YesNoOk

CvSE Sprite Project (Tifa, Asura) (Read 337558 times)

Started by hatter, February 28, 2016, 04:46:44 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#21  March 31, 2016, 01:09:00 am
Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 01:12:21 am by Sin-
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#22  March 31, 2016, 01:43:15 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
how much of waving blow's tifa has been used as a base/reference ?
#23  March 31, 2016, 03:33:24 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
jadencorsair (dA account: http://jadencorsair.deviantart.com/ ) used Athena as a base/reference. Hatter here is converting jadencorsair's sprites to his style.

Yes, but just those 3 animations. After that, everything will be either frankened when needed, or completely drawn by me.

Also this isn't the first time I said this.

how much of waving blow's tifa has been used as a base/reference ?

Waving Blow's Tifa? I have no idea what you are referring to.
This is a generic forum signature.
#24  March 31, 2016, 07:49:34 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
waving blow made a tifa for knfx ; I am not sure if someone else already ported her to mugen, tho.
#25  March 31, 2016, 08:06:42 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Never heard of this Tifa either, might know better if there's at least a sprite to see though?
#26  March 31, 2016, 11:06:15 am
jadencorsair (dA account: http://jadencorsair.deviantart.com/ ) used Athena as a base/reference. Hatter here is converting jadencorsair's sprites to his style.
Yes, but just those 3 animations. After that, everything will be either frankened when needed, or completely drawn by me.
Also this isn't the first time I said this.

I said it for those who weren't aware, like Just No Point.

waving blow made a tifa for knfx ; I am not sure if someone else already ported her to mugen, tho.
Waving blow site: http://www.geocities.jp/waving_blow/index2.html

Yes, she's got a Mugen conversion ( by kayui_UMA: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x7dalb8ap8w84gm/tifa2.rar ). The sprites are very good (the guy/girl who made the mugen character ripped them at twice her normal scale), but the mugen character isn't.

If you want to rip them yourself: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fc7dxacqu0c7z6a/blue_moon_factory_-_waving_blow_tifa_sprites.rar
open the offset programme, search for the pattern.pat file and view/save them.
Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:19:38 am by Sin-
#27  March 31, 2016, 11:17:18 am
    • USA
Oh? I very very vaguely remember this, forgot it even existed. Yes, those could work nicely for converting, if Hatter is up to it. Course, making it look the same as all the other sprites might be time consuming buuuut.
#28  May 02, 2016, 03:27:16 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
To answer the above question, I looked at Tifa by Waveblow, and honestly, those sprites weren't very good, so no.

Detailing/small fixes comes later, and yes, those are all her frames. 10 frames, exactly like Jaden's.

In about a few hours, I'll have finished Asura's idle sprite, and make the roughs for a few more animations, so stay tuned.
#29  May 02, 2016, 10:04:56 pm
    • USA
That's a really smooth looking walk animation.  The shading on her left leg seems weird when it transitions from front to back though (artist's left). I don't know if that's how it would work, would it??
#30  May 02, 2016, 11:07:55 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That's a really smooth looking walk animation.  The shading on her left leg seems weird when it transitions from front to back though (artist's left). I don't know if that's how it would work, would it??

Yeah, I just figured out how the transition works, and you are correct, it doesn't function like that.

However, this problem is easily fixable, so once I can at least have basic movement done, I'll gloss over that tiny aspect. Thanks for pointing it out.

It seems that I misjudged the amount of time I have to complete Asura's idle and work on the roughs for his next animations (gotta get some stuff ready for livestreaming tomorrow). Tomorrow afternoon, I'll do my utmost to finish the idle and roughs. Sorry guys!
Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 11:12:37 pm by Zaitsu Hatter
#31  May 11, 2016, 03:59:45 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Finished the idle, finally (will gloss over any mistakes later). Have some more in-progress shit, since that's what I can currently provide.

(I forgot to edit the speed on this one, sorry)

Huff puff.
#32  May 11, 2016, 07:13:26 pm
  • Here every now and then...
    • USA
    • zboyx8@live.com
That Asura idle is so damn sexy.  Nice work man
#33  May 12, 2016, 01:05:48 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Tifa is looking real fluid!
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#34  May 31, 2016, 10:22:52 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Zostead: Thanks, it took a while but it was damn well worth it.

LunchPolice: You can thank jadencorsair for that smoothness, I hope to attain that level one day.

I should be done with Tifa's walk back soon. As for Asura, I'm going to be putting him on hold. No, he's not cancelled and I won't hold off on him at this very moment, but just so you can know why:

1. I feel I jumped the gun, working on a character that'll essentially be a sub-boss in my full game project. I want to focus on Tifa, who'll be a character in the demo I'm currently working on for Capcom vs Square Enix, alongside Ryu.

2. Currently, my mates who are apart of the Asura project are currently MIA, one for a very good reason, the other I haven't kept in touch much with him, so it's currently me doing the Asura stuff.

So since I said I won't hold off on Asura now, what'll essentially happen is that I'll be working on his basic movement, graphic wise, so: idle, turns, idle > crouch and vice versa, walks, dashes, and jumps. Then Asura will be on hold.
Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 09:32:26 pm by Zaitsu Hatter
#35  June 24, 2016, 07:39:10 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Haven't had anytime to do much.

^new animation, decided to look at other CPS2 animations and do as they do. In this case, I looked at Hulk's turn animation, which was 3 frames. Yes, this is drawn from scratch. No it isn't done.

If I actually decide to not be lazy, I could actually finish this one today.......
#36  June 24, 2016, 10:59:10 pm
  • Niigasan
Looks good man

lui

#37  June 27, 2016, 06:57:11 am
    • USA
i should have done this sooner, but im dropping by to say im officially dropping out of the asura project.

my first attempt to finish his idle, which i did finish went haywire and with this recent harddrive crash i don't want to pickup another project :/

my life at this point is just too hectic to commit, sorry to let down anyone who wanted to see a 3-man dream team come alive
#38  July 03, 2016, 12:27:44 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
^I was expecting that. At least you told me, g'luck with laifu. (I actually ended up finishing the idle anyways, lol)

So I figured out how the animation's gonna go:

I'm going to endeavor myself in finishing this, I've honestly had enough of this anim (and Tifa's walk back) lying around. I'm sure you gaiz have had enough too.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#39  July 03, 2016, 01:03:35 am
    • Mexico
#40  July 03, 2016, 04:00:23 pm
    • USA
    • robbywarner13@yahoo.com
asura is looking great, glad someone is making him