FeLo & Co (Read 574867 times)

Started by FeLo_Llop, April 04, 2010, 03:30:29 pm
Share this topic:
Re: FeLo & Co
#421  February 25, 2019, 12:29:09 am
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
@Knuckles8864: Thanks, man!! :D!

@Loud Howard: I kept her in the "bye bye felicia" chest. Seems she's cursed for me, since most of times I had her between my official wips, had problems with the PC or lack of time. Design-wise, she's one of my favourite Capcom girls, being SIMPLE and STRONG as she is. I wish I find a time to sprite her.

@PeXXeR: Thanks dude!

i was right back then, Delta red is a Curse!
#422  February 25, 2019, 06:24:22 am
    • USA
His normals were always weird to me, so happy to see you making new ones. I do have MIRA on ps2 if you need screens etc.
#423  February 26, 2019, 12:36:10 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
His normals were always weird to me, so happy to see you making new ones. I do have MIRA on ps2 if you need screens etc.
Those new attacks are just to fill the 6 button system and/or because were missing in XIII.
Also, if you can send screencaps of "new" attacks he had in KOF MIRA would be awesome. I thought using Cammy's drill for that air kick he has in that game. Thanks man :D
I swear there was something cool here!!
#424  February 26, 2019, 01:18:26 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Oh wow! This looks amazing! Y'know... this makes me wanna update the Ash me and Chazz did with your sprites. I'll be watching this.

#425  February 26, 2019, 01:38:56 am
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen

I'm no artist, but these look absolutely fantastic.

I've watched numerous videos about what makes a good sprite/animation, and (though I may be incorrect on this) it can boil down to three things: proper key poses (which help decipher which attack is which), proper shading (contributing to pseudo-3D aspects) and expressions from the move itself (helps shape a character's personality).

All three aspects have been NAILED here, and you absolutely deserve bonus points since you had to re-model some of these yourself and keep the same style as all the ripped ones.

I am absolutely interested in seeing more when you finish.  :iog::megusta::goi:
#426  March 03, 2019, 01:44:14 am
@QuickFist: Be my guest!! I did it on purpose! :D!!(I was in fact talking with @Chazzanova about this).

- Joey S.: Thanks, man. The pose honor goes to SNK team. I'm only converting their(awesome) work into a smaller one. The problem here comes mostly in faces, trying to get the "personality" of a bigger sprite is kinda hard sometimes. That's why most of the sheet has a "serious" look at it. The shading gave/gives me problems sometimes because of the different colour waves. The idea is a Human Saiki(or even a full one) could be done with not so much effort. I only agree in the last point. When resizing, most of the sprites gets BLURRY as Hell. That's why I have to "re-construct" the whole thing. 

Now, just experimented something:
(taking 1 of 7 sprites for Juri)

The most accurate size from SFV to CvS is 320x180. There's hope after all. Not implying Juri or Cammy to become wips, but maybe I can take one of them as side-wip alongside Leona. We have a SF4 Juri by Chuchoryu(I thought in taking it AND fix the whole thing, but after seeing it would not be worth the time, since there's SO MUCH to fix and I'd spend less time making the sprite from scratch). And Cammy has gained so much things along these years, having enought things to create a DOLL base for anyone willing to use it.

As always, C&C is welcome. Have a nice day!

EDIT:
I can not being quiet. Did this test with Juri, decreasing her colours into something "feasible" and then wanting to kill someone. As you can see, the colour decrease makes the converted sprite VERY blurry, so in the end is like creating it from scratch.
(the one converted is the very first of the bunch)
Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 02:04:56 am by FeLo_Llop
#427  March 03, 2019, 04:15:12 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Hmmn......

You took those frames directly from the PC game? If so, maybe there's some shader mods over there that could help with a project like this... :ninja:

Just did a quick search, and I found this:
#428  March 04, 2019, 11:35:19 pm
Nope...DLed Drwetony's videos and then extracted ALL the images(OMG). Then stretched it to 320x180 while decreasing the colour count. For some things, drawing above(layers) would be far more useful, but in others I would be spriting as I used to.

Also, this stand for Cammy looks nice, even it's only 7 frames(SFZ has 8, btw)

Have a nice day!!
#429  March 07, 2019, 02:17:52 am
    • USA
I just want to say something, while looking over many of your sprites I noticed that you skip a lot of the transition frames. Some attacks all together. As a result, things don't look as "smooth". You already know C.Viper as I was telling you, but looking at Rose, I've noticed its similar. I do want to point out that it is not mandatory or necessary that you do these things to the T, but bringing it to your attention to possibly help improve. She is missing her Far MK, while her HK is similar, the positioning of the move is different.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Not a HUGE difference, but you get what I mean. You can see it in the movement. Sprite 190,0 & 190,3 are identical.

Everything else is great! This is not complaining or anything either, if no one points these things out we'll never improve. I am telling you this as you wanted me to make this character, as I go over it, I will connect with you. Would you be against adding more stuff from SF4?
#430  March 07, 2019, 08:24:47 pm
Thanks for pointing ll these things out, 2Dee. I took as reference SFZ sheet of Rose(an sometimes the one from CFJ) and I may lost some things in the path. About adding stuff from SF4, I think everything she had in SFZ is overed, EXCEPT the new stuff from SF4 Omega(the Bubble, etc).
#431  March 12, 2019, 07:35:09 pm
Soooo...

Last week found a LONG LOST folder in an old old PC. Guess what? Most of what I advanced with Abel...was there!!!
Just took one sprite for doing some minor fixes+CS and while not 100% satisfied with the result, i guess it could be good.

As you can see, now leg's muscles are hugger(and with some better definition), shorts are shorter(  :wink3: ), French flag is tied to a real side instead of being centered, forearms has scars, gloves are closer to its design and...yes. The kneepads are different. I prefer Cestus remake over Capcom's design in this sense. I'm undecided if adding a fifth skin tone for give him a lighter one, so the muscle definition may look better.

Aside this, I've done pretty much nothing, only worked in Ash,

Have a nice day!!

PS: Not moving Leona for this guy. Maybe both could be the side project of the other one.
#432  March 13, 2019, 01:34:54 am
  • Niigasan
Would love to see abel in mugen
#433  March 17, 2019, 12:08:39 am
Me too. That's why he could be my side-project alongside Leona. So seems I hyped and took again his possible portrait. This time, with a CS on it. Even it's CLEARLY unfinished, I'm pretty proud of this. You can see that he's not THAT good boy after all.

#434  March 17, 2019, 11:23:27 am
Man, you rock dude! Abel, Ash and Leona look fantastic. If possible can you throw me a colored gif of her stance I would rock it as an avatar (leona).
#435  November 30, 2019, 12:31:45 pm
Sorry everyone for being this silent. These last months have been a mess, work, study, depression and RL stuff. This is why Ash was kept on hold. I could not take care of constant, repetitive small details. In other words, I was not able to center on it nor anything else. Few pixels got me tired after all.

When I felt better, started experimenting with portraits:

Why? Because I like to keep a common style in my myuginzz.

And now that I'm sure I can achieve something better, I decided to take an old old thing into form. Why? because this guys(girl? individual?) is easy as Hell to convert. Just changing the shading A BIT, and a short CS.

I'm also going to convert the small UFO from MS for a possible new attack. Or adding aliens from other franchises to be "extincted" by this little, adorable alien squad squid.

Have fun, enjoy life and love everyone! Have a nice day!

#436  November 30, 2019, 12:36:27 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
The image might be a bit small but sure thing.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#437  December 01, 2019, 12:13:55 am
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
Sorry everyone for being this silent. These last months have been a mess, work, study, depression and RL stuff. This is why Ash was kept on hold. I could not take care of constant, repetitive small details. In other words, I was not able to center on it nor anything else. Few pixels got me tired after all.

When I felt better, started experimenting with portraits:

Why? Because I like to keep a common style in my myuginzz.

And now that I'm sure I can achieve something better, I decided to take an old old thing into form. Why? because this guys(girl? individual?) is easy as Hell to convert. Just changing the shading A BIT, and a short CS.

I'm also going to convert the small UFO from MS for a possible new attack. Or adding aliens from other franchises to be "extincted" by this little, adorable alien squad squid.

Have fun, enjoy life and love everyone! Have a nice day!

You need to look at the old images later on, tinypic is dead,and even photobucket went full retarded.
#438  January 12, 2020, 02:04:43 am
The image might be a bit small but sure thing.

Yes! I don't know why that server makes images THAT small, but it's a good way of showing them without other people taking my work and claiming as their own. At least not 'till I officially release them OR passing them to some interested coders.

You need to look at the old images later on, tinypic is dead,and even photobucket went full retarded.

That's quite a work. And yes, I totally agree with you about tinypic and photobucket.

Now...just few things:

1) Mars People takes the lead, alongside Ash Crimson. Both them are being worked from Monday to Friday. Mars People's GHs are nearly finished. About Ash, as month ago, only special attacks are left. Génie is giving me some problems in terms of spriting. Also, I'd have to figure out which basic attacks of who to convert for him having 6 Punches and 6 Kicks. Apply that to air, crouch and stand(lucky me, there's enough 2k3 different stuff for him). And no, not considering Remy at all, that would be the mainstream option.

2) Leona and Abel are sent to the weekend. Also redid Abel's MB again:

(Old--->New
And please, don't say I should make her as a totally separated character, even this was going to be Abel's design. It's fun he was going to be a girl and his other half Seth is now a woman)

This way I can sprite in he whole bunch without being pressured at all.

Have a nice day!!
Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 02:18:17 am by FeLo_Llop
#439  January 13, 2020, 08:42:55 pm
    • Chile
Make her a separate character.

But seriously, your work is brilliant. I wish I could sprite 1/10 of what you do.
#440  January 14, 2020, 12:21:30 am
Make her a separate character.

But seriously, your work is brilliant. I wish I could sprite 1/10 of what you do.

1) No! But being honest, as she is a rejected design, that leaves A LOT of freedom while creating attacks and well blending in the SF universe. In a rush, she could be a bit of B. Mary, Shermie and Angel in a mix. Quick thinking, but mostly nope :P.

2) Thanks! But I wish I could code 1/10 of your skills. I'm reading the docs and still ost U_U.