YesNoOk

FeLo & Co (Read 574662 times)

Started by FeLo_Llop, April 04, 2010, 03:30:29 pm
Share this topic:
Re: FeLo & Co
#221  December 05, 2013, 02:38:28 am
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
That walking Juri's already looking mighty Capcom-y fine, Fel. :) I agree with SNT's suggestion to give Juri's walking animation something along the lines of Vice's sassy-psycho head rolling. LOL

After all, fits her somewhat semi-deranged evil mannerism, IMO. :p
#222  December 05, 2013, 02:43:01 am
  • Raging Fist
 :bison:
OH F**K YES!
JURI HAN IS COMING TO MUGEN!!!!!! Go Felo go!!
also, If Im so bold to ask, WHERES DELTA RED CAMMY >_<
#223  December 05, 2013, 03:14:14 am
I don't think that she needs any extra head movement. Just animate the shoulders and hair then fix the torso like Diepod said. I do think that that Vice walk is a perfect walk cycle to reference.
you would not be saying that if we were talking about boob movement.
I don't follow

But after looking at her walk in game she will definitely need some subtle movement in her whole torso (including her shoulders... and boobs :P) to match her hip and leg movement.
#224  December 05, 2013, 04:15:15 am
  • Raging Fist
hmm. Well the head turn would be an additional plus for Juri, but yeah good point on the animations.
I can tell however that the sprites for Juri Han will undoubtedly be amazing and in good hands.
#225  December 05, 2013, 01:36:51 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
- SNT: She's crazy, for sure. But I don't see the point in making her head roll like that. Maybe a side-to-seide movement would do the cut. I gotta see it myself! Also, I guess I'll redo the chest and msucle/arm area...Vice's reference is PERFECT!
- Markpachi: what I said to SNT :P!
- Diepod: Yes...you're totally right. I always hated walk animations...so this is the reason why I'll re-do the whole thing. I kinda hate it, but if the final result is worth it  I'll be happy as Hell.
- Drex: I think the same, but now that I'm gonna re-do the whole thing(not legs!! I'm happy with them!), 'll try a soft head movement.
- LordSinistro: Thanks! Unfortunately, I can't say who are going to be the coder/s...Sorry man!
- Maximilianjenus: Yes, boob-unce too!! :D!!
- T. vincenson: Thanks!! Already told to SNT, not rolling head(that would be crazy...and I always hated it in Vice D: )
- Flowrelik: Thanks! About Delta Red Cammy, you can find her in any iteration of SF4, SF2 and SFxT :P!

Now, a question(mostly to the future coder/s, since he/she/they is/are reading this): Instead of a "head-roll", what about an eye-flash? that would be more agressive, crazy and intimidating, adding a lot to her. I don't know if it's possible to add via helpers in coding, but it would be cool to have like this instead of a pixel-done stuff...that may end in an extra-colour thing.

By the way: I'm waiting till my PC is getting repaired. I switched it on yesterday and...nothing happened. Luckily, I was able to get access to the HD itself, without using any program, so I guess it's the battery(crossing fingers is not the motherboard!!).

I swear there was something cool here!!
#226  December 05, 2013, 03:02:02 pm
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
Evil eye glint or flash seems much more okay and original/unique for her. Head roll kind of makes her like she's or rather her sprite could make an impression of slight CvS Vice sprite revamp IMO. :p

By chance you'd... Also include that small portrait of C.Viper that I made months ago in your sprite sheet of hers once she's out on the Shared Sprites thread?
#227  December 06, 2013, 01:53:53 am
  • Raging Fist
ummmmm yeah about Juri I made 2 small portraits for her, tho not in cvs spriting, considering I have no idea how to do that :/

and this by Kandoken for CVS2 fanatics
#228  December 06, 2013, 06:22:13 am
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
I wouldn't start all the way over, the legs are salvageable at least dude. A lot of spriters/animators should work on smoothing our animations. I'm no exception.

It would be a good idea to measure Juri in comparison the CvS Chunners before doing anything else, because your sprite does seem a tad big.
Spriting is hard.
#229  December 06, 2013, 06:47:23 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
About the eye flash, that's easy to do and it would look good

#230  December 06, 2013, 12:08:36 pm
Thanks for the replies, people!!

So, basically I'll have to re-do the whole chest/body /arm. About the resize, I'm not that sure, since:

Her chest is more similar(size speaking) to Vice than Chun's, even she, in the walk animation is 1 pixel taller than Chunners...and 3 taller than Vice's.
Also, I'll have to fix the width of the inner legs(those pinks), since that's the REAL leg size of Juri, not those white(blue here) pants.

About the Small Portraits, that's something I'll think in a time. Anyway, we can keep those three you did and leave the selection for the coder/s. Viper will use yours too :)! Anyway, do you accept requests for that? I got a crush in one in particular that fits her really nice! *_*!

So...the eye flash is possible to do with coding? wowwowowowo!! that's awesome!!

I'll keep you informed about her! Have a nice day!
#231  December 06, 2013, 12:21:59 pm
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
Viper will use yours too :)! Anyway, do you accept requests for that? I got a crush in one in particular that fits her really nice! *_*!

If that is addressed to me: (:p)

Small portrait request? Sure, I can give it a shot. :p

#232  December 06, 2013, 05:26:37 pm
  • It's time to fly...
    • USA
    • Skype - suburban-gamer
you have my full attention

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. - Henry Ford
#233  December 06, 2013, 06:06:46 pm
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
Man...will you post the palettes templates? pleaseee
#234  December 06, 2013, 07:10:08 pm
There is one partially-finished animation, maybe 8 sprites right now. And you already want a palette template? Wait a bit, man... It's way too early for that.
#235  December 06, 2013, 10:45:39 pm
  • Raging Fist

I say have a palette anyways XD
#236  December 06, 2013, 10:50:20 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
^ The mangeta and dark purple are pretty good (dark purple seems to lack some contrast). Not a fan of the white, it needs more work.
Chilling
#237  December 07, 2013, 01:58:40 am
It would be a good idea to measure Juri in comparison the CvS Chunners before doing anything else, because your sprite does seem a tad big.
Her chest is more similar(size speaking) to Vice than Chun's, even she, in the walk animation is 1 pixel taller than Chunners...and 3 taller than Vice's.
Also, I'll have to fix the width of the inner legs(those pinks), since that's the REAL leg size of Juri, not those white(blue here) pants.
I did a height comparison of the two. Note how, at 2x size, CvS Chun Li is still a bit shorter than SF4 Chun, but Felo's Juri is a bit taller.

The height difference isn't that great, but Juri could stand to be a bit shorter.
Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 02:02:34 am by Drex
#238  December 07, 2013, 06:35:14 am
  • Raging Fist
Very good point and drex, Awesome Juri palette.
Seriously you got her perfect and beat mine! Nicely done!
#239  December 07, 2013, 08:40:17 am
Thank you.
#240  December 07, 2013, 01:22:13 pm
Ok, then I'll fix that height problem. Drex, do you mind making a screenshot of Juri stance next to a Chun Li's? Thanks in advance!!

Also, those colours(Flowrelick's too) are awesome. I'm kinda terrible at choosing colours D:!