YesNoOk

Silvy Garnet? (Read 188431 times)

Started by Pin, March 02, 2018, 04:34:48 pm
Share this topic:

Pin

Silvy Garnet?
#1  March 02, 2018, 04:34:48 pm
  • wha? p-p-purple stars? how!?
Well since i've been experiencing some spriting so far. Id like to improve more by learning the animations by starting for this character. And contribute in here as well.:)
Here's some couple of animations that i've been tried:

Well she's going to have a 6 button gameplay and at the same time it will be more custom but expect that her gameplay will be the same.
I will do my best as i can to improve. Thanks.
Re: Silvy Garnet?
#2  March 02, 2018, 05:31:59 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Great project !
I hope she will have some diversity in her normal attacks!
Her 4 button version was already very repetive, with almost similat normal punches and kicks.

IMO, the design is good, just continue this way!
#3  March 03, 2018, 03:44:12 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Now this has got me excited. Silvy's one of my favorite Kula edits in Mugen, so I'm definitely eager to see where this goes. Progress is looking absolutely crispy, too!
#4  March 03, 2018, 08:57:18 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Fantastic animations done so far. They feel so smooth and lively that she feels like an official CvS character.

Are you intending to rework on her moveset by any chance? Because from what I've seen in her KOF Mugen version, a lot of her special moves and DMs were just borrowed from other KOF characters that didn't really feel like it made sense for her.

Shit
#5  March 04, 2018, 05:34:03 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Those sprites are priceless... I don't know what to do but to cry of Joy, truly... Inspiring.
#6  March 04, 2018, 08:09:21 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Wow, Pin. It's really cool to see how much you have progressed.
The animation looks fluid, and the quality looks official. Sure you did not work for Capcom at the end of the 90's?
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#7  March 07, 2018, 10:34:28 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
I'll look forward for your amazing work Pin!
This is fate.

Pin

#8  May 23, 2018, 09:50:59 am
Thanks guys!. Altrough since i haven't replied some of your questions out there. I'll try to manage it and improve my skills as a spriter. I'll try my best as possible!.

Well heres some movements ive done yet before things to be more ready.

#9  May 24, 2018, 12:50:48 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Super smooth and fluid animations as usual. Like I've said previously, the quality in here looks very official.

Shit

DW

#10  May 25, 2018, 06:05:20 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Overall it does look nice. I don't know who this is, but good work. However, for her run, her hair is very stiff. Also, I want to note that CvS used very little motion blur on their sprites. The only chars I could think of that used it were Vice, Benimaru, Yamazaki, and Kim? And that's only on a few of their special attacks. Keep it in mind.

lui

#11  May 26, 2018, 06:16:18 pm
    • USA
I believe she is an original mugen character
#12  May 26, 2018, 06:21:37 pm
She is

Pin

#13  September 05, 2022, 01:50:55 pm
Hello, quite a necrobump here(just a years old joke lol).
but i'm here to give an update for this character current progress.
it's been a year that i haven't posted to show progress but behind of it, i'm certainly working on some, abeit fewer through years...
there are times in my experience that are things are becoming out of my hand when certain things come occur. there are times that i get
rusted on my skills but i'm certainly trying to get back on it as possible.

ok let's go to the point now:
uh, upon the slow years on progress, i've finally managed to done her general stuff; movements, gethits, and some of her additional instances
mostly used by the darkstalker characters.
i can't show all of them in one atm. but here's instead for all of her normal attacks that are finished so far to give atleast a teaser for the progress:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

the smear animations are in a subject of change. not sure it'll be used often or not too much i guess so i'll be reading some feedbacks for that decision in the future
i won't gonna be talk too much details for now to keep them on the newer progress later on.
but here's these for now to trying to prove that im still working for this character as i possibly can. i'll do what i can to finish her for sure.
and slowly going back for this scene hopefully soon.
thanks for understanding and have a great day.
#14  September 05, 2022, 02:35:30 pm
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
Godspeed, man. Here's to the continuing progress of CVS style Silvy Garnet!
#15  September 05, 2022, 04:57:27 pm
    • Argentina
Has it been 4 years? It felt like you posted this yesterday... Anyway, the animations look so smooth. I really like the attention to detail each one of the animation has, specially the last one!
#16  September 05, 2022, 05:36:50 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
4 years ! Yes time runs!
I remember this project, and I'm really glad you managed to give her custom normal moves and other animations.
The result is absolutely gorgeous.

Everything looks smooth and perfect...

I'm curious about your spriting technique...
Do you have some unfinished sprites to show or some saved WIP steps ?
#17  September 05, 2022, 06:47:26 pm
Nice work!
You very much still got it. :)
#18  September 05, 2022, 07:26:47 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Such eye candy. Even the palette is nice.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#19  September 07, 2022, 08:39:02 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
All this is eye-gasmic, Pin!! Why instead of showing animated GIFs (where certain people can extract the frames from and do "their" character) don't you show short videos of her?

Keep rocking!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#20  September 12, 2022, 07:35:59 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
On the topic of the smearing, I do believe DW is correct here:
Also, I want to note that CvS used very little motion blur on their sprites. The only chars I could think of that used it were Vice, Benimaru, Yamazaki, and Kim? And that's only on a few of their special attacks. Keep it in mind.
It makes the animations feel less like they come out of CvS, especially with how often it's utilized. Nothing necessarily wrong with it, but it doesn't quite scream "CvS" to me. Reminds me more of like Melty Blood.
Was the decision made perhaps due to how often KOF also uses smearing? Just a guess, I don't know a lot.

Still, absolutely top notch work, and I won't shy away from checking in every once in a blue moon.