YesNoOk

Z2 style Neko Majin Z & Arale Norimaki (Read 250223 times)

Started by Alpha Proto, June 12, 2017, 04:25:41 am
Share this topic:
Z2 style Neko Majin Z & Arale Norimaki
#1  June 12, 2017, 04:25:41 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
I am a fan of obscure characters. I like bringing these characters into the mainstream, and later complaining about how the characters are over exposed.  :P

I originally wanted to make these characters in secret so no one could get disappointed if I didn't complete them.
I had very little experience with the Z2 style, animating sprites, and have never finished a MUGEN character.
Balthazar suggested that I post in the Z2 style thread. After spending months in the thread I have learned a lot, and gotten great feedback on these characters.  I feel like I am starting to spam the Z2 style sprite thread. So I decided to make a topic for my Neko Majin Z, and Arale.

I have been bouncing back and forth between these characters so they are going to share a topic.

Since these characters are early in conception I just want to start with their mobility, and reaction animations.
This is also a fail safe incase I can not continue the characters, and someone wants to pick up where I left off.
Then they will only have to deal with coming up with cool moves. Pretty much all the fun stuff.

Neko Majin Z
I really enjoy the mangas this character was featured in. He has a great design, and I would love to play him in a fighting game.

He is a bit difficult to make animations for because he has only been featured in one game DBZ Super Sonic Warriors 2 (JP only) as a secret character. He's also only been featured in about 6 manga chapters so I am comboing him a bit with the other Neko Majin to compensate for lack of source material.

While I have little to reference in terms of previous animations, and moves it frees me up to do whatever I want with the character.
Maybe throw in a skullo-dream that ends with his back turned flashing the Z on his gi. Stuff like that.
I was planing on having him play a lot like HDBZ's Goku. Kind of like Sean to Ken, but I am leaning towards making him fight like SF3's Oro, Marvel's Wolverine, Dark Stalker's Felica, and HDBZ's Goku.

NEW animation
Blocking high attack, and reacting to hit.

Thanks to zero for doing the lighting and shading on this Portrait ^_^

Works In Progress
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arale
This character has a lot of reference to draw from. The main two sources being her sprites from one of the Shonen Jump games, and her appearance in DBZ Tenkai Ichi 3. A friend made a UMVC3 style move list for her.  http://warriorsedge.deviantart.com/art/LMH-Movelists-Arale-Norimaki-653033046
My main inspirations for the character animations, and moves are MVC Roll, KOF's Bao, Marvel's Sentinel, and Tekken 7's  Alisa Boskonovitch.

I want to move on to hit reactions, and knock downs. The only reactions I am certain of are included in the Z2 Compatibility thread http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/z2-compatibility-thread-130642.0.html.
I am not sure what hit animations are included in HDBZ. Can someone help me out with this information?
Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:53:33 am by Alpha Proto
Re: Z2 style Neko Majin Z & Arale Norimaki
#2  June 12, 2017, 05:07:10 am
  • Niigasan
Wow great job man
#3  June 12, 2017, 05:17:47 am
Obscure characters are the best anyway.

Your Neko Majin looks really great. I don't know why, but it give me kind of a sense of being 3D. Having him play similarly to Goku makes sense, so long as he's different enough that people can appreciate him on his own.

With Arale, I feel like the quality of the animations and sprites are both good in themselves. They look good. But I feel like her proportions are too normal instead of being short and chubby. And maybe I'm wrong, but the colours are a little pale? I'm thinking that if you put her next to Goku Z2 in-game, it might look strange.
#4  June 12, 2017, 06:02:16 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Wow great job man
Thank you!
Obscure characters are the best anyway.

Your Neko Majin looks really great. I don't know why, but it give me kind of a sense of being 3D. Having him play similarly to Goku makes sense, so long as he's different enough that people can appreciate him on his own.

With Arale, I feel like the quality of the animations and sprites are both good in themselves. They look good. But I feel like her proportions are too normal instead of being short and chubby. And maybe I'm wrong, but the colours are a little pale? I'm thinking that if you put her next to Goku Z2 in-game, it might look strange.

The Arale skin color came from the Bulma sprite at the start of Vegeta's intro.

She was the only woman in the game to use as reference.
I am not very confident in my color choices so I get samples from other sprites.

Toriyama's character proportions are all over the place.
In the first chapters of Dr. Slump Arale had very normal proportions. In the 90's Dr. Slump her proportions were also those of a normal kid.
The same can be said for all the Dragon Ball characters through the series.

I decided to choose the proportions that worked for Z2 style.

The sprite's proportions are based on Kid Trunk, and Goten's win pose sprites from Gotenks.
That was just to make sure that she was at a good height for characters to interact without problems.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forward
Dash WIP 01

Forward walk WIP 10

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 01:12:17 pm by Alpha Proto
#5  June 17, 2017, 04:17:49 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Digging what I see so far. Very smooth and lively.

Shit
#6  June 18, 2017, 01:57:57 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Thank you!

I have never done a Z2 portrait before.
I used the sprite's colors.
Any tips, thoughts, or suggestions?
Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 01:13:48 pm by Alpha Proto

9mb

#7  June 18, 2017, 02:56:35 pm
........cool  :2thumbsup:
I am Chinese!打倒一切洋奴,慕洋犬和港台毒!

ZX2

#8  July 10, 2017, 09:19:31 pm
  • Bringer of Unseen Tales
  • The Finale Begins With You~
Hey Alpha! Nice work on Neko Majin Z2 :thumbsup: Was surprised when I saw this thread (didn't know you had it up actually). Also thanks for showing the Selecticon and Portrait I made for ya ^_^

Also like Dragon Ball FighterZ you should use manga references for the character. which I maybe wanna help with (Researching I mean lol I suck at doing sprites).
Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 09:38:33 pm by ZX2
#9  July 11, 2017, 12:19:46 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Hey Alpha! Nice work on Neko Majin Z2 :thumbsup: Was surprised when I saw this thread (didn't know you had it up actually). Also thanks for showing the Selecticon and Portrait I made for ya ^_^

Also like Dragon Ball FighterZ you should use manga references for the character. which I maybe wanna help with (Researching I mean lol I suck at doing sprites).
Yeah, I was posting so much I felt like I was spamming up the Z2 Style board. So I made a thread for these two.

For Neko Majin Z 's portrait, and the dash pose I used reference from the manga.
I am still working on the character's movement, and reactions. I will make sure to try, and keep the moves true to the characters.

ZX2

#10  July 11, 2017, 01:53:00 am
Lol Yeah same here. I did the same thing for my Hyper DBZ OC, but after a long while I kind of stopped posting stuff. I actually haven't done much to the character in the mean time (I'm stuck on making the Idle Stance to go any further :/)

Here are some I found for ya. use em if you want, ;) I'll try to do some of them to save you time.

Air Strong Punch for a bound? btw is she giving the finger?! XD

This could probably be his Dashing Strong punch (Could act as a sweep like Vegeta's Dashing Strong kick or knock down).

His Air Dash maybe?

Maybe a Level 3 Super, followed up with the next images below, and then well something else? just brain storming.
This could be a special or normal.
Medium kick or Strong kick which ever you prefer. Also a follow up after the image above.
Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 04:25:06 am by ZX2
#11  July 11, 2017, 09:25:10 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Thanks again for the input!
Yeah, in that first page she is giving an obscene gesture. You can tell, because of how her hand is on her bicep, and her middle finger is up. XD

I will edit this post later, and put a few images up for other possible attacks.
Since he did not have a lot of appearances I will include the other Neko Majin's actions for reference to compensate.

A super were NMZ dresses like a Koala, and the boy takes a picture would be cool. Then a picture of Neko attacking his opponent can flash on screen, and do some damage. It could start like Felicia's "Somebody Help!", with the boy running across.

Arale's history is so deep I may stick to her attacks featured in games; Tenkaiichi 3,J-Stars Victory Versus, and Jump Super Stars.

Poop on a stick throw could be her basic projectile. Each button throwing a different distance.

Flying head-butt can be her dragon punch .

I would like a horizontal special attack that closes space similar to a burn knuckle , or tatsu . I am leaning towards a drop kick , but that could be a normal.

I know for sure I want her mouth beam, and Planet (Punch) splinter as supers.They are so cool I wouldn't want to see them spammed.

Gatchan could do a beam stun super similar to SF3 Ryu's Denji Hadouken, or Hyper DBZ Gohan's Masenko.

A Dr. Slup cast stamped could be a nice super.

I don't know if it is do able, but it would be radical if Arale's head could fly off during her death blow. Like Terry Bogard's hat.

The drug from Dragon Ball Super that enhances desire to play could be her hyper/special mode.
Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:49:15 am by Alpha Proto
#12  July 11, 2017, 03:54:42 pm
    • Argentina
I love seeing how you make progress with these projects but I wish you were posting the new updates in different posts because I we can't find out unless we check your previous posts. Keep it up :)
#13  July 11, 2017, 09:07:07 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
I love seeing how you make progress with these projects but I wish you were posting the new updates in different posts because I we can't find out unless we check your previous posts. Keep it up :)
I should post updates here, and in Z2 thread?
#14  July 11, 2017, 09:08:12 pm
    • Argentina
Here is fine but I mean, making new comments/posts with the new stuff instead of editing previous posts.
#15  July 11, 2017, 09:14:18 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Oh, I understand.
I didn't want to double post to up my topic.
#16  July 11, 2017, 09:25:21 pm
    • Argentina
I see. I get it. It's your decision after all :)

Keep it up!

ZX2

#17  July 13, 2017, 06:51:57 am
This looks like a sick trick shot. So freakin cool! :catgoi:
I found this the other day and should've probably just edited that in with the last post. it's just Gohan's Masendan upside down, but it still looks great.

#18  July 13, 2017, 08:26:43 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
That is a pretty cool looking move. That should just be his normal air super.

I got this fighting stance from one of the first Neko Majin stories, but Z takes the same stance.
The punch animation is loosely based on this panel.
The Dash this panel. I traced it to make sure it was just right.
I would like to get these moves in the game.

An axehandle smash attack like Goku.
An over head upside down kind of kick.
This looks like a basic uppercut punch, but since you cant see his legs it might be a Ryo style Dragon Punch.

I thought about giving him Darkstalkers Felicia like jab, and short slash combo, but he doesn't use his claw.

He just punches and kicks like Goku taught him.
Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:51:33 am by Alpha Proto

ZX2

#19  July 13, 2017, 08:46:24 am
Well in some panels of him fighting with goku or any other opponent it looks they are doing dragon rush. Ya know like just attacks clashing all over the place (Forgot what it's actually called). but who knows he could be using his claws and fist.

As for his Over head upside down kick you could try using Goku Z2's Bicycle kick level 1 super sprites, as well as his Mid Air strong punch (with neko majin or Z doing a full split) from the sff.

Btw that Uppercut looks like theres a ghost fart coming from his armpit lol
#20  July 13, 2017, 04:08:02 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Can anyone tell me the in game hit reactions in Hyper DBZ?
Where can I find some examples other then the game to reference?
I have used Mcm to see some sff, but it doesn't help.

This is all I have found so far.

It looks like 2 upper body hits of varying impact using the same frames. Then a gut punch.
Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:27:29 pm by Alpha Proto

ZX2

#21  July 14, 2017, 04:16:55 am
Hmm Not sure. you should probably ask Barker that question.
#22  July 15, 2017, 01:01:50 pm
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/the-sprite-standard-169648.0.html

(be sure to check the link above the image for more info)
These are the required sprites. You can add as many as you want but these must be included in the character to avoid any custom state bugs (character disappearing during throws, supermoves etc.).

There are also specific ones like the Twist KO and the Flip KO get hits. In fact, if and when the pictures get re-uploaded, there's also this to consider:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/z2-compatibility-thread-130642.0.html
It's a bit outdated, the beam collision is not implemented in any Z2 characters, or it has been removed.

Also to open the characters use FF3 (Fighter Factory 3), not MCM; it's faster and easier to use.
Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 01:28:01 pm by AlexSin
#23  July 15, 2017, 03:30:33 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Thank you for the information, AlexSin!
I have been sprite making for years, but I have never made a MUGEN character before.
This is going to help me out a iot.
#24  September 03, 2017, 10:49:21 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios

Here is the new back walk animation for my Neko Majin Z.
#25  September 03, 2017, 11:20:54 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Looking good Alpha. Keep it up.
#26  September 07, 2017, 03:30:23 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Thanks Iced!

Here are my new and old neutral jump WIP. 

It still is not as good as I want it to be.  I made sure that the animation for going up and returning to the ground were different.
I like the key animations, but the inbetweens are a little odd. Any suggestions on how I can make the movement better?
Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:40:26 am by Alpha Proto

ZX2

#27  September 08, 2017, 11:50:23 am
Really liking that new neutral jump WIP improvement. The only thing I've got to say is that his ears when he jumps up looks a little bit stiff and should have less resistance (especially when it comes to Super Jump). don't let up! ;)
#28  December 28, 2017, 12:27:21 am
    • USA
One thing would be not using as many in-betweens, when the movement of his arms and head are so fluid it makes the animation look weird and stiff. You could probably remove some of the frames in-between the key frames.
#29  December 28, 2017, 01:09:43 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina

It still is not as good as I want it to be.  I made sure that the animation for going up and returning to the ground were different.
I like the key animations, but the inbetweens are a little odd. Any suggestions on how I can make the movement better?

He should raise his arms to the sides of his body instead of going to the front. He jumps up with his arms at his side, then does this awkward movement where his arms turn towards the front, then raise. Also, he moves his legs together going down and then lands with them really far apart. Probably what's causing some of the weirdness.
Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 01:18:00 am by Graphicus
#30  December 28, 2017, 07:58:41 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
One thing would be not using as many in-betweens, when the movement of his arms and head are so fluid it makes the animation look weird and stiff. You could probably remove some of the frames in-between the key frames.
I'm not sure about that. I used as many frames as Capcom VS SNK Ryu's sprite for his neutral jump.
It may work better if I use as many frames Balthazar, and Barker with there characters.  I have a hard time referencing Z2 character sprites if I can't find an animated gif.
I will look into it. Thank you for your comment.   :beamgoi:

He should raise his arms to the sides of his body instead of going to the front. He jumps up with his arms at his side, then does this awkward movement where his arms turn towards the front, then raise. Also, he moves his legs together going down and then lands with them really far apart. Probably what's causing some of the weirdness.

Thank you for the comment.  I was stuck on this animation, and you gave some very good advice.  :yippi:
This is what I had up until now.

I will add your suggestions to the animation soon as I can.  :pleased:
Do you have any character jump reference? I was trying to give him a jump like Captain America's.  :???:
Thank you for your help.  ;)

Question for everyone. Should this be the universal forward dash animation (Ground and air?)

Or should the ground animation be something like this?

Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 11:19:18 am by Alpha Proto
#31  December 28, 2017, 01:50:32 pm
He could dash forward like Mr Satan. No need for a run cycle, plus you cut some work that you could use for other things.
#32  December 28, 2017, 05:25:11 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Looks much better. There's no actual problem with using Cap's jump as a reference. Just keep in mind that their idle stances are different so the beginning and end of the jumping animation inevitably have to be adjusted to return to each characters' corresponding stance.

That also explains why his arms are to his side at the beginning and then move to the front at the end. It's because of the SHIELD. By putting the arms in those positions, it doesn't cover the character that much. That's why it didn't make the same amount of sense for a non-shield carrying character.
#33  April 02, 2018, 03:02:49 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
I have been very busy over the holidays, and have been dealing with some family tragedies.
I also started working on trying to do projects that make money. So I started taking commissions, and working on my own personal comic book project.

At the moment my schedule is open so I am going to work some more on these sprites.
Working on 2 characters at once was slowing progress. So I did a poll on twitter asking if I should continue Z or Arale.
Z won the poll with 2 of the 3 votes. So I am going to start working primarily on him.

Big news. I asked A.C.I.D. if he would program Z for me, and he agreed. He put together a mock up of what I have so far.

I may just post rough animations until things get approved by you all.
I am going to work on the rest of the essentials, and finish with attacks.
Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 12:02:22 pm by Alpha Proto
#34  April 02, 2018, 05:02:14 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
I have been very busy over the holidays, and have been dealing with some family tragedies.
I also started working on trying to do projects that make money. So I started taking commissions, and working on my own personal comic book project.

At the moment my schedule is open so I am going to work some more on these sprites.
Working on 2 characters at once was slowing progress. So I did a poll on twitter asking if I should continue Z or Arale.
Z won the poll with 2 of the 3 votes. So I am going to start working primarily on him.

Big news. I asked A.C.I.D. if he would program Z for me, and he agreed. He put together a mock up of what I have so far.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/qIPDCbyEAd4[/youtube]

I may just post rough animations until things get the approved by you all.
I am going to work on the rest of the essentials, and finish with attacks.

My goodness... this looks just so beautiful... SO UNIQUE! BRAVO!
#35  April 03, 2018, 08:45:40 am
Take your time man and I'm happy to work with you. These sprites are a beaut.

I made my suggestion on how he is supposed to play on the PM but it's entirely up to you.

As long as it's possible on the engine I can code it.

Also fixed the color problem from the video

Donuts
#36  April 04, 2018, 06:12:37 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios

I made a forward jump based on the one Master Roshi has in Ultimate Battle. I will have to adjust the tail movement to make it a jump back.
It's just 4 frames. Should I add more?

Flip animation 4 frames.

Flip animation 8 frames
Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 09:57:26 am by Alpha Proto
#37  April 04, 2018, 09:39:02 am
The flip KO is perfect.

On the jump forwards and backwards we need 4 more.

Donuts
#38  April 05, 2018, 06:04:37 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
I'm always excited when I see new Neko Majin sprites/animations of yours. I sincerely hope we can add him to the HDBZ roster in some sort of 'official' way at some point!
#39  April 05, 2018, 08:29:37 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
The flip KO is perfect.

On the jump forwards and backwards we need 4 more.

I will get to work on that. Thank you A.C.I.D.
W.I.P.2 flip forward. I added 2 more frames. Not cleaned yet. Just place holders.

I'm always excited when I see new Neko Majin sprites/animations of yours. I sincerely hope we can add him to the HDBZ roster in some sort of 'official' way at some point!
Thank you Balthazar! I have never completed a character, but with the help of everyone on this message board I know I can do it.
Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:55:52 pm by Alpha Proto
#40  April 07, 2018, 02:04:14 pm
    • Argentina
    • sites.google.com/view/senseiyoda/sensei-yodas-mugen
Amaizing job!  :muttrox:
#41  April 09, 2018, 09:48:42 pm
    • Argentina
I Need This Become A Char!!! Good Job ACID And Alpha!!!!!!!
#42  April 10, 2018, 12:50:12 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Thank you.
I just finished the forward jump, and back jump.
I will try to keep everyone updated on the progress.
#43  April 11, 2018, 05:36:27 am
    • Argentina
Oke! if you need something examples cs ect i can help you
#44  April 14, 2018, 11:30:15 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Thank you!
I will add the back dash, and Neko Majin Z should be able to move freely.

After that I will go to the hurt animations.
Do HDBZ characters have multiple down states or just one? Is the K.O. position on the ground the same?
I am asking because I want Neko MAjin to land like Darkstalkers Felicia, and Street Fighter III:Third Strike Makoto onto his stomach.

Always room for improvement.  I would rather get these sprites done, and fix them later than to get stuck fixing one sprite.

I thought about using Armentis's Kid Buu curse, but since it is for Kid Buu I don't think that would be appropriate for Neko Majin Z.
Are there any Neko Majin Z curse suggestions?
Some things that come to mind are ;
Tech-Tech alien,

Usagi Majin,

Or maybe Neko Majin Mike's friend Kojiro the teacher?

Hostage Girl tied up?
She could hop around?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Midnight Bliss
Oni's wife Honey?

Thunder Bolt's Girl Honey?

Hostage Girl?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back Dash WIP 01. Still cleaning this up.

Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 11:57:08 am by Alpha Proto
#45  April 18, 2018, 07:56:42 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Electrocution sprite.
Sigure warning.
I made a Tien style version, but I wanted to show this off because I like it.

I cleaned up the back handspring. Got all the details in.
Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 08:00:58 am by Alpha Proto
#46  April 18, 2018, 11:31:44 pm
  • "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com
Loving these new animations! Keep it up.
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast
#47  April 20, 2018, 12:53:06 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Thanks Ethan the Human!
Shock animation. More like Tien's shock then the older one. I still included the skeleton like the other.
Seizure warning.
Broken Back

Push

Should his tail be straight in this sprite? Just to show his tension? Or is this alright?

For Midnight Bliss, and Cursed I think I want to to turn him into the Girl Hostage.

Not really really related, but I purchased the Dr. Slump movies DVD collection.
It's movies 1-5. I am going to save Arale's voice clips, and some of Senbei's/Dr. Slump's.  Should be good for attacks, intros, and KO poses. Also good for ideas.
Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 01:35:26 am by Alpha Proto
#48  April 20, 2018, 01:34:41 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I love the back  broken, really comical.
You are getting better! Keep going for it dude.
#49  April 21, 2018, 05:15:39 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Maybe make the tail not only stick straight out, but frizzed up comically large.
#50  April 21, 2018, 06:21:30 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Maybe make the tail not only stick straight out, but frizzed up comically large.
I will give that a shot and post it up for everyone to see.
Here is a WIP of the Get hit Normal. Just the Key frames. Is the pose alright?
Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 06:53:35 am by Alpha Proto
#51  April 21, 2018, 07:06:07 am
    • USA
This character honestly looks amazing so far, cant wait to see how he ends up!
#52  April 21, 2018, 08:01:01 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
That get-hit looks great! So expressive! :D
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#53  April 21, 2018, 09:00:29 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Thank you! Here is another!

WIP01 Gut Punch

ZX2

#54  April 21, 2018, 08:02:33 pm
Push

Should his tail be straight in this sprite? Just to show his tension? Or is this alright?

Nice to see ya doin well Alpha. Here's an edit of the tail in Neko Majin's push sprite for ya.

Note: They say a cat's tail speaks many languages of it's emotions. So like the tail you have which is slightly curved up and out from behind means that it's kind of interest although slightly scared, while the tail I edited means "I'm Super Angry :inuyasha: " (I know this after having a stray for 2 years or less). Kek
#55  April 21, 2018, 10:44:25 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Nice! I am not familiar with cats.
Is it alright for me to use this?I changed the back boot.

Here is a key frame from the Uppercut get hit.

Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 07:18:14 am by Alpha Proto
#56  April 23, 2018, 07:18:01 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Sorry about the double post.
I got the get hit normal done.
Here is the finished Midnight Bliss

It's the hostage girl from one of the Neko Majin manga. I thought about having her be the curse, but Z would still be male when cursed.
So the curse will be either Kojiro, or a Tech-tech alien.

Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 08:47:49 am by Alpha Proto
#57  April 23, 2018, 07:46:37 am
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
Ahem. You might wanna check up on that midnight bliss picture. ;)
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original

ZX2

#58  April 23, 2018, 08:01:28 am
Sure thing alpha! It was actually for ya so.
#59  April 23, 2018, 08:48:38 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 09:38:30 am by Alpha Proto
#60  April 26, 2018, 06:06:52 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Knockdown WIP 01

No impact from a hit, just Neko Majin throwing himself into the air and taking a bump on the ground.
Some of the frames are small so I am going to resize them.
-----------------
Knockdown WIP 03

Resized the sprites. Changed the frame rate from 60fps 5 frame delay, to 6 frame delay.
That's what I usually set my animations to , but I was trying something different.
Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 07:21:04 am by Alpha Proto
#61  April 26, 2018, 07:05:19 am
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
There is so much bounce and life in your animation :D
#62  April 26, 2018, 07:15:02 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
There is so much bounce and life in your animation :D
Thank you! It's all because of this post.
Alpha Proto - why are you afraid of movement?
The tail animation doesn't really work for me, but I just had time to make this quick edit:
Pls take a look what I did - as a rule of thumb, when he goes down and his knees push outwards his hip also need to actually move down

-->
After that I been facing my fear of movement.
Really pushing the stretch, and squish properties of my characters.
Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 07:24:42 am by Alpha Proto
#63  April 26, 2018, 08:19:12 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Those animations are so damn smooth.
#64  April 26, 2018, 10:18:46 pm
  • The Fan of Everyone that post Cool Stuff!
  • Supporting the cool work!!!
    • Venezuela
This char is going nuts!,in the cool sence of course
cause im following you
im following twice
and im seeing this beautiful creation
with my two eyes

What can i say...im just good giving support.
#65  April 26, 2018, 11:30:23 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
I really like this :)
#66  April 27, 2018, 12:29:36 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Those animations are so damn smooth.
I am trying my best not to over do it. I am going to add another bounce at the end of Neko settling into place.
My favorite knock downs are Street Fighter III: Third Strike Makoto, and Darkstalkers Felicia.
This is not as extreme as Makoto's animation, but a bit more than Felicia.
This char is going nuts!,in the cool sence of course
cause im following you
im following twice
and im seeing this beautiful creation
with my two eyes

Thank you for following me twice. Remember to like and subscribe! ;)
Until now most of the animations I have done have been for movements. I tried my best to add a sense of character to them all, but it was difficult.
I have been waiting for these animations. There are a lot of fun possibilities to give the character a lot of expression.

I really like this :)
Thank you!
I hope this character isn't just fun to play, but fun to beat up.
#67  April 27, 2018, 02:24:17 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
https://discord.gg/sANPJ2
Yo Alpha, have you joined the HDBZ discord yet? You should really get in there so the team can talk with you more. We really love what you're pumping out now ^_^
#68  April 28, 2018, 06:19:03 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
#69  April 28, 2018, 06:58:52 am
    • USA
Do you have to create a Discord account? I forgot but I think you have to do that first....maybe
#70  April 28, 2018, 10:51:11 am
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
You do, you join rooms by accepting invites
#71  April 28, 2018, 04:06:20 pm
    • France
    • louis.salome@live.fr
Man this is so neat ! What are you drawing with ?? You are getting better and better keep it up !
#72  April 28, 2018, 05:27:21 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
#73  May 07, 2018, 04:46:12 pm
    • Denmark
Sorry for making you go back to an already finished sprite.
But the tails movement in the stance are not really working for me. It makes this awkward jump, when it loops.
[img width=600
#74  May 07, 2018, 05:01:24 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
I was using the same Felicia tail animation from before, and it did not have the correct amount of frames to loop smooth with the crouching animation.
I will have to animate the tail myself to have it's animation loop smoothly.
Thank you for reminding me.  :)

Sorry for the lack of animation updates. I just back from Kamehacon. Getting ready for that took a lot of my focus. So I should get an animation done this week.
I was disappointed the game room at the con did not have Hyper Dragon Ball Z playing. I will have to see if they can do anything about that next year.
Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 05:04:48 pm by Alpha Proto
#75  May 14, 2018, 10:41:10 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
I got the fall animation done. Here is the video of me cleaning that animation up. Lots of talking and music so you may want to double speed the video, and mute the audio. Skip around the timeline, or whatever.

I'm posting less completed gifs, because I heard people might make their own Neko Majin Z from my sprites before the character is done.
So I will post unfinished works in progress here to make sure Neko Majin Z doesn't get swiped away from me.

The basic attacks are coming up, really soon.
If you have any ideas post them in the thread. That would be the best way for me to keep track of them.
Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 10:56:14 am by Alpha Proto
#76  May 14, 2018, 01:30:40 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Good idea, because then scalpers really do have to work to make the fighter. You're making good progress so far.
#77  June 14, 2018, 01:47:05 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Wow, no posts for 4 weeks. That is a while.
Here is Neko Majin Z reacting to getting hit with an uppercut.

Next I will work on his dizzy animation. I am still trying to deciding on what that will look like.
#78  June 14, 2018, 01:55:43 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Have him confused, dazed, and chasing his tail!
#79  June 14, 2018, 02:37:34 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Isn't chasing his tail too much motion for a dizzy animation?
Those animations are traditionally stationary.
#80  June 14, 2018, 02:57:32 am
Maybe have him standing up holding his head with one hand dazed lookin' and kinda wobbling back and forward in place.
#81  June 14, 2018, 04:22:31 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I was imagining him spinning in place going in circles chasing his tail. Not really going far enough left or right to differentiate his clsn boxes
#82  June 14, 2018, 05:57:31 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
I think I smell what you are cooking.
Now I am curious if I am skilled enough to pull that animation off.
#83  July 08, 2018, 06:13:49 pm
    • France
I just wanted to say that your neko majin is awesome.
#84  July 09, 2018, 05:40:43 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
#85  July 10, 2018, 06:31:35 am
    • Denmark
[img width=600
#86  July 10, 2018, 07:59:53 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Indeed. At the moment the frames are going back and forth.
I tried adding more frames so the animation would cycle, but I wasn't getting the results I was looking for.
I am hoping that once it is moving in game it looks better.

lui

#87  July 10, 2018, 08:17:45 am
    • USA
one thing i reccomend doing is curling up the tail whenever his foot transitions down, it would sell more on the impact of him skipping
#88  July 16, 2018, 07:02:19 am
    • Denmark
Else take a look at felicia from darkstalkers.
If you need any guides/ ideas for tail movement.
[img width=600
#89  July 29, 2018, 12:26:56 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
WIP 01

This is going to be a move based on how Neko Majin Z was first introduced in his comic.
He was pretending to be a train.
#90  July 29, 2018, 07:38:39 am
 :muttrox:Ha! Just got an idea: You should put that when he starts to do a Super move!
Apha Proto, you got real good at this Spriting/animating,   how'd you do it? Enlighten my ass. :muttrox:
#91  July 29, 2018, 10:06:49 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
I animate in Graphics Gale.
I start with simple shapes, and get the motion I want.
Then I add detail.
#92  December 05, 2018, 06:23:07 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
If you didn't know I have been showing my progress on Neko Majin Z on my youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7ul6FYzT0lfNCo3B58VAsRxvdB8awmBO

Here is what I have for my standing HK.

It's a spinning double leg round house mule kick. I got the idea looking at a sprite sheet of the cat girl from Golden Axe the duel.
It needs some adjustments, but I am sure I can get it where it needs to be.
Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 02:17:40 pm by Alpha Proto
#93  December 22, 2018, 08:41:02 pm
    • Argentina
    • sites.google.com/view/senseiyoda/sensei-yodas-mugen
wow really cool!
#94  December 24, 2018, 07:01:50 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Thanks!
It turned out a lot better than the blog test.
#95  December 24, 2018, 04:18:29 pm
  • goes back to Melchior!
    • Brazil
I love this project!
I am looking forward to it when they are ready, it will be a lot of fun.

Your actions may well save or destroy your life. You must handle your sword with full knowledge of the consequences. - Melchior
#96  December 25, 2018, 12:14:07 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Thank you Bob!
I want to add a lot of intros, and victory poses so people will see a variety of things when they play him.

I need to add some special moves, Hyper moves, and emo mode stuff to that will make him a Hype.

Other than those things he has everything he would need to be a character in Street Fighter II.
#97  December 25, 2018, 11:43:17 pm
  • goes back to Melchior!
    • Brazil
Thank you Bob!
I want to add a lot of intros, and victory poses so people will see a variety of things when they play him.

I need to add some special moves, Hyper moves, and emo mode stuff to that will make him a Hype.

Other than those things he has everything he would need to be a character in Street Fighter II.

I'm going to work on a Dr. Slump sprite and I'll send it to you soon. ;)

Your actions may well save or destroy your life. You must handle your sword with full knowledge of the consequences. - Melchior
#98  December 26, 2018, 12:45:41 am
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
I really hope this becomes an official part of Hyper DBZ. What a wonderfully wacky character choice this cat is. ^_^