YesNoOk

The CS Discussion Thread (Read 1856606 times)

Started by Froz, August 14, 2013, 06:40:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: The CS Discussion Thread
#21  August 22, 2013, 03:59:21 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Doesn't Cammy have a unique hair color? That would probably explain one of the extra colors, if in fact Juli's hair is all made up of skin tones.

That´s true but still in most cases where the char uses skin tones for the hair, they use the last 3 or 4 skin tones plus darkest shades. It should have 6 tones as much. I know POTS reduced a couple of tones in some parts while separating the character for the sake of practicity cause in many cases there are "mysterious" tones that appear in 2 or 3 sprites and adding 3 tones cause of that... ain´t worth it IMO.

Chilling
#22  August 22, 2013, 04:05:16 am
    • USA
Y'know, scratch what I said. I gonna use this thing till the fucking screen comes off. If it gets fixed or I get a new one soon, it would help, but I'm just going have to deal with it till them. So send the sprites that Divine's using so I may help, Froz.

I'll give an update sometime tomorrow, don't worry too much about it. If you can't get to it, it's no big of a deal; it is a hobby after all.

uh whats her tie supposed to be changed to?

Nothing, Divine specified to separate the gauntlets, eyes, iris, and the legs.

But I'm still revising the separation, so it'll probably be added to template as well.
#23  August 22, 2013, 04:26:34 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
That´s true but still in most cases where the char uses skin tones for the hair, they use the last 3 or 4 skin tones plus darkest shades.
Eh, I've seen people who use all skin shades often enough.
#24  August 22, 2013, 04:31:25 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
you didn´t...
Chilling
#25  August 22, 2013, 04:36:00 am
    • USA
I have! Guile and Chun-Li, off the top off my head.

also by people I meant characters, not people who have color separated a character, sorry
#26  August 22, 2013, 04:53:34 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
You used 5 for Chun-Li´s hair when she has 7 for the skin. That´s what I´m trying to say, some weird skin tones appear at times. With Guile is okay since his hair is really complex. I don´t know man, I´ll go for practicity.

also by people I meant characters, not people who have color separated a character, sorry

oh ok.

Chilling
#27  August 22, 2013, 04:55:07 am
    • USA
Oh whoops, I thought Chun used everything, and the rest appeared in that one frame where she's all lit up when doing Kikoken. My bad.

Also, screw practicality, the baseline should be that a color separated sprite should be able to be turned back to the original with only a palette! >:[
#28  August 22, 2013, 05:45:26 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Y'know, scratch what I said. I gonna use this thing till the fucking screen comes off. If it gets fixed or I get a new one soon, it would help, but I'm just going have to deal with it till them. So send the sprites that Divine's using so I may help, Froz.

I'll give an update sometime tomorrow, don't worry too much about it. If you can't get to it, it's no big of a deal; it is a hobby after all.

Ah, okay. The whole situation just took me by surprise. I just said that because my family doesn't really like the way I constantly use my laptop over other things. That's another story.

#29  August 23, 2013, 03:48:48 am
    • USA
Ok, here's the updated preview:

The blue slots are Juli's hair, the pink are for the dolls' back (can be dropped out).

And here are the defaults:

Anymore suggestions?

DW

#30  August 24, 2013, 03:21:26 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Their back, as in when they do the sexy back pose, showing their back? I don't think that necessary imo. That spot is supposed to be bare backed/share colors with her skin. There's not many sprites that show their back either, which I suppose it wouldn't be a problem either way. But don't worry about it. You can drop that. Everything is looking great.
#31  August 24, 2013, 03:27:08 am
    • USA
I mean, if it's only in a few sprites, it'd be really easy to include. So why not? :P

DW

#32  August 24, 2013, 03:29:58 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
But it's supposed to be bare backed... :-\ Though, yeah it can go either way. I personally don't know. It's not very many sprites, but I don't know if the process of CSing is easy or not. If they want to, it's fine with me. I'm just saying it's pretty superfluous though.
#33  August 24, 2013, 03:33:24 am
    • USA
But it can be made into bare backed palettes or full backed ones!!!

DW

#34  August 24, 2013, 03:36:27 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Touche'... You got me there. Hadn't really thought about full suit(back unexposed) pals. That'd be pretty cool.
#35  November 17, 2013, 12:17:12 am
    • USA
Aaand Juli's CS is done, and so's Demitri's (save for some errors I have made that I still need to fix).

I decided to pick up a project I promised to do a year ago, but there was just too much separation; there's still a lot left, but it now seems more basic:

Spoiler: Yoko Littner (click to see content)

Every slot was used to make this separation, so making a palette might sound exhausting.  :-\

Any suggestions on losing some separation?
#36  November 17, 2013, 12:21:38 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Interesting, so, a patch for Waru's Yoko right?
Making a pal for her should be some good training

#37  November 17, 2013, 12:23:28 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
IMO, that looks amazing as is.
The work may be extensive but making a group of palettes for her looks to be very fun if not anything.
#38  November 17, 2013, 12:36:36 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
That looks like it's gonna be fun and hell at the same time.

Making palettes should be a blast as well, so I say keep it as is it.

Speaking of which, is it okay if I post a possible project for discussion?
#39  November 17, 2013, 12:48:27 am
    • USA
It's not the separation that's hard (I'm already half way through) It's the palette-making that's been tough, especially if you don't any ideas for a palette. :(

About posting a project, sure.
#40  November 17, 2013, 01:24:19 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Ah, I see. I think a lot of good palettes will come out of it. We'll just have to see.

Also, since it's okay:

Meet the self proclaimed God of Muay Thai, Adon. I wanted his separation to kinda like Sagat's, so I separated the tape parts of his hands and feet separately. The only thing that I'm gonna need help with is separating his effects from his sprites. Should I change it so that the smaller parts are separated instead?