YesNoOk

Reproducing the same helper but keeping track of each one individually?? (Read 2300 times)

Started by Odb718, December 24, 2017, 04:31:24 pm
Share this topic:
Reproducing the same helper but keeping track of each one individually??
#1  December 24, 2017, 04:31:24 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Wooking on N00b, I'm making an ultra that sends down 10 black holes that will send P2 up and have him fall down.
The idea is to have P2 fall into one of the holes, and then be dropped above the next. He'd fall into the second hole and be placed above the 3rd, and so on and so on until P2 slams into the ground.

Right now I have Fvar(13) keeping track of it's X position. I've made this from a list so knowing that number I know which has hit P2.
But I'm not sure how to get P2's body to be over the next spot.

Spoiler: The list of Fvar sets (click to see content)

I'm wondering if I can use parent distance and compare the values. But I think the total distance from say 6 to 7 could change depending on what side P2 is on? And I think I'd need that value to be used in Snap in the hitdef?

How can I put P2's body over then next spot??
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Re: Reproducing the same helper but keeping track of each one individually??
#2  December 24, 2017, 04:38:32 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'd create a helper that creates the black holes. Then use their parent to communicate to each other. That way the parent can store the portals positions as vars without eating all your root vars.
#3  December 24, 2017, 10:58:29 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I’m not sure I understand what you are trying to do. I would guess that the enemy was in a custom state for this move. If that’s true why not just use posset or possadd to get them where you want them. The fvars you have setup should be enough data to put them into position.
#4  December 25, 2017, 12:07:30 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
I'd create a helper that creates the black holes. Then use their parent to communicate to each other. That way the parent can store the portals positions as vars without eating all your root vars.

I would do this too.
#5  December 25, 2017, 12:58:08 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Perhaps instead of trying to calculate the PosSets/Adds from the custom state, you can trigger 1-tick TargetBinds to snap the enemy into the positions?

#6  December 25, 2017, 09:55:13 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I think the parent>helper>helper route is going to be used.
Though I'm not sure if I want to make this a throw-type move or a normal ultra. Heck I'm not even sure how I'll have it end.  Having N00B stand still for 1 and a half seconds kinda looks weird. And having him locked up while P2 bounces off the ground is weirder. Maybe I can have him do a verbal taunt at the end?

What's really throwing me off is the sound FX. It's the land/POP/fade out all rolled up into one. So extending the time that they're on the floor messes up the sync with the sound.

I was also thinking you might be able to get on the buttons and gain 2 or 3 extra portals. But so far the firing off is only 45tics. Not enough time to even know that's a thing.

I have a feeling that the timing on all of this is going to be super tight. Falling faster and faster, P2 is going to need some trails...

Merry Christmas!
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv