YesNoOk

CvSE Sprite Project (Tifa, Asura) (Read 337583 times)

Started by hatter, February 28, 2016, 04:46:44 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#241  February 14, 2018, 09:36:17 pm
    • USA
Maybe with Sora, instead of going through a big hassle to sprite all of his playable KH2 forms, he'd switch between on the fly you can cut corners and incorporate them into his Supers.

It's a similar idea I had with Bloody Roar characters being made in mugen a while back. Yugo, for instance, is only playable in his human form but will go into Beast form during a super combo.
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#242  February 17, 2018, 09:31:10 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Honestly, its probably going to be one form as a Limit Break/Super Combo.

Noctis: Yeah, Chun-Li for the kicks. :thumbsup:

I'll probably edit/fix some stuff later on (because this took longer than need be), but for now, here's the idle. Shout-out to balmsold and Alpha Proto for the suggestions/help.

Stream's gonna happen tomorrow, 11 AM EST.
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 09:36:55 pm by Ho-Oh's Apprentice
#243  February 17, 2018, 09:39:20 pm
  • Niigasan
lookin good
#244  February 17, 2018, 10:33:59 pm
    • USA
look at the amount of detail on him, looks amazing
#245  February 18, 2018, 06:13:10 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

What I intended to stream but couldn't because apparently, my upload speed is so bad it can't maintain a live-stream. I wanted to go farther than this (grayscale shading) but what's the point if it can't be streamed. So here's an early look at his crouch > idle and idle > crouch, inspired by Twelve.

It might not be much now but just wait until its cleaned up and fixed and shit.
#246  March 13, 2018, 01:05:13 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
I was just thinking, but if you made his tattered robe with like 2 big tears at the bottom instead of what...7-8 little ones? It could save you some time down the road. Or just none at all. I don't think anyone would mind the lack of detail pertaining to that unless it would bother you personally.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#247  March 17, 2018, 07:45:17 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
It won't be any easier with or without them. I'm just gonna roll with this, because I actually like balmsold's edits to my original version.

I'm not going to work on this forever, so in order to do that, I'm getting over my pride and just gonna do this shit because I'm cursed to bad scratch animation in fighter sprites:

Lack of any progress is due to university wanting to kill me by drowning via assignments, and being generally busy. This time around, I'm going to apply balmsold's method to the tee and not skip over anything.

Also, this might be out of the blue, but would anyone be willing to make like, 6 custom palettes for both Tifa and Asura? I'm absolutely terrible at it. Out of the blue, I know, but I'd appreciate it.
Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 07:57:35 pm by Ho-Oh's Apprentice
#248  March 17, 2018, 08:05:08 pm
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
Upload some pallete templates and i'd be down to contribute :thumbsup:
Re: CvSE Sprite Project (Asura Palette Template Up)
#249  March 23, 2018, 12:27:57 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Nice.

A bit late, but there were some palette issues I needed to fix. That and I edited his hair and did a final polish pass on his idle. I'm now happy with it.

It's unindexed at the moment, but I'll index it all later when I get to coding him, which isn't soon.
Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 12:46:46 am by Ho-Oh's Apprentice
Re: CvSE Sprite Project (Tifa, Asura)
#250  March 23, 2018, 04:58:43 am
  • Was it something I said?
One word...

#251  March 24, 2018, 12:10:53 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thank ye.

Since I couldn't stream this, consider these as me making up for that.
#252  April 14, 2018, 09:56:20 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

I'd have finished the first part earlier (tentative finish that is), but I got caught up with coding Alena, among other things. Shout-out to puny Banner for the assistance.

Also, I know I showed these in different threads, but the Capcom side's going to be pretty lit with these assholes joining in:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

So yeah, I got resources/am in the process of getting resources to use for making their graphics, should be fun.

Also, since I have nowhere else to say this, I got a sound designer for the project. We're taking the soundtrack in an unexpected direction that I'm sure you'll like.

I'll have a Tifa animation up soon, she's also going very slowly bc Alena.

EDIT: Also before I forget, again a shout-out to NicotineFist and Kiwi for their CvS renditions of Moriah and Pink Ostrich, they did a wonderful job with their renditions. ^_^
Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 10:20:22 pm by Ho-Oh's Apprentice
#253  April 15, 2018, 10:58:21 pm
Made some pals for Asura - I took the liberty of indexing the template you had, making it easier for people to make palettes:

Spoiler: Pals (click to see content)
#254  April 15, 2018, 11:10:33 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thank you for answering the call. I'll update the first post with it. They look wonderful, by the way.
(EDIT: first page updated with davis' template.)

@Yoshin222: since you wanted to wait until an indexed template came out, now's your chance.
Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:20:46 pm by Ho-Oh's Apprentice
#255  April 16, 2018, 08:50:20 pm
    • USA
wow cool
#256  April 20, 2018, 04:02:43 am
Did the same for Tifa. 

Spoiler: pals (click to see content)

These two could really benefit from some color separation, even if it was just the eyes/teeth, but fantastic work nonetheless.
#257  April 20, 2018, 04:06:57 am
oooh man! this asura looks great, this technique really works, wish luck for you is going on it.

S1N

#258  April 24, 2018, 07:06:36 am
  • Noob
    • USA
Great Job man! Can't wait for full release of this two characters to test there might against KFM!
#259  December 06, 2018, 01:24:09 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
<--- in-progress walk animation, 6 frames.

Took a break from this to work on my art and work out personal issues. My animation has somewhat improved since then.

I've been posting more on my Twitter, which you can find here: https://twitter.com/yahyanass_art

It's gonna be where I post any progress/announcement for this project, since it won't be made with MUGEN (meaning, there's no use for this thread anymore). For now, I will focus on spriting until Achilleon's UE4 fighting engine comes out.

Don't hold your breath for frequent updates.
Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 01:33:46 am by Ho-Oh's Apprentice
#260  December 06, 2018, 01:32:16 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Tifa looking EXTRA THICC.
Lasagna