YesNoOk

Retsu, Geki, Lee, and Joe -- and SF1 Ryu (Street Fighter Alpha style) (Read 208725 times)

Started by SiL3Nt J, June 27, 2017, 06:35:26 pm
Re: SF1 Ryu, Joe, Retsu, Geki and Lee (Street Fighter Alpha style)
#201  October 07, 2017, 05:51:47 am
    • USA
Not really sure what you mean by 'legit'.
Like, what is it about t.hawk or fuerte that doesn't fit into the 'legit mexican' category?
#202  October 07, 2017, 08:25:33 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/

Shit
#203  October 07, 2017, 08:31:33 pm
#204  October 08, 2017, 12:44:33 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Lol if Grand Theft Auto can do it why not Street Fighter :p

But yeah I was just fuckin around with that. But it would be pretty cool to have some legit Mexican guys. Maybe a MMA guy or a fast boxer based off of De La Hoya. Always wanted to see a character from Antarctica too. Was thinking it would have been fucking funny to see them put Antarctica in SF1 and when you go there you fight a penguin and a polar bear

you can try having a guy who startedas a boxer but became a wrestler once he gained weight, by mixing boxing and wrestling and keeping him away from regular MMA; as far as other sports mexico has a tradition in, there's soccer, but everybody in the world plays that one so it's kind of boring, walking and diving, which do not work for fighting, so the other weird sports are karate, which everybody does like soccer, or taekwondo, which is funny because meixco actualyl performs way better in taekwondo than it shoudl ever do (kind of like spain does with karate)
#205  October 08, 2017, 01:30:32 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
I know T.Hawk was from Mexico, but he always looked more Native American to me than Mexican. I actually liked El Fuerte, it was cool to see a Luchador in Street Fighter, but it was kind of annoying how Capcom chose to make him a joke character. We wont see Ryu, Fei Long, Makoto, Akuma, Ken or Guile running around screaming I'm guessing. But oh well.

I had some ideas for Mexican characters too. Had an idea for a boxer character, and thought it would be cool to see a Luchador based off of Charly Manson. It would be cool. SF needs a serious Mexican character. Also, an Icelandic character would be cool.
#206  October 08, 2017, 06:33:26 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
In other news, here's an update on Joe. These are his crouching attacks:

Top row: His regular crouch sprite

2nd row:  His light, middle and heavy crouching kicks. I wanted to give him a crouching heaving kick like Dhalsim's that can slide under projectiles.  I was thinking that since he doesn't have a projectile, he could have a couple of ways to get around them that most characters don't have. It would make sense because street fighters really use dirty trick to win fights when they fight in real life. Also, it would be cool to mix that move up with his overhead kick to keep the opponent guessing.

3rd row: His light, middle and heavy crouching punches.

4th row: An alternate version of his crouching heavy punch. Was thinking Guile:

#207  October 18, 2017, 05:23:22 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Here's his stance animation.

Almost finished with this, just have to remove the shoes. This was probably the hardest one yet because it was all from scratch except for the hands, head and shoes. Stances and walk animations are usually the hardest because everything has to be spot on in order for it to not look like shit. Gotta say though, I'm pretty happy with this one. Referenced Dai Kawahara's Joe sprite and Capcom's Cody sprite for this:

#208  October 18, 2017, 07:42:21 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Reminds me a bit about MK classic moves. I don't mind it. I'm actually quite interesting to see how these turns out.

Oh, and I died when I saw that Mexican from the last page.
Still, I think a solid Mexican could be quite interesting indeed.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#209  October 18, 2017, 11:13:35 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Lol glad you liked my character.

Just took his shoes off to make him match the other animations:

#210  November 14, 2017, 04:15:22 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Just fyi, I haven't forgotten about Joe. Just working on a few more animations for Michael and I will get back to this.

9mb

#211  November 15, 2017, 07:40:25 am
.....Is this better?
I am Chinese!打倒一切洋奴,慕洋犬和港台毒!
#212  November 17, 2017, 12:24:44 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
whatever you think dude, I probably wont change it just because it took a long time to animate. I know all of the sprites look the same but they are actually slightly different and one animation. he has the same stance as Cody.
#213  December 05, 2017, 02:29:10 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
I know it's been a while since the last update. Just finished his jumping kicks. More coming soon:

Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 06:00:02 pm by SiL3Nt J
#214  December 07, 2017, 07:57:08 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Finished his jumping attacks. Even though he isn't 100% finished, I think I am going to post him in resource releases. The only stuff I have left on him are minor things like turning and blocking sprites, throwing sprites, intro, etc. I'd say he's about 90% complete:

#215  December 17, 2017, 05:45:03 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Now Joe has a throw:

#216  December 19, 2017, 09:54:19 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
Nice, but you can add Cody's tennis shoes to Joe's. Hope you add them before you release them.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#217  December 19, 2017, 09:57:27 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Nice, but you can add Cody's tennis shoes to Joe's. Hope you add them before you release them.

Don't hope. This guy was doing the opposite- deleting them from sprites that had them. That's something I really can't understand about him...
#218  December 19, 2017, 06:54:26 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Well I was using Dee Jay as a base for the majority of the sprites. Only used a few Cody sprites though. So it would be easier to delete the shoes form a few than to add them all to the rest. But it's just temporary. I want to go back and add them after it's done. But doing it this way speeds things up for now.
#219  January 03, 2018, 05:38:32 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Now he has an intro. Thanks to Fighter's Generation for the Cyclops sprites that were used as bases. Can't decide if I like the black outlining better or not:

also, added something to his daddy region (not intended to look like a penis, it's the line on his pants):

Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 06:05:22 am by SiL3Nt J
#220  January 03, 2018, 03:11:07 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
He's looking good, and I am excited for him.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME