YesNoOk

T_N's long and rocky road (Read 197226 times)

Started by The_None, November 15, 2015, 02:25:36 pm
Re: T_N's long and rocky road
#21  August 07, 2016, 08:59:43 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Hey that's pretty good. I think the pelvis is fine, my only gripes are the head/torso position. Maybe lowering them would work?

Like so:

EDIT: Whoops, didn't notice the "didn't add the stretch because unfinished portion", oh well, I added for you anyways.

EDIT 2: Forgot to say, but it seems I forgot to apply the same movement I put for the head and torso in frame 6 to the belt. Me and my brain. >_<
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 09:06:14 pm by Hatter
#22  August 09, 2016, 10:26:30 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends/
I'll go back to the Galford-ish kick later (and I have a feeling I may end up redoing lots of animations I'd do), for now....
Spoiler: had to spoiler the gifs as I have a feeling the page is about to have lots of the gifs (click to see content)
That's actually my second-esque attempt at doing a crouching jab as the first time had comically small range. While I used to have my doubts on the range of some of the attacks I did so far I did eventually compare them to say, CVS Kyo's light punches and realized the ranges were actually sorta comparable, so who knows. Still, some would find the lower body movement to be funny but what else I can do with the crouching stance I chose?
Spoiler: A silly (maybe it's just me) lookin' LP->LK->LP->HK aerial rave which I tried to base a bit off on Thanos's aerial basics. (click to see content)

And now for a more involved animation: a silly little roundhouse kick which for now would be planned as the far version of the standing light kick unless I may change my mind. It took some time to nail the side views right and part of me feels like there might be room for improvement, unless that's just the usual me.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Things are probably shaping up fabously (this will be a sweep btw)

Just went back and revised the hitting pose of that kick. (Which I have a feeling I may end up doing a close hard kick rather than the "far" variant)
Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 12:43:19 pm by The_None
#23  October 15, 2016, 07:59:15 pm
I hope nobody would mind that I bumped up my topic because no one else have replied, perhaps at least when I'd get enough things done (which is easier said than done given my incosistent motivation) I'd consider making a sprite projects thread regarding Dink, for now here's a bunch of GIFs I've bothered to do since the last time I posted in this thread:

Spoiler: Idle breathing. Forgot to crop the gif there (click to see content)
Spoiler: Collapse animation (click to see content)
Spoiler: Standing Far Hard Punch (click to see content)
Spoiler: Fireball throw (click to see content)
Spoiler: Crouching hard punch (click to see content)
Spoiler: Standing Close hard punch. Htibox magic will be involved (click to see content)
Spoiler: Jump hard slash (click to see content)
Spoiler: Dink's Knockdown Attack. Yes, THAT move will return in some form (click to see content)
Spoiler: Bow Super (click to see content)
#24  October 15, 2016, 08:11:19 pm
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
That looks awesome! Can't wait!
Spriting is harder than I thought.
#25  October 15, 2016, 09:01:00 pm
You can bump your topic if you have new stuff to show.

Speaking of which, it's great!
When he shoots the arrow, his face should look more to the right/at the enemy, unless it's for comedy.
About the close s.SP, is the hitbox going to be bigger or are you going to add a magic effect? I feel you meant the former, but having a magic attack as a strong punch wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion.
#26  October 17, 2016, 12:42:16 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
From the fact that Dink is kind of a joke character in his respective game, I'd say the face in the arrow animation was meant for comedic effect.

I just wanted to drop by and say that those animations look fabulous. I really love watching you progress, and can't wait to see this come to fruition. Keep up the great work man. ;)
This is a generic forum signature.
#27  October 17, 2016, 09:06:04 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Yeah man this batch of animations is surely the nicest one as of yet :)
#28  October 26, 2016, 12:06:25 am
About the close s.SP, is the hitbox going to be bigger or are you going to add a magic effect? I feel you meant the former, but having a magic attack as a strong punch wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion.

Well, I can say about that anim is that the Van Damme Street Fighter of all things crossed my mind when I was doing that animation, particularly that part when Guile flips off Bison on TV, and if I would feel like it I wouldn't mind having a closeup of Dink's biceps (tatoo not included) pop up when Dink would defeat his opponent with that move.

Speaking of magic of any sorts, his source game includes a wearable "weapon" in the form of Herb Boots, wearing which boosts up Dink's speed, both his movement velocities and animation speed (including his fist attack). I'll be already referencing this item by having his "run" animation being essentially the walking animation sped up (and his boots being colored blue). I was also thinking of giving him some kind of rekka that would also involve the magic boots, like the first part being a simple kick (with angle dependant on the button strength, LK kicking to the shin and hittling low and HK hitting mid and having more range than the LK) and the second part having him taking a step forward and kicking with another leg. The thing is that I did this forward command normal:
Spoiler: tentiative F+LK command normal (click to see content)
That may render that special move idea sort of redundant, unless I'd decide to retool this command move into some kind of overhead axe kick to make room for this sort of special. So far the planned movelists would look like this:
Spoiler: tentiative movelist (click to see content)

Dissapointingly for much of the week I didn't get myself to do much progress, so here's an animation for the Magic Rain cast super that embarrasingly enough took me much longer than it should have (including all of the time I've procastinated while trying to do this one). Hopefully I can get myself back on track soon because I'm really not sure how much of my time is really left.
Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 08:57:49 pm by The_None
#29  October 26, 2016, 02:25:06 am
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
He definitely needs to shoot em' the bird.
Spriting is harder than I thought.
#30  November 03, 2016, 09:58:10 pm
Another animation that took me longer than I wished it could take (procastination be damned), this is for the "Bust" Lv.2+ super where a duckling would come out of Dink's backpack as he whips out and supported by Dink's arm acting as a sort of airfield (which would of course stay for a bit longer than how the gif makes it out to be) as it would take off to summon the infamous giant Mallard JPEG once it flies offscreen.
Spoiler: Bust Lv.2+ (click to see content)
Here's also the Rising Knee'n'Kick special. The rising knee I actually animated around two months ago but the kick part I took on yesterday. It marks as one of the first times I went on using one of these posing tools to pose a doll model and use what I've arranged as something to base a frame on (not quite completely accurately as I was too lazy to try exactly recreating the Doll's proportions to be similar to the ones the character has, which doesn't help that the program in question is a trial version with no ability to save poses/models, only images. Mostly trying to follow the pose for the lower body in this case). The "hit" pose served as a key frame I started the axe kick animation on and went on from the frame in both directions. I dunno if one of the legs wouldn't look too jarring compared to the rest of the animation but you'll be the judge I'd guess.
Spoiler: Rising Double (click to see content)
#31  November 03, 2016, 10:50:16 pm
    • Netherlands
hah, Dink's got the moves for sure!
Suggesting a 'falls on butt' ender of the kick follow-up to his knee attack, in case it's blocked. Go full joke character!
#32  November 04, 2016, 05:33:53 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Wow, this is really well done.
I hardly understand how it's animated (spriter pro or something)
But it looks awesome, the idea reminds me of Rumble Fish sprite segments
#33  November 05, 2016, 12:20:53 am
This is all done with the magic of Paint Shop Pro 7's vector capabilities. As this isn't quite an animation program per se, I pretty much did it frame by frame per file with no generated inbetweening to rely on. Still, being able to reuse the vectors from other frames as well as edit the vectors themselves when I see fit (from doing subtle edits to the face vector for facial expressions to tweaking the body vectors to get an angle I haven't portrayed in a frame before) among a number things proved to be more than useful, even if my ocasional artistic deficencies would get into the way, maybe it's just me tho'. Maybe one day I'll explain it better in words.

The kick follow-up would lift Dink a bit as he delivers the kick so it's not like it would be possible for fail a proper landing for this. That being said...
Spoiler: WEEEEE (click to see content)
That move is definately coming back as an air command normal. Also went for using a posing tool to base the frame on, we'll see how jarring this would look like proportions-wise when stacked against his other sprites, maybe it's just me tho'.
Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 12:24:09 am by The_None
#34  November 05, 2016, 12:41:21 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Thanks, I thing I got it.
I never really used vectors.
So this gives you possibility to rotate and deform your body limbs without Quality/color loss.
#35  November 14, 2016, 08:32:54 pm
Sort of like that, yeah.

After yet another unfortunate bit of procastination, I went ahead and did this:
Ignore the sword getting cut off at the top of the gif as I was too stupid to reposition the vectors in the canvas to be at around the bottom rather than the center (when I'd get around actually getting to the "clean and shade the sprites" phase I'll deal with the problem). For the final pose I tried following the pose held by Luke Skywalker in the poster of A New Hope, but I sort of mucked that up as usual. For the sword basic attacks I'll also be reusing the first frames of that animation in reverse so he'd seathe his sword back into the back after ground sword basic attacks (he'll regain control as soon as he'd start seathing, just that simply letting him completely tucking the sword back to his backpack would grant him a little bit of powerbar boost, sort of like how letting Vergil sheath his sword kicks up the Style meter a bit)
#36  November 14, 2016, 11:14:55 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I don't know how I have missed so much in this thread!

These animations are looking really great, much smoother than most. Really nice, I cant wait to see your next ones.
#37  November 17, 2016, 10:05:56 pm
So here I was doing the first part of a kick rekka I've considered for the bust groove. I actually did two variants of the first kick that varies with an angle (therefore range and guard level) depending on the button used in the command e.g. QCF+LK starts a rekka with a low kick while QCF+MK is a mid-kick, both of which is seen in the gif. Whenever I'd do a similar variable for the second kick time would tell if I can come up with anything else other than 'take a step with the extended leg and roundhouse mid kick with another leg' I've considered for the second kick. Whenever some magic fairy dust would come out of the feet as he'd hit with the move, that's still in the consideration.

Just did the second part of the Rekka, have a gif below with the QCF+LK->QCF+K

I also just did the silly little overhead F+LP command normal
Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 05:49:45 pm by The_None
#38  November 26, 2016, 04:29:22 pm
Another bump due to the lack of responses.

On one hand, I am almost done with one of the movesets that I would soon proceed to start cleaning up the sprites, attempt shading them and code one of the two movesets, but on the other hand my motivation still remains incosistent, with the animation below taking me around 5 days to do (including two days I ended up not making any progress at all), so personally I doubt I'd get a public beta ready for around this year's chirstmas, that's just my bad luck with productivity I'd guess. At least there may be a chance that I'd get one half if not the entire character done around early 2017, especially if I'd end up steping up my productivity.

Whatever the case, here's the anim I did recently.
#39  November 27, 2016, 07:05:23 am
  • What is life without tacos?
    • USA
    • catanesetyler@gmail.com
I'm really loving the progress on Dink Smallwood so far, you;re spriting skills is incredible. Can't wait to see a demo video of how he'll play.
#40  November 27, 2016, 09:24:17 am
    • Netherlands
I hope the clean-up of the sprites will go easy. And those animations keep getting better! They have some weight to their movements. Good luck, mate.