SF3 M.Bison (Read 441907 times)

Started by inktrebuchet, February 22, 2017, 08:03:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: SF3 M.Bison
#41  April 11, 2017, 11:30:03 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
It looks so fluid!!!

Also:
They are definitely my least favorite things to make, better to get them out of the way now.

I do totally agree. I'd suggest you to make another thing; why not making one Get Hit animation, then one attack/basic stuff/etc and combining in action with them? Like this:

Get hit-walk  -get hit-jump  get hit-kick  etc

I swear there was something cool here!!
#42  April 12, 2017, 04:10:32 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Thank you Felo! That's a good suggestion too, kind of like a rewards system. Make a not so fun animation = make fun animation.

These get hit animation sketches are taking more time than expected... a little more fun than expected too.

#43  April 12, 2017, 04:11:27 pm
If only there was a way to speed up spriting while keeping the quality.
#44  April 12, 2017, 04:14:43 pm
    • USA
The best way to do that is to have a team working on the same project. That's a hard thing to do in this community because we are all mainly just fans with a little free time here and there.

Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 10:41:44 pm by ink
#45  April 13, 2017, 04:48:05 pm
    • USA
I'll have to check over this one again, something seems a little off. Can't help but think about how awesome a cape would look with these for secondary animation. Maybe a fun project once the full sets is done.

#46  April 13, 2017, 09:21:31 pm
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
Those are some awesome sketches, ink. Can't wait to see them sprited.  :mthumbs:
#47  April 13, 2017, 11:05:07 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Looks good so far. There is sort of a horizontal squash happening though. Feels like his torso gets smaller and his head/hat gets larger during the face away.
Spriting is hard.
#48  April 14, 2017, 12:47:25 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Curious, because I don't have examples where I am now, but is it common for SF3 sprites to have that body mass-pause with the clothes still flowing?
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#49  April 14, 2017, 03:32:30 am
    • USA
Thanks guys!

I agree Diepod, he does seem to change size a little. I figured I would have to revamp this one.

Hoshi, it does seem to be common in the few animations I referenced. Even Dudley has it, even though his clothing is tight.(his shirt cuffs move slightly.)
Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 03:37:30 am by ink
#50  April 14, 2017, 08:23:07 pm
    • USA
Made some corrections. I think this one is looking a lot better.

Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:38:48 pm by ink
#51  April 15, 2017, 01:23:47 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Looks totally awesome. There's, however something that bugs me/but that's maybe ME). Once he's giving his back AND starting to turn(when he stops), seems to lack one frame for make it even more fluid, but again, maybe it's my impression. Guess it can get better once in game.

Also, do you mind if I make a SMALL fix in his "gauntlets" for make it look more metallic? it's just a subtle lighting, not more.

I swear there was something cool here!!
#52  April 15, 2017, 02:46:23 pm
    • USA
I will look into it, thanks Felo.

You are welcome to mess with the sprites if you like. I should mention that the versions that I am posting are not completely done. They will all be retouched with extra details, that does include the shine/metallic look the armor will have. That's why you don't see some of the colors from the palette in the sprites yet. I've posted the plan below.

The idea is to have different options for palettes, matte or shinny. It doesn't seem super crucial now but it will be a cool touch once I get the full set made.

Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 05:35:58 pm by ink
#53  April 15, 2017, 02:46:43 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
This is my first time seeing this thread today... All these sprites and animations look Amazing.
#54  April 16, 2017, 01:21:37 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
I await the day you finalize his intro frames where he throws his cape away. Sprites look pretty good. :)

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#55  April 16, 2017, 04:26:32 pm
    • USA
That's one of my favorite intros too! I a few different versions of that planned.

So I've been looking over all the effects M.Bison has ever had in both movies and games. I'm so torn on how his effects should look at this point. Is Psycho Power like fire, lightning, energy, rainbowy colors or some mixture of these!? Psycho Power is so different from one appearance to another... look at SvC versus CvS!

What are you guys' thoughts? What your favorite version of Psyco Power? What's your least Favorite?
Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 04:32:46 pm by ink
#56  April 16, 2017, 04:53:08 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
SvC is definitely the most boring iteration.

I would go with some sort of dark wispy mist with little power globules floating off of it. Kind of like a witch's cauldron, but black and purple-ish.
#57  April 17, 2017, 03:20:09 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
I honestly like his fist glow effects he had in the alpha games. Prob not as fancy, but I thought it looked cool. Maybe some sort of variation of Alpha, and CvS? style

Yea, SvC (chaos) WAS the most boring iteration.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#58  April 18, 2017, 03:36:14 pm
    • USA
Thanks for your thoughts guys. I thought there would be more opinions on his effects.

I've put a few ideas together here for his hands, I think I'll probably go with 1 and 3. His other effects will be a little more tricky to come up with.

Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 04:55:52 pm by ink
#59  April 18, 2017, 04:45:46 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
2 looks like it'd be tedious to reproduce at different angles, honestly (even if visually appealing).  I do like 3, seems to balance simple and visual appeal nicely.
This is a generic forum signature.
#60  April 18, 2017, 04:48:49 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru

No.1 is too simple, No.2 would be good with better quality and transperency, which dosn't fits into SF3 style, sooo... No.3 only!
P.S.: man, that Bison is gorgeous! Just keep it up!