YesNoOk

Feedback to Warnings/Decisions (Read 854455 times)

Started by Iced, February 24, 2012, 09:43:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Feedback to Warnings/Decisions
#3921  July 26, 2018, 11:26:32 pm
did you guys get an accurate translation from someone who knows japanese?
google translate isn't the most reliable when it comes to translating complex sentences. he could be referring to something or someone not from here.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#3922  July 26, 2018, 11:29:58 pm
I saw the screenshot in the warnings thread and yes, the translation was correct. In fact, the Japanese text looked like it was translated from English through Google in the first place, it was awkwardly phrased, exactly as broken in Japanese as the English translation sounded. But there's zero chance that "eat your mother's pussy" was a mistranslation in either direction. I'm just not exactly sure who it as aimed at to begin with (possibly at people who use Google Translate).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 11:35:13 pm by Byakko
#3923  July 26, 2018, 11:41:31 pm
  • Angry Molesting Tree
  • Auf gehts ab gehts 3 Tage wach
    • Germany
    • cenobite53.mugengermany.com/
But at whom are those insults directed? And who is offended by those?
I am not trying to defend him, since I have nothing to with this guy.
I am very long in the mugen scene, but out of the drama shit all the time.
Just want to understand whats going on, since I enjoy his mugen content.
His Felicia release is still in the top advertisement threads at the top of the forum ;D
look at my sprite rips  HERE
look at my TMNT Project HERE
My Contribution to mugen: Stages: 897 | Chars: 8 | Fullgames: 1 | Spritesheets: 85
#3924  July 26, 2018, 11:45:02 pm
Regardless of who it was targeted at, JNP was saying he's been doing that multiple times and has been told to not hide insults in his posts and his characters, and he's been banned for that before. And he was still doing the same thing. I don't know how else one might spin this for an excuse.

Oh wait, that wasn't a recent addition ? Yeaaah, maybe you guys should have asked him about it first :-\ (I turned off all sig and avatar display years ago, I don't even remember what my signature is, I can relate)
||
V
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 12:11:00 am by Byakko
#3925  July 27, 2018, 12:05:41 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
From what he told me (I'm in a discord server he's also in, go figure), he put that there when he was 23. He's 28 now.

Given how it wasn't in a visible area and that youtube link in his signature was dead, I want to believe him.

Also JNP, why did you change his profile to insults? I thought we didn't do that?

lui

#3926  July 27, 2018, 12:26:35 am
    • USA

Pretty sure he didn't have the foresight to call out the explodsive buffering system in his bio 5 years ago as well, yet, here we are. That really ruins that excuse because even if he did make it 5 years ago, he still edited it to include the buffering system remark without editing out the insult, knowing it was there. There's no excuses this time.

The bio/sig changing thing is pretty childish though even if it's a literal translation of what he said
#3927  July 27, 2018, 12:48:52 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Having "Explod buffering is braindead retarded" shown openly in anyone's sig would be perfectly fine. Potentially the "mother's pussy" message would've been fine if displayed out in the open too, though probably not if it was written in Japanese—because the whole issue here is the hiding of shit, not really the content.

Also, it doesn't actually matter one iota how old any of this is. It doesn't make it right!
#3928  July 27, 2018, 01:26:43 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
so on top of everything he lied to gill instead of admitting what he did.

Jz is now permabanned.

This childish shit that he repeatedly pulls never had any place here, and the countless friends he fucked in the ass to do it should stop.
#3929  July 27, 2018, 01:42:20 am
    • Canada
Isn't changing his profile to say "I'm braindead retarded" just as childish and petty though?

You can't ban a guy for being childish and just go and do the exact same thing.

Honestly, I really don't even like the guy, I think he's a bully... but c'mon dudes, that was an easy win and all you had to do was *nothing* and you had the higher ground.

lui

#3930  July 27, 2018, 01:43:51 am
    • USA
It is, jnp already admitted it and said he'll change it back right away
#3931  July 27, 2018, 01:53:06 am
i don't think something that he did outside of this forum's scope is grounds for him to be permabanned.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞

lui

#3932  July 27, 2018, 01:56:39 am
    • USA
It's not the fact that he did it outside of the forum, it's that he was telling someone in THIS forum that he forgot about it for 5 years and essentially lied about it to seem like he didn't do much wrong. Thing is, it would be literally impossible to not be aware of it because he added in the explodsive buffering remark, which didn't exist back till half a year ago. If you edit a sig you see EVERYTHING you typed.

The remarks themselves didn't get him in trouble, it's the fact he hid them. JZ has been here long enough, he knows better. And instead of just owning up to it, he decides to tell others from this forum that lame excuse to report back here.

Lying will always get you banned no matter what. This is one of those things where there is no excuse no matter how you put it. JZ knows better and he isn't dumb. Neither is anyone else
#3933  July 27, 2018, 03:44:48 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Bah, I removed the insults "which were merely rewordings of what he said reverted back to him". It's been a while since I could be childish back =p

quote from discord
My excuse isn’t good. He’d been doing this for a while with not just me but so many others. It wasn’t even malicious. I don’t know. More like “now I’m ribbing you back bizatch! You dish it out, can ya take it?”

This of course doesn't make it right. Heck I was being a hypocrite doing it since I've always been the one to call out those that do this. But he's called me out for so many years and the "insults" are so laughable and minor I just felt the need to be childish just once back. I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids and your stupid dog.

I don't feel the new findings deserve any increase in ban length but we're still discussing it.
#3934  July 27, 2018, 04:45:13 am
    • USA
At the risk of sounding like being part of his defense force (Which is kind of a BS move since you're trying to condition people into not saying anything with that) I just HAD to come here after more than half a year because no way I was missing out on this event (Thank you Discord), it's just too damn funny! I don't know what's more hilarious:

* The fact that he gets tagged as a liar because he forgot that the last time he edited his post was 2 years ago instead of 5 (As if it was remotely relevant to this). Spinning that into a lie was a plot twist I'm sure no one expected, much less that being used as an excuse to finally get rid of a person certain people dislike.

* That someone randomly decided to check his sig 5 years after he was told to not to hide insults there (If not even more). I'm not sure what would be worse here as the answer, a mod waking up one day and suddenly thinking "Oh hey let's check Jesuszilla's code in his sig months after he stopped being active here!" or a contrived story about how a random user decided to do that and report it to the mods.

* That after getting him banned for months his profile is edited to do the very thing he's banned for and apparently not a single moderator objected it since then until like what, today? After backlash from a couple of users? The actions of one moderator reflects on all of you, you all should know better just like he should've known better with his sig. This makes all of you look bad and good for you for fixing it *now* but it's a thing to keep in mind from this point forward.

Just like your admin has the right to think that whoever jumps in his defense here does so just because it's JZ (Cue "Morale Support Unit") I, and anyone who's been here for years really, have the right to think that this is far more personal towards him than ever (Especially after the hilarious permaban). Don't get me wrong, he deserves his initial ban (I don't think anyone's actually objecting that, not even him I bet) but you cannot tell me this didn't look fishy as fuck from the get-go. If it was someone else getting banned in such fashion then I'm sure any acquaintance of that person would have a similar opinion on the situation (And probably even I would if I noticed such patterns and knew about the event). It's my problem that this chain of events give me a "personal matters" vibe but none of you are certainly helping for the opposite to happen.

I probably respect like 3/4 of the mod team at best and I wasn't a fan of how certain things developed a while ago nor a fan of certain people in charge so I simply left, and while extremely funny to see that at the end I was right with how a chunk of the mod team can go out of their way for personal reasons, I still have a lot of acquaintances and friends here (Even in the mod team) and it's BS that every time I come back to check how things are it's the same suspects doing stupid crap here and there.

I just hope that someone eventually analyzes his old Felicia and Jerry sig image to find "Fuck the MFG admins" hidden somewhere along the metadata of the picture combined with the hex values after they generate the protocol and get to the IB feed through the optical AGP panel. All that so he can get double-permabanned.

Take this as feedback or as a complain, whatever you want. You can even go to the mod chat and gloat about how you "called" this post happening, have fun with that, but at least I can come here and be straightforward about it. How many of you can say the same after that ridiculous permaban? I'm now left wondering how many similar things happened in all these months I was absent.
#3935  July 27, 2018, 05:10:42 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
I gotta agree with Red on this.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.

DW

#3936  July 27, 2018, 05:21:23 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I'm gonna chime in and agree that this feels more personal, rather than unbiased. I just recently got off work, or I would have spoke up earlier. Whether you decide to stick with it or not, eh... It is what it is. Though seems a bit over zealous just for some broken gibberish insult. On the outside looking in, it looks like someone took the insult personally and is pushing the envelop. I respect JZ and find him cool overall, though I'm very unbiased about this whole thing. I'm certainly not someone who has, I suppose for a lack of a better term, "white-knighted" for him. I'm just keeping it 100%.
#3937  July 27, 2018, 05:26:16 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
* The fact that he gets tagged as a liar because he forgot that the last time he edited his post was 2 years ago instead of 5 (As if it was remotely relevant to this). Spinning that into a lie was a plot twist I'm sure no one expected, much less that being used as an excuse to finally get rid of a person certain people dislike.
Again, it was—at most—barely a year ago, because it references a thing that didn't exist until a year ago. In fact, it probably was edited in around the time of this post. That's not something that anyone could confuse as being written 5 years ago.

* That someone randomly decided to check his sig 5 years after he was told to not to hide insults there (If not even more). I'm not sure what would be worse here as the answer, a mod waking up one day and suddenly thinking "Oh hey let's check Jesuszilla's code in his sig months after he stopped being active here!" or a contrived story about how a random user decided to do that and report it to the mods.
I mean, it was in fact just a random user who had ad-blocked images and thus had the message show up, but I guess that's not gonna convince anyone who's talking about "contrived stories". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is the image they sent us (cropped to remove anything identifying):

* That after getting him banned for months his profile is edited to do the very thing he's banned for and apparently not a single moderator objected it since then until like what, today? After backlash from a couple of users? The actions of one moderator reflects on all of you, you all should know better just like he should've known better with his sig. This makes all of you look bad and good for you for fixing it *now* but it's a thing to keep in mind from this point forward.
None of us besides JNP knew because, well, JZ was banned, and wasn't making new posts. It's not some weird conspiracy, man! We all agreed to remove that stuff as soon as we were alerted to it!

Also, just an FYI, the initial decision to increase the ban length to perma was not discussed with the mod team, so we had to grab everyone and have a big conversation about all this. We discussed the whole lying thing and whether stuff said off the forum has bearing on ban length, but it's still such a blatant, obvious falsehood and skeezy that the original ban was simply not severe enough.

So: the permaban is off the table, but the original ban has been increased from three months to a year. That is all.
#3938  July 27, 2018, 05:32:58 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
The rest of the staff didn't know I edited the insults to direct back at him. It was all me, I've advocated not doing it for almost 2 decades. If he can't handle someone that has never EVER done anything back to him after he has targeted me for so many years simply redirecting his silly insults back at him then i dunno. It wasn't right for me to do it. But you're also being ridiculous and pedantic. You're defending someone that has lashed out at people for nearly 15 years. Of course some of them may want him gone. TBF if the cycle had been going sooner he'd been perma banned long ago. Dude's been banned so many times for the same BS. You can't just hand wave that he's not an asshole.
#3939  July 27, 2018, 05:39:17 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Hi, this is Speedpreacher. I was co-chair for the legal defense this week. On a personal note, I'd like to thank some of you for making it so clear that speaking so passionately against making the ban longer in the first place was a failure on my part. Stupid me!
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time

DW

#3940  July 27, 2018, 05:43:44 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
The rest of the staff didn't know I edited the insults to direct back at him. It was all me, I've advocated not doing it for almost 2 decades. If he can't handle someone that has never EVER done anything back to him after he has targeted me for so many years simply redirecting his silly insults back at him then i dunno. It wasn't right for me to do it. But you're also being ridiculous and pedantic. You're defending someone that has lashed out at people for nearly 15 years. Of course some of them may want him gone. TBF if the cycle had been going sooner he'd been perma banned long ago. Dude's been banned so many times for the same BS. You can't just hand wave that he's not an asshole.

I suppose in the grand scheme of things, that's your opinion of him. Granted it may be justified, IDK you guys' history, though still. Wounds may run deep, and that's just something you guys will have to come to terms with/hash out some day. I don't pay a huge amount of attention to everything that goes on, though speaking from my own personal experience, JZ is my dude lol. For real though. It's crazy how one person can loathe someone, while another holds that same person in high regard.

He always helps me with my char development. I don't talk to anyone that much, but generally speaking he's a cool guy to converse with. He gave me a home in these mean MUGEN streets and he always keeps it 100%. IDK man... I guess if people brought up old slights about him or w/e, but I wouldn't judge him on that stuff anyway. I can only speak on my personal feelings toward him.