YesNoOk

Kof 2003 Portrait project (Read 1076554 times)

Started by Melcore, March 11, 2014, 09:11:14 am
Share this topic:
Re: Kof 2003 Portrait project
#581  February 05, 2018, 06:34:59 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
very thanks Melcore...she looks great..and you are good too..
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...

9mb

#582  February 06, 2018, 08:12:07 am
I am Chinese!打倒一切洋奴,慕洋犬和港台毒!
#583  February 07, 2018, 10:05:55 pm
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
im thinking about doing fei long next, which reference should i use?
#584  February 08, 2018, 08:54:37 am
    • USA
Here is an update to Mika by Rikard, my update is on the right.

as always feedback is always welcome.
Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 11:02:39 am by Melcore
#585  February 11, 2018, 07:12:45 pm
The old one has a more feminine look, I think it's the chin and the jaw.
#586  February 13, 2018, 06:25:20 am
    • USA
thanks for that, guess i should have felt more uncomfortable with it and just committed to working on it more.

here is the old (left) compared to the newer edit (right)

#587  February 16, 2018, 06:39:51 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
looks good...and maybe you or somebody would fix the broken links or add all work made by you and others in the thread?
#588  February 17, 2018, 01:10:44 am
  • Palette Maker + 1.1 Stage Conversion Maestro
    • USA
    • xtremeregime.weebly.com
I feel like BLACK's Ice would make for some good portrait practice, too.
#589  February 26, 2018, 03:47:53 am
  • The Best of Both Worlds
  • SuperStar
Hello everybody.
Here 3 I made -Jessica's requested to me,I did by thanks her help with certain mugen code issues - some weeks ago:
Annie Polley

Claudia

Camila

I hope ya like it.

#590  February 26, 2018, 06:56:32 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
..thanks....they look good.....I will think about how add the Annie's portrait made by Melcore...
#591  February 28, 2018, 03:18:32 am
  • A.K.A.: GRAND-DUCHY, IagoLOLandia, 未完成日本語
    • Brazil
1 YEAR LATER...
Well, I pretend to do a complete KOF roster with all those portraits. There are 144 characters (140 are from SNK, only 4 are from other franchises), all of them sorted in teams of 4.

TEAMS: Neo-Geo Heroes; Japan Team; K' Team; Ash's Team; Maximum Impact; Howling Blood; Fatal Fury; Mark of the Wolves; Art of Fighting; Ikari Warriors; Psycho Soldier; Contract Team; Koreans; Women Fighters; Pretty Girls; Outlaw Guys; Comedy Guys; Americans; Isolated Ones; NESTS Agents; Variable Kusanagis; Another FF; Another AoF; Samurai Shodown; Last Blade; Savage Reign; Metal Slug; World Heroes; 3rd-Party Franchises; Traditional Bosses; Bernsteins; Orochi New Faces; NESTS Executives; Those From the Past; WAREZ Clones; Other Bosses.

Credits to SNK, Melcore, eFeX, the MFG community & Myself (Ultimeganius) for all these portraits.
Some characters needs WAY better changes like Soiree (2;6), Keichiro (9;4), Fuuma (10;12) and most ones in the 12th Row.
The only character missing here is Nintendo's Mario (that was converted to KOF by 119way), teamed up with Ryu (Street Fighter), Makoto Mizoguchi (Fighter's History) and Kung Fu Man (MUGEN), forming up the "3rd-party Team".
Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 03:25:50 am by Ultimeganius
#592  March 01, 2018, 12:53:04 am
  • SNK is life
What happened to ASURA though? It's just some badly color reduced artwork, not in-style at all (Last line, 5th from the right)
#593  March 01, 2018, 10:31:02 pm
  • A.K.A.: GRAND-DUCHY, IagoLOLandia, 未完成日本語
    • Brazil
What happened to ASURA though? It's just some badly color reduced artwork, not in-style at all (Last line, 5th from the right)

Some characters I couldn't find. So I decided myself to create them (using the "spliced" and "palette-swap" technique).
Here they are: Soiree Meira (badly edited), Miu Kurosaki, Jun Kagami, Athena Asamiya (XI outfit), Kim Dong Hwan, Kaede, Kim Sue Il (badly edited), Fuuma Kotaro (edited SO bad), Goodman (badly edited), Another Geese Howard (badly edited) & Jin Chonrei (edited SO bad).

Couldn't create Asura and Mario (Nintendo), because I'm so lazy.

Mario is not here.
Asura is here, but NOT in style.
#594  May 26, 2018, 09:37:42 pm
    • USA
I haven't worked on portraits in such a long time.
The way I do them is in several months long bursts then suddenly lose interest or inspiration.
It's been a long time and I've been on the struggle bus for IRL situations that I haven't had the time or comfortablebility to work on them.
This all may change soon.

I will be repairing the first page as soon as I can.
Photobucket pulled a real dick move with that piece of shit policy change... whom ever it was at Photobucket thought to themselves "blocking third party sites is a good idea." If you were to perish in a house fire I would not give a single care.

The completionist in me is telling me to at least finish every KOF character first, then every character in KOF sprite style, all others are for fun after that.

Bear in mind people making frequent requests leave a bad taste in my mouth, you are way more likely to get the portrait you want done if you start the portrait yourself, I can start from almost scratch but I really fucking hate doing it.
 I have completed many portraits that would not have even gotten started if it wasn't for someone else.
To give you guys some insight, I will percrastinate my ass off on a portrait that will probably take 8+ hours to make, especially if it's one I don't even want to do.
Not trying to sound like a dick, just being real with everyone.

I want to also take the time to thank those that visit this topic and check my work out, I know not many follow what goes on here but I'm definitely appreciate the ones that do.

I love doing this when I'm on a roll, I'm not asking for credit but would love it if I'm told when they are being used so I can see that what I make is being useful to someone else.

To anyone that wants to collaborate, I'm always open to that discussion and it almost always gets the creative juices flowing again, please PM me if that's something you are interested in.
#595  May 27, 2018, 09:44:13 am
    • USA
    • Skype - layanorsmind
    • https://www.unitedbygames.net/
I am glad you plan to do the KOF and KOF style characters still. I wish I could help but without a tutorial im not sure I could get even close to what you do.

Do you have a template you start with?
#596  May 27, 2018, 12:06:58 pm
    • USA
Weren’t you doing these for some project? I haven’t seen anyone else use any of these. I use those few you made for me personally, but other than that I use the SVC if possible. Well, eventually I was going to use some of those Capcom edits. I finally finalized this dialogue thing so now I am about to need a grip, so if you do make anything it’ll actually be used if that’ll help motivate you. Other than that, I see no point in you doing something just to do it, if you have no real interest. I tamper with these things for my own personal interests.
#597  May 27, 2018, 09:33:09 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - layanorsmind
These are in many different complications. It is one of the very few portrait sets that has almost every KOF character. You just need to look around at other full games more.
#598  May 27, 2018, 11:32:18 pm
    • USA
Only the ones he did, not the ones SNK did themselves and all the other people whom contributed. Maybe so though, kof is the king of compilations.
#599  May 27, 2018, 11:52:14 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - layanorsmind
The king of compilations. You are exactly right! I am waiting for key characters to get finished for my compilation game still. Otherwise, I would be using them. I do have them all ready to be added in. Having most of your cast with this art and then 6 others with unmatching art make the game look bad.
#600  May 28, 2018, 12:35:19 am
    • USA
which ones are missing?