. Smash Run-wise... Ike is my all-time fav. Defeated 4 Bonkers in one run.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#17  September 22, 2015, 10:01:30 am
  • For honor!
Battle Monsters
Iroha stripped for me
#18  September 22, 2015, 10:48:15 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Supre Smesh Bras is #1

Okay to be serious, 4 is currently my favorite one just because it's easier to get into but still fun to play competitively. Also some stuff you can pull off is super silly (ie: Mr. Game and Watch's table-flipping windbox shenanigans, Ganoncides, etc etc.) and it's great fun.

Smash 64 after that because even though it's pretty rough, it's still really fun and I <3 Ness

Brawl is bad competitively, but the single player experience is awesome.

Melee just feels really weird to me, and I can't really get into it. ON THE PLUS SIDE, playing Melee (or even Project M) can help you unlearn bad habits you might pick up when you play Smash 4 (ie: spamming airdodges, rolling into opponents, etc), so there's that.
#19  September 22, 2015, 11:08:14 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Playstation All Stars is best.

But in all seriousness, I guess I'll list them out from top to bottom: 4, Melee, Brawl, 64

Smash 4: I'm currently enjoying it as it is, along with the fact that it's the only Smash that I actually felt semi-competitive to play (I do online battle a lot.. though only in 1v1, which idk if competitive has 4 players sometimes, but whatever). Also, it felt more easier to learn Sm4sh, along with the inclusions of amiibos (which are awesome). Also, the inclusion of Ryu is just... omg, do I love it.

Melee: This one's pretty much what introduced me to Smash (technically 64 did it first, but idk I didn't play it that often). The mechanics, how everyone plays out, the single event, the unlockables.. everything. I'm more casual with this one though (and due to the fact that I'm not too competitive with this due tot he fact that I was too young at the time when the Gamecube was still alive and Idk Fighting games stuff too well), but it was fun while it lasted.

Brawl: Even though I love the fact that this one is more "new" compared to Melee, I didn't really get into the game all that well. I only used one character (Marth), and that's about it. The Single player experience was fun, but.... the Great Maze (basically re-do every stage) killed it for me.

64: Read the beginning parenthesis on the Melee section. Still fun, but... yeah, didn't played that much it.
#20  September 22, 2015, 01:05:03 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
MUGEN!

On a more serious note: SSB4 is currently my favorite, thanks to the fact that I can tweak the characters to my liking.

SSBM is way outdated by now. SSB64 is even more so. And SSBB is a bit clunky for my tastes in terms of gameplay.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!