YesNoOk

Bad News (Read 40607 times)

Started by GLB, October 02, 2017, 07:42:31 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Bad News
#41  October 03, 2017, 02:52:00 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
This is tragic news. My condolences to you and your family.

RIP Tamez. I know many people will miss him, including myself.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!

GDM

#42  October 03, 2017, 04:02:28 am
  • I'm not trolling
Shit...............RIP Tamez you're in a better place now.
#43  October 03, 2017, 04:03:17 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Sorry for your loss and may he rest in peace.

I didn't know him (we never had the chance to speak) but I remember I would always get a chuckle out of his avatar and sig. From the way he wrote and the feedback he gave, it seems like he was a really chill and friendly person. It's a damn shame.
#44  October 03, 2017, 05:38:04 am
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
RIP Tamez,

He was a good man. The bro taught me BG Ctrls back when I was learning stage coding :(

DW

#45  October 03, 2017, 06:55:33 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Man for real bro! I can't believe it... Goddamn man... I'm literally shedding tears for him right now man. Fuck... Condolences GLB man. Tamez was cool as hell man. I respected him and if I knew IRL, I'm sure we would have been friends as well. My heart goes out to you and his loved ones. Real shit. I'm really sorry...
#46  October 03, 2017, 07:18:19 am
  • Secrets are just answers to the wrong questions...
  • www.newagemugen.com
    • Greece
    • sakchak322@hotmail.com
    • www.newagemugen.com
I'll never forget the day I met Tamez back when he was still with Club SyN and the others. What a friendly and amazing man he was. He's taught me so much about advanced stage coding and he still has my thanks for that....

I hope that you're in a better place now Janitor. RIP my friend...
I second all that.

Oh my god, that is horrible to hear GLB, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family....

Tamez was a big inspiration mugen creation wise for myself, and im not just saying that to be corny. The stages he used to make in the early days with MOTVN were ahead of their time quality wise for the time and my close friends and all of us old school original newagemugen, club syndicate and phantomGs members from back in the day will not forget him.

I didnt get to talk to him much obviously in later years as many of us drifted from mugen etc but i still remember alot of the lulz we used to have with Tamez on the old csx/phantomGs Xats on the old websites and  talking about fighting games and other random stuff.

May he rest in piece and his legacylive on in what he left us.
Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:21:43 am by PhantomD

GOH

#47  October 03, 2017, 11:35:56 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Rest in peace Tamez, one of the friendliest nicest guys I met on the forum. :'(
#48  October 03, 2017, 12:08:28 pm
  • Angry Molesting Tree
  • Auf gehts ab gehts 3 Tage wach
    • Germany
    • cenobite53.mugengermany.com/
My condolences to you and your family.

He was a great guy, he will be missed :(

RIP Tamez
look at my sprite rips  HERE
look at my TMNT Project HERE
My Contribution to mugen: Stages: 897 | Chars: 8 | Fullgames: 1 | Spritesheets: 85
#49  October 03, 2017, 02:06:01 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
My god, what a terrible news...
He not just made some of the best MUGEN stages this forum can bring, also he was a very nice guy in all the time I post here, even when I never was too close to him...
My condolences GLB (and for your sister too), he may rest in peace u_u

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#50  October 03, 2017, 02:10:12 pm
  • Im a Newb
Terrible news to wake up to.

Rest in peace brother.

#51  October 03, 2017, 08:20:55 pm
  • For honor!
His reaction to my C. Evil Ryu still touches me to this very day. Regrettably, we never got to interact too much but I was still able to tell he's a very sweet dude. I'm terribly sorry for your loss.
Iroha stripped for me
#52  October 04, 2017, 12:21:51 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I always thought dude was connected to Elecbyte in some way.
Hopefully he's in a better place spiritually than we are currently.
#53  October 04, 2017, 03:31:47 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Gonna miss the Random Chill Weirdness from Tamalez-Senpai.

Hope you and your fam the best bro.

GLB

#54  October 04, 2017, 03:53:00 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Thank you everyone for your kind words. Our family is blessed to have so many people that care about Tamez. I love and appreciate you all so much. I'm not the type of person to ask for help, just because i always try and take care of it myself. But this time it's a little hard, the funds medically and the funeral arrangements are going to be so expensive. The life insurance that's being received isn't going to suffice most of it. I've picked up overtime these few weeks to try and cover a fraction of it but i'm at a loss, I decided to start a GoFundMe. Any and every donation would be appreciated.

The link is here, and on the first page.

http://www.gofundme.com/paying-tribute-to-matt-tamez
#55  October 04, 2017, 01:05:57 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
R.I.P Tamez it was like couple days ago i was watching him on twitch playing watch dogs trying to contain his rank on the top of leaderboards lol. He also definitely made it easier for advanced mugen stage coding with his great tutorials. Thanks for that man it was highly appreciated. He was a good dude. Hope all goes well for you and your sis glb.

GLB

#56  October 06, 2017, 12:41:17 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Thank you.

I'd like to announce some good news! The GFM page has received almost 4,000 dollars already. I'm just floored, completely speechless and happy. Thank you to everyone that donated, and thank you to everyone that's posted here and honored his memory in some way. It's really helped us through this difficult time.

NoZ

#57  October 13, 2017, 02:11:16 am
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
Just came back after the horrific things that are happening right now in my country(Puerto Rico) after the fucking hurricane and first thing I see is this,I am really heartbroken,GLB you and the family have my sincere condolences,we lost a great guy,man back in the Phantom G days he helped and pushed me to be better,such an excellent coder and for reals a great guy,Tamez well see you around someday bro,you will be missed
#58  October 18, 2017, 09:28:32 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
My condolences to you and your family. I empathize with the whole situation because when I was 24, I also had a brain aneurysm that resulted in a stroke and had to be removed through surgery. I am really sorry that Tamez wasn't able to survive.
May he rest in peace
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#59  October 18, 2017, 08:25:22 pm
  • (Formerly ShinRyoga)
  • Christian / Artist / INFP personality
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/ShinSamus
Omg, I am so very sorry to hear about your brother-in-law passing away. You and your family are in my prayers...God bless him and all of you.
#60  October 21, 2017, 08:23:02 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
I’m almost lacking the words to express myself right now.
I am in total shock.

I am a year older than Tamez was and I guess I always felt such a huge humbling light emanating from the dude ever since I knew him from here. What I mean is I never would have expected something like this to ever happen to him. He was one of the first to teach me things about stages along with the Syndicate and Phantom crew back in those days and I am forever greatful for those things but more so for creating a solid friendship through the process. I remember playing Smash Bros with my friend on WiiU and all the funny trash talk and taunting at my stage code whenever he got the chance but it was always friendly and genuine like c’mon bro....you can do better.

Aw shit Tamez. I was just thinking about you last week but I’ve been moving to a new state and too busy. Man I am wrecked by this and don’t know what to say. Rest in peace my brother and I’ll truly miss you.

@GLB my warmest wishes to you and the rest of the family in such a difficult time. I love you man and I am sorry for your loss.
Do you still require more funding? I’ll do what I can.

Edit. Done.
Rest in peace and forever rock the heavens my friend. Will never forget you man.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 08:33:10 am by MaxBeta