YesNoOk

SF3 M.Bison (Read 441813 times)

Started by inktrebuchet, February 22, 2017, 08:03:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: SF3 M.Bison
#61  April 18, 2017, 06:47:21 pm
Number 2 for me, it seems like the right choice, although I agree with the others about the amount of time and effort being bigger to make it look right.
#62  April 18, 2017, 07:30:12 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
#1 Too boring. Probably matches Alpha style TOO much.

So yea, I like #3.  I imagine it would look interesting on other angles too. :

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#63  April 18, 2017, 07:31:43 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Personally, I like the third one.
#64  April 18, 2017, 08:34:49 pm
  • Raging Fist
Personally a combo of the second and third ones would make this fantastic looking!
#65  April 18, 2017, 08:53:06 pm
2 looks too much like CvS, in color and arrangement.
I like 3 best.
#66  April 18, 2017, 10:45:18 pm
Ever seen the SF3 effects like the flames and the hadoukens? I don't see number 2 as a CvS effect...
#67  April 18, 2017, 11:48:47 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
2 and 3 are pretty OK to me.
2 would fit for SF3 style. No problem with that, but it will be a pain in the ass to make all of them!

I would recommand 3 for "simplicity" and good effect ingame! :)
#68  April 19, 2017, 01:03:08 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
3 has my preference as well.
Question though; will each attacking frame have 1 frame of accompanying fx, or will some frames of Bison have multiple frames of fx to loop through? Like when his arms is outstretched. Or will the fx flicker on and off on each frame?
#69  April 19, 2017, 02:18:33 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Thanks for your opinions!

Balthazar, I think I understand your question. My plan is to have these effects separate from his sprites, that way I can use more frames to make the effects fluid with his movements. Plus, that will allow the effects to be switch out easily if a patch or multiple effects are made.

I am thinking the effects on his hands will move around similar to SvC but much more fluid. I imagine during a punch the effects will stretch from the starting point to the point his arm is outstretched; then frames to allow the effects to catch back up and come to a rest.
#70  April 20, 2017, 07:22:13 pm
    • USA
Messed with this one today. I liked the idea of updating it a little.
#71  April 21, 2017, 02:57:42 pm
  • SNK is life
I love how fluid it is, I'm just not convinced with the way his left foot (viewer's right) pivots as his entire body moves. I tried this move in real life, and the weight is on the ground via the foot's plant, not the heel, so it shouldn't move like that, but maybe only the front tip would switch the weight to the outer part of the foot's arch.

Dunno man, it's awesome, but that foot rubs me the wrong way :P
#72  April 26, 2017, 06:09:04 pm
    • USA
Thanks Walt. I agree, I can't do that movement either. It is however referenced from a similar animation done in SF3, not that it matters. I think I will put that one on the back burner and try to concentrate on making his normal movements, I can always make new unique ones later.

Here's a little progress from today. Hopefully I will find more time to work on this project soon! Currently I just get a few minutes every once and a while between work. I'm sure no one's too crazy about seeing Get-Hit animations...

#73  April 26, 2017, 06:14:22 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Probably me who feels this way, but the motion makes me think of a metal rocker guy doing an exaggerated head bang motion. Which is kind of funny in a way.

On-topic, I love how clean the lines look. Are you going to increase the size of his hands (even if marginally)? I don't remember seeing hands that small in SF3 games, but then again, I'm not entirely sure about that.
This is a generic forum signature.
#74  April 26, 2017, 06:24:58 pm
    • USA
I believe the fingers are the correct size currently. I think once I clean up all the sprites they will look much better, there's a lot of unneeded anti-alias in the fingers. I will triple check though!
#75  April 26, 2017, 06:26:00 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I believe the fingers are the correct size currently. I think once I clean up all the sprites they will look much better, there's a lot of unneeded anti-alias in the fingers. I will triple check though!

I see. Its shaping up really well, so I can't wait to see how the final result will look. : ]
This is a generic forum signature.
#76  April 26, 2017, 10:39:17 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
That gethit is lovely.  Fluid, constant motion and exactly what I was hoping you'd do with it.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#77  April 27, 2017, 05:37:49 pm
    • USA
Thank you.

Needs a good bit of touch ups but it's coming together. I wish I could display these with the correct aspect ratio, the sprites look so much different when corrected!

-EDIT-
Made some changes.
>>>>>>
Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 09:10:31 pm by ink
#78  April 27, 2017, 09:43:59 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
I think the torso should project shadows over the legs, you kinda lose the body mass of it because of that.
As always amazing animation ink.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#79  April 27, 2017, 10:05:22 pm
    • Brazil
    • silveirademeira.jonathan@gmail.com
Awesome job
http://i.imgur.com/cAR2Vi8.gif
Your signature is too large, please read the forum rules.
#80  April 27, 2017, 10:37:31 pm
    • USA
Thanks!

There will definitely be a shadow added to his legs, it's in the first frame, I always add that later because it's a different shade.