YesNoOk

Killer Instinct (XB1 & Windows 10) (Read 759836 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 10, 2013, 07:28:09 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Killer Instinct (XBONE)
#21  June 10, 2013, 09:10:50 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/

The fake kewlkitty88 comment is not a good sign.
#22  June 10, 2013, 09:14:36 pm
  • Fuck You.
everybody gotta bring their own xbox one to play at tourneys lol
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#23  June 10, 2013, 09:15:02 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
- As already mentioned, graphics and hud announcements look like SFIV.
- Character design is very poorly inspired...Sabrewulf looks like a mutated Blue version of Red XIII from FFVII. :P
- Particles do not impress me at all.
- The announcer sounds the same but is waaaaayyyyy more excited than I remember, or maybe its just that announcement at the beginning. :P

For a game franchise that was way ahead on the graphics train back when it started, they have failed to impress me this time around.

I really hope this gets much better, but hoping for things to improve and watch how they don't has become so cliche nowadays...so, meh. :/

I guess I'll stick with the old emulated good games.

I swear to god the whole thing looks like an SFIV skin-hack...even the fucking stage. >:( ...WTF M$?!?!!
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#24  June 10, 2013, 09:15:44 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
#25  June 10, 2013, 09:21:22 pm
#26  June 10, 2013, 09:22:31 pm
So what are the console's selling points again?
Killer Instinct 3. Trust me guys..we will see it on the E3.

I'm the only guy in the world that thinks that Killer Instinct is a bad game I think. I also think it wouldn't thrive in the modern generation because the things that made it so appealing before are virtually obsolete.

Props to GBK for calling it but I think what I said is pretty much what I'm seeing in this topic.

If they somehow can make it competitive and try not to stick 100% to older KI gameplay philosophies then we might have something. Otherwise this game will die within 2 months of release.
#27  June 10, 2013, 09:29:48 pm
  • Fuck You.
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#28  June 10, 2013, 09:54:02 pm
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
Oh my God what happened Jago.

Seriously, it hurts to see this game even outside of the fact it's Xbone exclusive.
#29  June 10, 2013, 09:56:52 pm
  • Burn to Fight
look interesting, jago with Steroids XD,  but is the same announcer voice from the old KI in the game?

#30  June 10, 2013, 09:58:59 pm
It's not like KI was expected to be anything other than MS exclusive. We don't even know all of Sony's policies they made up for the PS4 so I say let's all withhold judgment on which console is the most sickening.
#31  June 10, 2013, 10:24:17 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
While they did show off one big combo during the conference, the game looks way too unpolished and virtually ripped and ate the SF4 Graphics and Engine, giving it very little identity.

Not to mention as others stated, how are tournaments supposed to work with Xbone's offline BS?
This game just plain looks dead.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#32  June 10, 2013, 10:24:44 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
everybody gotta bring their own xbox one to play at tourneys lol

:cawg:

So fucking true. That's why I HATE ONE's policy regarding disc based media. I want to get excited, but... I... can't. Watch tourney's either A: somewhat die down to the hardcore only crowd and B: Tourneys will have higher entry fees to cover individual units. Bullshit.

I guess I'll stick with the old emulated good games.

I swear to god the whole thing looks like an SFIV skin-hack...even the fucking stage. >:( ...WTF M$?!?!!

THESE POINTS

This is why MAME is so amazing: You get to play games that aren't tied to a particular PC/Laptop/Whatever. And all of our game releases nowadays are simple retreads of yesterday's "ahead of their time" releases. I'll gladly stick to the original KI, thank you. God that game still kicks ass. I also see M$ dumbing the game down to appeal to the masses to sell more units as opposed to keeping it close to it's roots, like SFIV did so well.

PASS.  :grrr:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#33  June 10, 2013, 10:25:18 pm
    • USA
Im probably late but here's a better screenshot
#34  June 10, 2013, 10:27:40 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
This seriously looks like a fucking SFIV PC mod.

Goddamnit I am so fucking pissed right now. :grrr:

Fuck this, I'm heading home after work and firing up KI. I will then perform Orchid's 29 hit combo repeatedly so KI can scream Killer Combo in my ear. With the volume turned to maximum.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#35  June 10, 2013, 10:32:41 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
So what are the console's selling points again?
Killer Instinct 3. Trust me guys..we will see it on the E3.

I'm the only guy in the world that thinks that Killer Instinct is a bad game I think. I also think it wouldn't thrive in the modern generation because the things that made it so appealing before are virtually obsolete.

Props to GBK for calling it but I think what I said is pretty much what I'm seeing in this topic.

If they somehow can make it competitive and try not to stick 100% to older KI gameplay philosophies then we might have something. Otherwise this game will die within 2 months of release.

It was just a coincedence and a big wish by me to see FINALLY a new Killer Instinct. Like a lot of you here on MFG i liked the Killer Instinct games...would call myself even as big fan of the old games and like the most of you i am dissapointed as well. I dislike the XBone and what it stands for, and the new character designs are..horrible for the most part. Glacius looks okay to me but Sabrewulf and especially Jago..are FUBAR!

There can be costume dlc of course but still..i doubt this game can be good by looking at the history of Double Helix games. How the game was treated with only a 25 seconds trailer among 10 minute long trailers for something as uncreative and boring looking like that Ryse shows how MS sees the IP. Since i started the thread i ll write up any news though as neutral possible.

Let's see what Sony has to offer in some hours (its fucking 2:30 am here when their conference starts)

#36  June 10, 2013, 10:40:45 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
KI fans asked and begged for this for this to happen and it just shows that desperation can lead into shitty results.

Also what the fuck at the Jago combos? this isn't original KI gameplay in the slightest.
#37  June 10, 2013, 10:50:32 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#38  June 10, 2013, 10:52:57 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Dude, I didn't hear a rape joke in any shape or form. Just bad commentary Wow... people really need something to talk about, don't they??

#39  June 10, 2013, 10:59:41 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Fucking terrible redesigns (They ruined Jago with that dumb mohawk, tattoos and a completely different sword), the particles are all over the place.
The announcer and music are kinda nostalgic, but that's all it has. Looks like they're trying really really hard to copy SF4 (That stage even looks similar to the Japanese temple)
Also HA-HA XBOX ONE, 2/10, will not buy or play competitively.
#40  June 10, 2013, 11:02:05 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I remember someone saying that nobody could do worse than nrs at character redesign... fucking karma man.