YesNoOk

CvSE Sprite Project (Tifa, Asura) (Read 337568 times)

Started by hatter, February 28, 2016, 04:46:44 pm
Share this topic:
CvSE Sprite Project (Tifa, Asura)
#1  February 28, 2016, 04:46:44 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

^ Palette templates (indexed by davismaximus)

Current characters getting sprited: Tifa Lockhart, Asura.
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 04:06:29 am by Ho-Oh's Apprentice
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#2  February 28, 2016, 07:01:23 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Very hyped by Tifa finally having some nice Capcom sprites!!

Would have loved to see her in CVS style, but CPS2 is not that bad.
Good luck with the sprites. Hopefully she will be using her Ehrgeiz moves too.
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#3  February 28, 2016, 07:03:40 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Looking good
dunno if this was mention but what resolution are you going for the final game?
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#4  February 28, 2016, 07:10:02 pm
#5  February 28, 2016, 07:18:14 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

I saw it, and am in the process of applying some of the details (skirt, hair, face, colors). Also, the size I put down is staying as is.

As for the final resolution....... 1280x720? I wanted to choose that since that's the resolution of my laptop, but then again, I have to think about it a bit more. Thanks for bringing it up, Hunter.
#6  February 28, 2016, 08:43:53 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
I personnaly prefer 640x480
good luck with everything
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#7  March 02, 2016, 05:12:51 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I personnaly prefer 640x480
good luck with everything

I can study that notion. Just to add that there is the idea thread where you can share anything that comes to your mind regarding stuff like gameplay, ideas, etc.

Nothing special, I wanted to finish this today, but 1 of 2 mid-terms left was to be done today, but anyhow (thanks Karasai and Sin- for feedback):

>>> |

Still need to iron out other stuff, but that will be done at a good pace, everything will fall into place. I'll try to make my progress updates a mix up between complete stuff and in-progress stuff, so I don't deny you the good shit. :P
Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:29:54 am by Zaitsu Hatter
#8  March 02, 2016, 05:20:20 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Nice bounce animation you got going on Tifa's legs and hair~ : V

Dunno if the top part of her hair should move a bit too (the part behind her head, not the top obviously). Overall, it's a very smooth animation you got going there! ^^
#9  March 02, 2016, 05:23:17 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Dunno if the top part of her hair should move a bit too (the part behind her head, not the top obviously). Overall, it's a very smooth animation you got going there! ^^

I see what you mean, I also realized that the new anim at one point also has a frame in which the head moves to the right (viewer's right) a tad too much. Once I get the shading done on the remaining 2 frames, I'll cross compare it with jadencorsair's original anim and iron out everything. Thanks for the input. :)
#10  March 02, 2016, 05:26:57 am
    • USA
No problem at all! I think the bouncing everywhere is fine otherwise (yes, even there which I was avoiding for a reason!). I also like how you did the feet too so that's not just bouncing up and down on still feet. Those sprites are definitely going to come in handy, that's for sure~

@Nedflandeurse: The movelist if you haven't seen it has a couple Ehrgeiz moves since I didn't want to just throw EVERYTHING from Dissidia in there for the moveset. That and uh...not everything she had was viable for a Super too. ^^;
#11  March 30, 2016, 05:35:20 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Any small mistake(s) will be taken care of once a sizeable plethora of these anims are complete.
#12  March 30, 2016, 05:38:20 pm
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Really looking forward to more Asura progress.
Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 05:47:21 pm by ゴーストキラー
#13  March 30, 2016, 05:55:21 pm
Nice amins, really well done
#14  March 30, 2016, 06:08:19 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Man it's fantastic. You're an artist!! Oo'
#15  March 30, 2016, 09:07:24 pm
    • Netherlands
I think one of steps has one more frame than the other.

Also while it looks good I feel that the walk doesn't really feel right thematically for Tifa, it seems too girlish somehow. With the stance of the idle I expected something more like Cammys walk.
#16  March 31, 2016, 12:34:56 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
For the walk you could also just make the hands closed to a more serious/Beat 'em Up aspect.

Amazing animations overall, your progress is admirable. :beatnik2:
#17  March 31, 2016, 12:39:04 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thanks for the comments guys, glad to have caught your interest:

I think one of steps has one more frame than the other.

Yep, I know. I actually have he required frame to make it all equal, line art wise, I just didn't do it..... yet. :hat:

Also while it looks good I feel that the walk doesn't really feel right thematically for Tifa, it seems too girlish somehow. With the stance of the idle I expected something more like Cammys walk.

For the walk you could also just make the hands closed to a more serious/Beat 'em Up aspect.

You are both right, this walk doesn't really go with Tifa, and the beat'em up guys aspect could be emphasized, but this is just a matter of using what was already made:

I said that the first three anims will be converted from jadencorsair's CvS Tifa animations, which were the idle, walk forward, and walk backwards, and that's not going to change. But I do want you to know, that I agree with you whole heartily.

Part of the Tifa project is continuing what Jaden couldn't finish, so you have that as well.
#18  March 31, 2016, 12:40:53 am
    • USA
While I do somewhat agree, I also somewhat disagree. Tifa is still kinda girlish here and there regardless, just not as much as say...Aerith was. The only thing that makes it seem girlish I guess is the ways the hands move. I think the rest of the animation is perfectly fine honestly.
#19  March 31, 2016, 12:53:06 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You use Athena as the motion base?
#20  March 31, 2016, 01:03:27 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
You have a point, mate. It's just that... I think her walk seems too much like Athena right now (I'm almost sure she was the base Jaden worked upon), and while it flows great, it maybe would require some tweaks to suit her persona as already stated.