YesNoOk

MVC to CVS scale sprites Help (Read 8349 times)

Started by YatenKou, March 02, 2018, 05:46:26 am
Share this topic:
MVC to CVS scale sprites Help
#1  March 02, 2018, 05:46:26 am
    • Mexico
Hello im eork in anew char for mugen but i dont know how scale sprites from MVSC to CVS Anithingelse helme please??, thanks :)
Re: MVC to CVS scale sprites Help
#2  June 07, 2018, 01:09:30 pm
    • USA
I actually did not learn this until late late late. You can use two methods.(If you don't mean actual spriting)

The Universal way
In the constant change these values to you get what you want. So you could go 1.1 or 1.01-9, .98 whichever however you find your values.
[Size]
xscale=1
yscale=1

ground.back=17
ground.front=17
air.back=17
air.front=17
height=60
attack.dist=170
proj.attack.dist=90
proj.doscale=0
head.pos=0, -85
mid.pos=0, -58
shadowoffset=0
draw.offset=0, 0

The second manual way, I've never seen anyone ever say.. In the actual animation. I did this with Vega to mix his SFA3 sprites with the CVS set
0, 0, 0, 0, 8,,,0.8,0.8
Those are the x,y values, but you have to do it animation by animation. So this can help if you have sprites that are slightly bigger etc
There may be other ways, but these work for me without having to resize in photoshop or anything.
#3  June 07, 2018, 01:28:31 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
second way he told is mugen 1.1 exclusive,
#4  June 07, 2018, 03:05:34 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Just use size.xscale and size.yscale
#5  June 07, 2018, 03:25:30 pm
    • USA
You don't need 1.1. I don't even use mugen, maybe I'm wrong about this, but I don't even save as 1.1 as I needed to for say using the zoom sctrl.
You have to add those commas, I don't have the explanation as to why as I just accidentally discovered it when I was trying to come up with a way to size the dialogue ports per character. Each comma is like a slot I assume. I'd never seen that method listed anywhere. Another cool thing about the second method, you can get a visual for the sizes you make instantly, it's not perfect, but its how I was able to size up kof sprites with cvs. 
#6  June 07, 2018, 03:47:10 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Fighter Factory doesnt let you use second option without having character level mugenversion=1.1 and you cant use Interpolation unless you are using Ikemen.
Its called Interpolation by the way and we got documents for it here http://www.elecbyte.com/mugendocs-11b1/air.html
#7  June 07, 2018, 03:53:38 pm
    • USA
#8  June 07, 2018, 03:53:55 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Interpolation is in 1.1, but seriously, only use that and scaling for FX. Use size.xscale and size.yscale, don’t be a retard.
#9  June 07, 2018, 03:58:23 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
you can do that by editing air as txt but that doesnt work on 1.0 tho
also going offtopic,but is there any problem with using interpolation to resize sprites Jesuszilla?I never tried and wanna know
Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:01:54 pm by mete122
#10  June 07, 2018, 04:07:40 pm
    • USA
I get you, the first part was off, well you'd never know unless you tried it, maybe it'll help someone. No explanation needed, just don't use it, don't be a retard. Alternatively use what works best for you.
#11  June 08, 2018, 01:10:21 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Scaling your char using .air will most likely make things messed up if he, or a enemy, gets through a custom gethit state that uses ChangeAnim2.

So yeah, it's more suitable to use this method only for FX and stages;
#12  June 08, 2018, 03:27:21 am
    • USA
I know you just wanted to help, and sorry for bumping, but that isn’t fully true. I use it. All in all it’s case specific & how you use it. Example being.. The Run that Shiyo made for Nash, his body shrinks during that animation as it’s smaller than the rest of his sprites. In this instance as I described(for specific sprites), this can work. Making things blend. Rudeness or not all options.  I get what he meant. It’s good to know all to use in conjunction, each has its use.
#13  June 08, 2018, 02:29:24 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
also going offtopic,but is there any problem with using interpolation to resize sprites Jesuszilla?

I think you misunderstood. Interpolation is fine to use if it's for something like an effect (for example, a rotating/scaling hitspark), but to use it to scale a character in the fashion of size.xscale and size.yscale? Very bad idea, for what NDSilva mentioned.