YesNoOk

FeLo & Co (Read 574838 times)

Started by FeLo_Llop, April 04, 2010, 03:30:29 pm
Share this topic:
Re: FeLo & Co
#241  December 07, 2013, 05:53:56 pm
  • Raging Fist
I went for the KOFXIII/CVS2 approach for Juri, but in all opinion I think Drex nailed it perfectly.
Feel free to have mine as an alternate palette XD
EDIT: Made a palette fix

+ a surprise
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Now Don't look at me funny, She forced me to do it, otherwise she'll Kick my nuts back to oblivion *which....she still did anyway out of sick twisted perversion....*
Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 06:59:12 pm by Flowrellik
#242  December 07, 2013, 07:46:38 pm

The size of her stnace looks good to me. I'm not sure why her walking animation came out larger. Maybe because of the different camera perspective while walking? Juri looks almost the same, but Chun Li seems to get a bit smaller.

I like to take captures of forward moving animations in the corner because it keeps the camera straighter. Note the difference in straightness in the red horizontal line on the floor in the .gif above.
#243  December 08, 2013, 07:59:54 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
- Flowrelik: Manggg!! those are super-awesome!!! Those are super good colour choices!! :D!!
- Drex: Yes...I think the wrong size is MY fault. It's, as you said, a perspective thing. I thought that was the correct height for her, while she had to be shorter. I'm fixing that :D!

Thanks for your time!! Have a nice day!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#244  February 07, 2014, 11:31:35 am
Heee, I feel like Lara Croft, resurrecting old thngs with artifacts :P!!

Well, after having back my PC, I fixed Juri's walk, did the crouch and crouching AND did a new sprite for the stand.

- Walk:  I just need to add the pink strings to her chest and that horny(...) hair...now she's a psychotic bald taekwonbitch :P. I did her smiling and closing her muoth while walking, this is a detail that may be changed ina  future. "Missing hand" from frame 9 is fixed. Also, I got to fix that...jelly arm she has. Maybe making it a bit smoother or softer, dunno:

- This is the crouching. And last sprite is also used for the crouch.  And! First spriteis the new stand. I got to add a wind animation to her pants, and  hair too.

Have a nice day!
#245  February 07, 2014, 11:36:08 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
 :wub: Looking good!!
#246  February 07, 2014, 02:58:32 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
looks good so far
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#247  February 07, 2014, 03:02:50 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Looking awesome. I like that crouch, it will make her other crouching animations a lot more interesting.
#248  February 07, 2014, 07:11:40 pm
I love what I'm seeing. Unfortunately I cannot see the walking animation over the phone, but the first frame looks good so far
#249  February 07, 2014, 07:36:32 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Very good.
Spriting is hard.
#250  February 09, 2014, 10:02:18 am
    • USA
I'm a bit late to ask but, are you creating an entire spriteset for Juri??
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#251  February 09, 2014, 10:05:58 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
^ Yes.
Chilling
#252  February 10, 2014, 02:43:00 am
Am I'm the only one that wants to see that crouch animation animated? Nah, I didn't think so either...

I LOVE Juri's new face. Big  improvement. The only thing I see wrong with the animation is that on the 4th frame her right foot gets really small then grows again on the next frame.
Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 01:49:37 pm by Drex
#253  February 10, 2014, 03:44:06 am
Is there a second tone to the hair? Love the Pandora Mode palette - except the pure white hair. It needs like a secondary pink color like the pants in my opinion. I know in source its pure white but a shade would add just a little bit to it.
#254  February 10, 2014, 03:50:37 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
A good way of dealing with that pandora is getting rid of it... definitely not a fan of that.

Or add more contrast on that hair.
Chilling
#255  February 10, 2014, 06:04:40 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio

#256  February 10, 2014, 06:43:31 pm
  • SNK is life
There's no fuzz, actually. There is, however, HATE for it, which I personally do not understand. With the newer versions of  Mugen, changing palettes on the fly during gameplay is now feasible, and it'd be interesting to implement a Pandora mode that looks authentic. Apparently nobody has ventured to do it because of all this hate.

I do understand, though, the hate for SVC Chaos' MAXIMUM Mode and System, for which Rolento (the mugen creator, not the character) made a template that ended up not being used. BECAUSE IT WAS SHIT! Not his work, but the game's system in the first place.

I personally would like to see more/inventive pandora palettes
#257  February 10, 2014, 07:04:27 pm
Yeah, what Walt said. In fact I was imagining using pandora for a boss mode Ingrid as I was making this Juri palette.  I'd rather keep it black skin, white hair, red eyes. I like it that way. I updated the animation so it moves more correctly. Does no one else have anything top say about the sprites and how they animate?
Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:08:16 pm by Drex
#258  February 15, 2014, 12:05:26 am
  • Raging Fist
In regards to pandora mode I'm rather interested in seeing a mode like that for Mugen. Maybe like how Rajaa did with his chars for Rage mode. Its got the right command set (D,D +MP-MK), only allowed if you're at 25% health, and there is that health decrease for damage increase. I can see infinite EX moves being used yes but not infinite supers, AND If anyone is interested, Maybe a Lvl3 super to cancel out the pandora. The amount of time you would have for Pandora mode would be the same as the EX/Meteor combo mode thats implemented on the POTS styled characters.
As for Juri, I say she's looking pretty top notch so far :3 I hope to see a palette template soon so I can update her.
Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 12:13:10 am by Flowrellik
#259  February 17, 2014, 12:13:41 am
  • SEIYAA!
    • Sweden
    • artbyjiggeh.tumblr.com
I couldn't care less about alternate Pandora modes or palettes or whatever, but I gotta say this shading really bothers me!

I admit that before zooming in on it in PS I hadn't even realised there were some intermediate tones in there between the brightest highlight and those harsh, dark edges, but it still reads really confusingly. What shape are those dark lines indicating? Why is there a bright highlight right on top of them? If the dark line is a fold, the highlight should be below it, IE on the top part of the fabric sticking out below the fold. Right now it doesn't read as cloth folds, it looks like a sharp wedge sticking out in the middle of a flat surface.

That's all I can think to criticise though. The wobbly arm in the walkcycle is definitely an issue but you seem to be on top of that.

Keep up the good work.
#260  February 17, 2014, 11:34:47 am
Wow!! A lot of replies since my last!!

- Balthazar, Diepod, City Hunter: Thanks menn!!

- Ink: For sure! spider at her back was like...a mess to do. But being positive: I don't have to put a lot of details there :P!

- Extravagant: As Aldo said, yes. I may be taking some time, since I first have to finish C. Viper.

- Drex: Thanks for animating it...I'm pretty terrible at making stuff like that U_U. Also, thanks for the foot thing, I didn't see it so I'll fix it right now :D.

- Snackist: Juri's main palete has three colours for the hair(~lt's hope to the CS which will end in 6!). Also, SFxT Pandora's...just had a single withe colour, EXCEPT in outlines...the problem here is that I,for saving colours, did the outline stronger than usual(something that Capcom did with Athena, Mai, etc in CvS).

- Aldo & Quickfist: I'm not a fan of Pandora mode. But I got to admit that it would be at least, interesting(or fun) having a palete like that :)

- Walt: I knew that palete changng while in game but, is there a chance of "changing modes" during gameplay? I mean, Gouki-->Oni(not speciffically that, but that's the clearest thing I can think about now). Maybe implementing TWO times the same character with just the changed sprites?

- Drex: Exactly what I thought. I think that a FULL Pandora character would be an awesome final boss. And quickly feasible to spriters, since we would not have to take a lot of time with shading, since it's all black+some whites for silouetes(boobs, etc), white hair and...yes, just "glowing" purple tattoos. It would be interesting, tho.

- Flowrelick: I'll do that template once I make the first CS. What I got in mind is kinda different to what I previously did.

- Jiggeh: Yes, you're right. i know that's wrongly done, since because of light direction and etc a "enlighted" fold should not be there. Or at least, as you said. It was just a way I thought for "filling" a desertic area. Also, I use to put agressive lines like that(darkest tone--second light) just for giving a massive impression, as if there were a step there. Also, that's the kind of suggestion I like to see, something that helps me improving :)!

Now: News? Nonews. I'm just spriting the 1p-2P of Juri, also erased Viper's intro(walking), redoing the whole thing.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

EDIT: I have a question: Is possible that a character "learns" a movement after fighting against another? For example, Sagat "learnt" Tigger Uppercut after Ryu's SHoryuken in SF1. Is this possible in mugen? I think I've read something like this at one of Werewood's creations, but not 100% sure. Thanks for your time!!
Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:23:12 pm by FeLo_Llop