YesNoOk

Spritesheet Expansion Thread (Read 1493319 times)

Started by Graphicus, September 18, 2011, 07:17:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Character Upgrade Thread
#21  December 27, 2012, 08:27:13 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I'm not sure I know the differences between the two?? Send me his stance and I will see what can be done!
#22  December 27, 2012, 08:45:21 pm
  • SEIYAA!
    • Sweden
    • artbyjiggeh.tumblr.com
I just captured a bunch of video/pics of Cammy in AE to use for reference for new sprites... she's my favourite character so I figured why the hell not. Will probably primarily focus on normal attacks and stuff that's plain missing in older versions, but I could see myself making sprites for some animations that look different in SF4 like her crouch or dashes or whatever.

I'm planning on doing the sprites in typical SFZ style in her Shadaloo outfit essentially for compatibility's sake, but if there's an edited set of sprites of her in the Delta Red outfit that I'm not aware of (or if it'd be requested for other reasons) I guess I could do Delta Red versions too.
#23  December 27, 2012, 08:54:28 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#24  December 27, 2012, 09:03:41 pm
    • USA
WOW!! I never realized it was that different. Turns out his CFE sprites are the ones I have already started working on. DS sprites look awesome playing through super smooth, I think you will like.
#25  December 27, 2012, 09:07:35 pm
  • SNK is life
I see a lot of the regulars in that CFJ Rips List. Did they do something else to the sprites?

Urien's color count was reduced and cleaned into a more reasonable and manageable number ... but what about Rose/Sakura/Ryu/Akuma
#26  December 27, 2012, 09:16:13 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I know Guy got a new stance. I took a quick look at the other DS chars and didn't notice anything but it wasn't a side by side comparison.

@ink: awesome I can't wait to see them!
#27  December 27, 2012, 10:13:30 pm
  • SEIYAA!
    • Sweden
    • artbyjiggeh.tumblr.com
Zangief was scaled down to CVS resolution and his head was redrawn. He also got a new kind of bizarre idle stance.
As noted Guy has a new idle stance as well, but AFAIK his sprites are still in CPS resolution.

Judging from the previews on that page Sakura and Guile seem to have some kind of double resolution deal going on (like Dan in CVS), but I have no idea why, or what (if anything) was added. It's possible that it was done only to accommodate for entirely new sprites added (Midnight Bliss etc) with no actual changes to the existing sprites outside of rescaling them, but I'm not sure.

edit: Yeah, upon closer inspection I'm pretty sure the latter is correct. Guile and Sakura's MB sprites are drawn in CVS resolution for some reason, so those sprites are stored in 2x width, while the old sprites are like 1.75x wide, so all sprites can be scaled by the same factor and still look consistent. That doesn't of course rule out that they didn't have subtle changes made to them as well, but there's nothing I'm aware of.
Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 10:26:13 pm by Jigsaw
Re: Spritesheet Expansion Thread
#28  December 28, 2012, 07:47:12 am
    • USA
Most won't get why but its done! 24 frames of fun guaranteed to make your Demitri standout from the pack! Frame number is just doubled from the original animation so it should run at the same amount of ticks has normal but look way smoother. I'm sure it will be hard to see all the work I actually put into this... Enjoy
#29  December 28, 2012, 07:53:28 am
That's very nice.
#30  December 28, 2012, 12:42:27 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Wow, you can really tell in the cape! It's so smooth!!! O_O
#31  December 28, 2012, 01:53:50 pm
    • USA
Yeah, you can tell A LOT more in game when its next to the original running at the right speed. Hopefully it will be used by someone!
#32  December 28, 2012, 06:05:55 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Do you mind if I start compiling this stuff in the first post? Just so newcomers can get an idea of what they'll see throughout this thread.
#33  December 28, 2012, 06:52:44 pm
    • USA
Go for it man. I think that will be the best way to organize things for now.
#34  December 28, 2012, 06:59:47 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
In my defense, He is by far the hardest character to sprite with out frankenspriting new frames.

Spriting is hard.
#35  December 28, 2012, 07:01:46 pm
    • USA
Different Hues, skin patterns everywhere, those spikes AND Tail. I agree with you. but that animation looks fluid, thanks for the effort you put into it!
#36  December 28, 2012, 07:03:38 pm
    • USA
Looks great! All those patterns and spikes... no way would I want to play with that.
#37  December 28, 2012, 07:04:51 pm
Demitri
Urien
Guy
Zangief

Pyron got a slight tweak to his idle stance. A second stream of energy can be seen spewing from his upper body in a different color.

Also, is there anywhere that I can find CFJ common effects like super sparks, hit sparks, guard break, etc.? The set that Infinity Mugen provides only has hit sparks.
#38  December 28, 2012, 07:09:20 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
http://www.justnopoint.com/mugen/rips/darkstalkers/Demitri.rar

I'm going to send this to AOKmaniac as well and see if he'll mind updating his rips on his site with this.
This is his CFE rips. I added your standing animation with axis, I added the missing midnight bliss from Vampire Savior, and I corrected the messed up colors/sprites that was here and there in the pack. I added new info to the readme and axis. I also flipped all of Demitri's sprites that AOK had ripped since they were facing player 1.

I think this should be the most complete and accurate Demitri pack there is right now. I would like it if someone would take a look and see if anything else from the DS series was missing from CFE besides the Midnight Bliss

Until I got sidetracked by project Dee I was working on some Demitri edits as well from SVC
http://www.justnopoint.com/mugen/rips/darkstalkers/svc.png

Also added new sprites to SFA Ryu

I intend to rerip SFA3/MVC2 Ryu with a different palette since both me and Kong were retards and ripped him with player 1 colors which share the white in his gi and eyes.

Anyone can update my sprites. I'm still getting back into editing after 6 years or so of not doing it so they're not really that great. Just passable =p

Ryu burned was commissioned by me from Balthazar

I'm also editing his F+HP from SF3 and his Shinku Hadoken anim from SF3 (where his gi blows out)

#39  December 28, 2012, 07:14:03 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
While I'm here.

Close Medium punch

New standing Medium kick

Spriting is hard.
#40  December 28, 2012, 07:28:01 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic