YesNoOk

Mystic Gohan released, Supreme Goku updated by TOPS (Read 8404 times)

Started by i_oVo_i, January 24, 2012, 11:48:13 am
Share this topic:
Mystic Gohan released, Supreme Goku updated by TOPS
#1  January 24, 2012, 11:48:13 am
  • ◄ フェニックス・エンドソング►
    • Indonesia
Re: Mystic Gohan released, Supreme Goku updated by TOPS
#2  January 24, 2012, 11:54:37 am
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
I'm actually more surpriced to see a Batman Scarecrow that looks... very cool...

But it's probably just an unifnished character. :S

Otherwise, I think Gohan looks a bit meh... sorry...
#3  January 24, 2012, 12:28:41 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Too bad TOPS took the road of super umbalanced DBZ stuff, which is a shame considering his cool Duke Nukem (even if far from perfect) and overall cool DBZ sprites at normal size.
I told him on CVG, but he said he can't please everybody. Since most of his "fans" use super unbalanced stuff, he creates his DBZ chars to match them, thus making it unplayable against normal chars.
Because of such unbalanceness, there's isn't much gameplay, as the attacks pretty much consist in
1) Ki projectile spam
2) Ranbu moves all over the place
3) teleport moves

To be downloaded to see a fine sprite work, but not more.
#4  January 24, 2012, 12:34:57 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Duke Nukem went the same way after a certain 2.0 update, unfortunately. It didn't make it better, but rather worse. Can't remember now what he did, but I'm sure the lastest update made Duke Nukem worse.
#5  January 24, 2012, 02:07:25 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Ya, I kinda figured that out of TOPS out of his silly name and these quotes from his Goku:
Well chances are this is going to be our last version of him, but the reason his damage is high is just because every other dbz cheracter out there is like that so it has to be made that way to compensate. But in realty if you think about it, say if ryu had an attack power of 100 in the cns goku or even worse gogeta would have an attack power of 100000000000000 lol. it's just how dbz is.
First off even if we were to lower gogeta's attack power to the average mugen cheracter, say ryu for example. He would still be far to powerfull of an opponet for the average cheracter to go angainst.
Reason being is because of every other advatage he has such as masive energy attacks, teleporting abilty allowing him to avaid most things and his speed among other abyltys, that he just has as a DBZ cheracter.
So really to make him "balenced" as you say we would have to strip him of over half his moves, this is not what we're about. We have always strived to bring the absolute best in a cheracter and be as true to them as possible, this mean giving them every move and abilty they have ever had or would make sense for them to have.
With DBZ cheracters it's hard we have the fans that want them totaly balenced and depowered all to hell and we have the fans that want them Super mystery style, where basically almost every energy attack is an instant death move and they have huge colision boxs that fill the wholescreen regardless if the attack is that big or not. We have to settle some where in the middle. Our gogeta is not as cheap as super mystery stuff not by a long shot in fact we had to make a special SCISM patch just so he could compete with his cheracters. But yea at the same time our gogeta is not balaenced like ryu either. Has to be in the middle man. It's the best we can do. can't please every one but atleast we can hope to please the majorty.

NoZ

#6  January 24, 2012, 02:25:05 pm
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
Such a waste of nice sprites,thank god for balthazar and Cybaster
#7  January 24, 2012, 02:31:08 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Don't you see guys, accuracy to the anime is the best! It just makes sense that everything should be accurate! Who cares about balance, even though a lot of people has proven that it is possible to reach such thing, and that it still comes out great!

You guys just suck for not seeing the light. I'm ashamed of all of you :-\
#8  January 24, 2012, 02:32:33 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
agreed with noz what a waste of those good sprites

Don't you see guys, accuracy to the anime is the best! It just makes sense that everything should be accurate! Who cares about balance, even though a lot of people has proven that it is possible to reach such thing, and that it still comes out great!

You guys just suck for not seeing the light. I'm ashamed of all of you :-\
you seems got a point there
#9  January 24, 2012, 03:11:05 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Looks messy, overly flashy and unbalanced. Maybe I'll steal a sprite or two.
This is EXACTLY the style of gameplay I've been desperately trying to AVOID!
Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 04:32:08 pm by Balthazar
#10  January 24, 2012, 08:30:31 pm
  • You don't know enehthin.
TOPS is breaking my heart :/ He makes such a well made Duke Nukem character, he has so much potential... And it's utterly wasted on this cheap DBZ guttertrash  :'(
Gameboy Scorpion - 4%

SUPER SECRET STAGE - 0% ;)
#11  January 24, 2012, 08:38:35 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
#12  January 24, 2012, 09:26:04 pm
    • Poland
Ehh another unbalanced cheap DBZ chars. Stuff like this gives Dragon Ball name bad name in Mugen...

Such waste of sprites. I'm waiting for years for good looking (that's why warusaki3 doesn'
t count), balanced SSJ3 Goku with japanese soundpack. I guess I have to keep waiting.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#13  January 25, 2012, 08:08:05 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html

thank you very much, TOPS, for ruining something that could have been very cool!  :'(
#14  January 25, 2012, 08:27:44 pm
  • Riding on the wings of destiny.
Thanks to Balthazar, Cybaster, Choujin, miaoyu and sammy for creating good DBZ characters.

It's quite rare to see, but it's special when you get to see it. Oh, and XCB for his Android18 (almost forgot!).  :P
Stand up for what you believe in, and never give up!
#15  January 27, 2012, 12:37:16 am
  • Q
Thanks to Balthazar, Cybaster, Choujin, miaoyu and sammy for creating good DBZ characters.

It's quite rare to see, but it's special when you get to see it. Oh, and XCB for his Android18 (almost forgot!).  :P

I think Chrono_Strife and the Team OS make good DBZs as well.