YesNoOk

CvSE Sprite Project (Tifa, Asura) (Read 337563 times)

Started by hatter, February 28, 2016, 04:46:44 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#61  July 18, 2016, 06:55:50 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
F'n sweet! Finally those Gene voice rips I did years ago might find some use again... If only Nestor continued on his Gene. Daeron started spriting him, dunno how far they got though

Anyhoo, Hatter, will be sending you my lifebar and screenpack concepts in the week. Just got a few more models to finish.
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#62  July 18, 2016, 07:16:43 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Yeah, I saw that sprite. I don't think Daeron got far on it. Either way, there was a Gene MUGEN char with a fuck ton of moves. I plan on using it as a ref, while everything else is done by hand (or tablet if I get it soon enough).

Also, very excited about your SP/bar concepts. You can bump my idea engineering thread at anytime if you have suggestions/something to show geared towards CvSE.

Thanks for taking the time to do this for me man, I highly appreciate it. :)
This is a generic forum signature.
#63  July 22, 2016, 09:43:28 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

They still need tweaking and tiny fixes, but they are at a state where I can say:

:XD:
#64  July 31, 2016, 02:40:56 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Chitty chitty bang bang.
Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 03:33:38 am by Hatter
#65  July 31, 2016, 03:30:15 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Hm...really hard to say how it looks when it's so fast for the turning. The crouch looks nice though so far!
#66  July 31, 2016, 03:34:23 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I tried slowing the turn anim down. Can you see it better?

It's not complete, by the way. Just thought I'd let you know.
#67  July 31, 2016, 03:58:17 am
    • USA
Oh, I realize that already. I saved the GIF and used Infranview to really look at it, and I have to say that's interesting transition frame for the turn. o.o
#68  August 03, 2016, 10:29:55 pm
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
Not bad on both Tifa and Asura. I like how they turn out though I know Tifa's crouching is in progress. Love what you do, man.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#69  August 04, 2016, 12:19:14 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Hey, I'm glad you like.

Managed to figure out where I fucked up in Tifa's crouch anim (and even then, it still needs more refining in the proportions), and standing turn anim is done:

I'll start working on some concepts for Gene, and maybe some of the others in the roster soon.
#70  August 04, 2016, 01:29:19 am
That face... you need to change it. :P
Like this:

DW

#71  August 04, 2016, 09:13:06 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Yeah, that face edit is very good Sin. You should take his advice and change it. Nice progress on Tifa so far. Keep it up. Definitely looking forward to Gene as well.
#72  August 05, 2016, 04:13:01 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Yeah, I just did. Will post later, once I finish up her idle>crouch animation, but rest assured, the changes

Not related to the characters being worked on, but still CvSE related:

All the animations that I'll be converting to CPS2 style for Ryu. If anything, this'll be really easy to do. Yeah, nothing's been worked on yet, just thought I'd show you what new animations you should expect to see for Ryu in this style.

Which leads me to my question. For Zangief and Chun-Li are there any sprites of their chip K.O. and roll animations in the correct CPS2 ratio? If not, does anyone know of a way to pull them out of CvS2/CvS1 with the desired ratio?

Also, if anyone has a copy of Gene by brown, plz send this way.
#73  August 05, 2016, 04:26:57 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It'd be easier to use the CvS ones and just make them the right res. You take them in PS and widen the image using nearest neighbor. If a wrong look comes from it like the edge of a Sprite getting double pixeled return the Sprite back to normal and move the axis over 1 pixel then try resizing again till it matches cps2.

Once you figure it you can take the same sprite back at cvs res again and repeat the steps while recording it. Redo the axis move and resize then save the script and run a batch on the rest of the sprites.
#74  August 05, 2016, 04:29:29 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
^I figured as much. Though thinking about it again, this sounds much easier than what I just asked about lol.

Thanks man, I'll be sure to try it out once I download the first CvS tomorrow.

EDIT: Just realized I may have made the sprites (well, the intros) a bit too tall. Will rectify that as I go along.
Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 04:37:03 am by Hatter
#75  August 08, 2016, 04:10:47 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Tortoise progress on Tifa:

And HERE COMES A NEW CONCEPTCHALLENGER:

[BLEARGH OLD N MOLDY IN PROGRESS SPRITE REMOVED]

For Gene's face, I tried to mimic Ryu's. Not sure if I nailed it right, so maybe, I dunno, you tell me or something?

I'll be going back to Asura starting tomorrow, I really want to finish his basic movement and be over with it. So far, I only have 3 anims, and to finish basic movement, I'll need to do 6 more anims. May as well move it along, then put him on hold.
Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 03:51:10 pm by Hatter
#76  August 08, 2016, 04:31:08 am
    • USA
So I assume you managed to snag Brown's Gene then??
#77  August 08, 2016, 07:45:28 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Sprite's nice, but the width doesn't seems very CPS2-ish, and that hair looks so wrong:

Shit
#78  August 08, 2016, 01:07:05 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Very hyped of finally seing Tifa in some Capcom style graphics.
Keep it up with the good work!
#79  August 08, 2016, 03:03:15 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
So I assume you managed to snag Brown's Gene then??

Nope. Drew it from scratch, with Ryo's legs as reference. Do you happen to have it? nevermind, somebody posted a Mediafire link. :D

Sprite's nice, but the width doesn't seems very CPS2-ish, and that hair looks so wrong:

Took another crack at Gene, how's this:

Very hyped of finally seing Tifa in some Capcom style graphics.
Keep it up with the good work!

Glad you are liking what you see.
Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 07:07:02 pm by Hatter
#80  August 10, 2016, 12:16:30 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Okay, seeing squat said about Gene, I'm going ahead with the assumption that the width/hair are fine, so have some semi-shaded Clover Studios goodness:

Aaaand Asura crouch turn: