YesNoOk

Joe (SF1) - Spriting has begun! First Anims on Page 4! (Read 122413 times)

Started by Sean Altly, April 23, 2014, 11:42:51 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Joe (SF1) - Character for MFG's Street Fighter project (Seeking Donations!)
#21  April 24, 2014, 03:58:00 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I can throw down the remaining amount. $110-$130
#22  April 24, 2014, 05:00:01 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Wow, that was fast. We still need people that will donate in the event any of the current donators drop the ball so keep telling how much you'd donate for this.
#23  April 24, 2014, 05:15:04 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
I loved his hair concept!

Very like the Street Fighter evolutions of Birdie, Adon, etc XD

Keep It Up :D
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#24  April 24, 2014, 05:24:40 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
If I'm ever able to set up my paypal you've got $20-$40 from me
#25  April 24, 2014, 06:02:31 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I am really hoping for shirtless.

Taking clothes off always makes for a good intro.
#26  April 24, 2014, 06:10:54 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
I´ll only be able to help with paletting and stuff like that. No money to spare, sorry.
Chilling
#27  April 24, 2014, 08:35:18 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
For some reason, he reminds me of Tristan.

Anyway, I'll throw in $10
#28  April 24, 2014, 10:05:49 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
I can contribute 40 dollar (which is just shy of 30 euros).
#29  April 24, 2014, 05:19:11 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
MMA = gai tendou.
#30  April 24, 2014, 08:23:40 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I was actually just going through some of Gai's animations for possible bases, good call.

I updated the tally in the first post. As you can see, as of right now, we're above goal. If you guys all want to donate that amount, I could include other things for the extra amount, such as animations not required for the MFG Street Fighter project. For example: power charge, running animation (the project uses dashes mainly), standing dodge, special intros, focus attack, etc. (feel free too suggest some others I might be forgetting).

That's just an idea and if you guys would rather stick to the $350 goal, that's fine as well. Thoughts?

Download Last Bout now!
#31  April 24, 2014, 08:25:02 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Stretch goals! O_O

Focus
Shocked
MFG SF's comeback mechanic on get up (potentially defensive and offensive)
Power Charge
Run
Sidestep

other standards
DS standards
Midnight Bliss
Burned
Stung
Cursed
Spinning into vortex

Man it could just go on and on!
Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:30:40 pm by Just No Point
#32  April 24, 2014, 08:38:24 pm
  • SNK is life
One more thing about the fighting style. Maybe look at that boxer guy from Big Bang Beat. He looks like a brawler, and the arm position on the stance might give you good results for transition-back-to-stance
#33  April 24, 2014, 11:28:48 pm
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
FUCKING AMAZING!

Sean i can donate US$ 40

Are the donations still open????
#34  April 24, 2014, 11:46:03 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Could anything over possibly be put toward Geki? Since you 1st mentioned him along with Joe? Or would that be too far away and slightly possible you may not hold interest to then?
#35  April 25, 2014, 04:27:07 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I mentioned Retsu, not Geki. I'm not sure I want to take on that much right now, but I wouldn't rule it out if the funding was there.

@Mr. Karate

The goal has been met, but I certainly wouldn't turn down more donations. The more I get, the easier it will be for me to work on the sprites because I won't be so strapped, and I'll also add more animations if I get more than the goal amount.

On that note, I guess we should discuss actually making the payments. You can use the Donate button on my MFG site, or send it directly through paypal at ohmycannoli@netscape.net. $350 will get the MFG project spriteset, which includes all attacks, basic actions, and animations for that game's mechanics. Depending on how much more I receive (if any), I'll determine what's extra.

Let me know if you can or can't pay, or if you'll have to wait to send the money or something like that.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 04:35:02 am by Sean Altly
#36  April 25, 2014, 05:00:19 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I also meant to say Sean, it's good to hear from you since the last post I recall reading of yours was from that rough patch you hit, I assume things are back to normal.

I was going to suggest something, but I wasn't sure if it was the best idea, his current stance appears much like a boxer, and when I think of street fighting, it brings me back to the days of Def Jam Fight For NY, and I recall the style being much more focused on heavy hitting punches, what if you gave him a treatment like Gen, where he had a stance change possibility? Maybe one stance could be all punch focused and the other being all kicks, to emphasize each style he uses, or at least some sort of ready stance that would chain into other moves, similar to Jin's zenshin stance in tekken.
Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 05:06:14 am by C-G-U
#37  April 25, 2014, 05:42:40 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Sent $50 just now. Will send the other $50 next pay check. 2 weeks from today.

Guess it's time to start solidifying his movements and attacks.
#38  April 25, 2014, 08:31:05 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Updated the first post with a Donations Pledged and a Donations Received section, just to keep track.

So I think Iced and I were in agreement with the concept of the Ghost Step. Right now I have three follow ups planned. The first is Pop-Up Knee (working name), which is very close ranged but pops the opponent up for a juggle (one or two hits max). The second is Scythe Kick, a spinning kick to the mid section that has good range and speed and knocks the opponent down. The third is Slash Elbow, where Joe fakes low and then does a downward moving elbow slash. It would have a lot of start-up but would be an overhead.

To go with that I imagined a move called Ghost Fade, which is a backwards moving version, with either the same follow ups or a set of different ones, still deciding.

Another special I had planned is Screaming Elbow, which is a jumping elbow slash that would act as sort of his version of Jaguar Kick. Different strengths would give him different distances with different arcs.

I also thought about lifting that nasty knee attack that Bryan Fury has in SFxT, the one that looks a bit like a Tiger Knee, but when it hits he drives them down with his knee. There could also be a follow up by pressing D,D+P or K and he'd add a ground pound or a stomp, to show his violent side.

He may need an anti-air special, or he could just have a normal or command normal that has nice priority and could be his go-to anti-air. I say this because I'm having a hard time coming up with an anti-air special that isn't a standard DP-type move, rising knee, or something like that.

His 3 supers should all have very different uses, and I liked most of Iced's ideas for them, especially Driving Up the Stakes (though I think a name change is in order, maybe "Happy Hour" or something like that), where he drinks a beer or takes a hit off of a bottle of liquor and gets trailing after-images or a strength boost, something like that. Suggestions here are welcome, but given Capcom's penchant for doing this themselves, I don't think it would be a bad idea to make one of them an auto-combo type deal, or at least something that uses existing animations from other moves.

Maybe a combination of Iced's other two ideas could work, he does the Bryan Fury knee smash move, drives them down, and then jumps and repels off the wall, doing a huge elbow drop (Giving Up the Ghost is a good name for this, IMO).

Download Last Bout now!
#39  April 25, 2014, 03:36:49 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I think in retrospect after reading how you want this to function, perhaps making it work similar to Lee's "hitman step" might help. Then similar to how you discussed, one could be a sweep/trip move, and the other 2 could function like a high kick/anti-air with the last perhaps having the ability to knock the opponent away/wall bounce.

Being able to cancel out of this into other things would be a pretty good idea just to change up his game when needed. As another idea for an anti air, why not just give him a diagonal haymaker, or a double hook/left-right punch combo. You could even just make that a special where his shoryuken combo can do this move, but maybe light does 1 punch, 2 does the double hook, and 3 does the double hook, ending in the haymaker.
#40  April 25, 2014, 03:42:01 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
Because of traffic accidents (yay for slamming on brakes directly in front of my car for no damned reason!), my payment has been delayed. Still coming for sure, but not this week. Life.

Because I'm preeeeetty sure the sprite set won't be complete in a week anyway, I hope the delay is acceptable.