YesNoOk

Kof 2003 Portrait project (Read 1077577 times)

Started by Melcore, March 11, 2014, 09:11:14 am
Share this topic:
Re: Kof 2003 Portrait project
#41  September 18, 2015, 07:02:27 pm
    • USA
It looks great! How about another expression? I'm only asking for this specifically for him though.

Here is an example from SVC itself how the intros would look. They use multiple expressions. Also would it be difficult to show his eyes?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#42  September 18, 2015, 07:13:32 pm
    • USA
My dreams ofa good Yusuke in mugen were shattered forever.. Sick Port though. If I had to choose one character that I'd like to see above all others It'd be Yun.

KameKaze made a decent Yusuke from the source game.
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#43  September 18, 2015, 09:48:51 pm
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
It looks great! How about another expression? I'm only asking for this specifically for him though.

Here is an example from SVC itself how the intros would look. They use multiple expressions. Also would it be difficult to show his eyes?

:worried2:
#44  September 18, 2015, 10:08:05 pm
    • USA
My dreams ofa good Yusuke in mugen were shattered forever.. Sick Port though. If I had to choose one character that I'd like to see above all others It'd be Yun.

KameKaze made a decent Yusuke from the source game.
Yeah, but not quite what I had in mind. I'm talking a complete sheet with all his moves, transformations etc. (Think sean quality work) If I were to have proper sprites for him my goodness... I know that, that old Yusuke Project died long ago unfortunately. I tried reaching out to the people involved, but no dice.

:worried2:
HAHA! Remember this isn't mandatory. I'm going to start writing up dialogue for him XD.
#45  September 19, 2015, 04:11:23 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Rei, if you wanted to include expressions, then you're better off by sticking with SvC styled portraits instead, given that they are smaller and easier to work with. Expecting other people to just sprite big KOF 2003 portraits in different expressions and everything is too much to ask for.

Shit
#46  September 19, 2015, 04:57:53 pm
    • USA
I'd love to help with that Rei, I just have my hands tied up with several things, I have been working on these portraits and trying to to complete the char that is on my profile, (still in the sprite sheet phase after 4 years of procrastination)
should be getting married soon and I have been doing a lot of overtime at work too...

I wanted to start this project with my main priority in finishing a portrait 2k3 style for every KOF character that officially were playable in all the KOF games and that have been ported to Mugen along with the really great custom edits like Rikard, Khriz and Jess.

perhaps when this project is done, I can assist with your full game, to me, finishing a task like that would be a hell of an accomplishment, I would be honored to have a hand in making a full game of that magnitude.
Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:45:57 pm by Melcore
#47  September 20, 2015, 12:57:16 am
  • la oscuridad me dio lo que la luz me arrebato
    • Chile
    • franqiho@gmail.com
#48  September 20, 2015, 03:20:55 am
    • USA
don't want to already give you more job, but if you ccan put them on a .rar file so we can download them and see if we can make bigger the colection would be cool (in that way we download all with just a few steps instead one by one)

done, posted on the first page in a spoiler.  :mthumbs:

added a few more too that fit well, fixed some shadowing on them too, same for cammy as well, it was like 4am here when i uploaded her, so i missed some things but I feel a little better about her.
Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 03:30:12 am by Melcore
#49  September 20, 2015, 06:19:20 am
  • The Best of Both Worlds
  • SuperStar
hello everybody.
this looks very cool.
i just ask if it only be about svc characters.oops i noticed Kfm portrait has been seen.
so i would contribute with originals like my Rocio? and or comics people like Tintin, DC, Marvel?

#50  September 20, 2015, 08:59:01 am
    • USA
Hmmm, it's like there may have been a kof edit of kfm or something

http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/9164-kof-edit-another-kung-fu-man-by-pizzaman/

He's in the section of ones other people have made, I did not make him, wish I did though, he looks completely accurate.

You are right though, I meant to say in the post before that it was not limited to the kof universe or capcom, I would just like to have them prioritized and completed first, no need to lose sight of the original vision, ya know?

If you want to add your said customs, post away, if they fit in ill add them to the group with your name attached to the image :)

Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 09:10:31 am by Melcore
#51  September 20, 2015, 07:19:46 pm
  • la oscuridad me dio lo que la luz me arrebato
    • Chile
    • franqiho@gmail.com
#52  September 20, 2015, 10:15:17 pm
  • Shit
I'd tell you directly in Spanish, if I was even fluent in the language, so I might as well say it in English. Both of them look very pillow shaded.

Shit
#53  September 21, 2015, 07:40:24 am
    • USA
finished Bison, like just now, hes on the first page.
#54  September 22, 2015, 12:00:14 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
feel free to add mines in there too, including Bison (it just need to be cropped to the real size)
            Zorf Giudecca
#55  September 23, 2015, 02:08:10 am
    • USA
So... after looking at the bison I made, it made me feel like something was wrong (on the left) I wanted him to look sadistic but not over the top sadistic, so I edited him again, you guys think he looks better? (new one on the right)

#56  September 23, 2015, 02:14:07 am
    • USA
So... after looking at the bison I made, it made me feel like something was wrong (on the left) I wanted him to look sadistic but not over the top sadistic, so I edited him again, you guys think he looks better? (new one on the right)

He looks super young.
#57  September 23, 2015, 02:17:36 am
    • USA
you know, you're right, imma jump on that.

also added detail to akuma's hair

#58  September 23, 2015, 02:20:24 am
  • Shit
The left Bison sprite looks better, but I really thing that his face could use some more facial detail, and his jaw could be enlarged to further resemble how square looking and big it looks in other games (including SvC Chaos):

Also, really nice Akuma update.

Shit
#59  September 23, 2015, 03:29:37 am
    • USA
Thanks Motor Roach, positive words from you mean a lot and thanks for the larger jaw and chin perspectives, I kept it the size it was because I didn't want it to be too ridiculous but after seeing these pictures, he just has an unrealistic face lol, so... working on him
#60  September 23, 2015, 03:58:39 am
    • USA
okay, sorry for double post really, sorry, drunk