YesNoOk

Vent time (Read 10504 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, August 28, 2007, 07:30:00 am
Vent time
#1  August 28, 2007, 07:30:00 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Sooo, how long do we let the madness continue before we start kicking the trouble makers out? Some of these people need to go.

I know this is bound to occur while it is new but it is making the atmosphere we don't want. Gotta start doing a bit of housecleaning soon so the forum can be functional again.
Re: Vent time
#2  August 28, 2007, 07:33:35 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
how long ?
kick them off already, just make sure not too many innocents go as well.
#3  August 28, 2007, 09:01:39 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Define troublemaker.

Also, i really want requests that are back too many pages to vanish. We knew it would be a mess so it would be nice to have an automated deletion system there.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#4  August 28, 2007, 01:10:10 pm
  • THANK YOU FOR RUINING MY EYESIGHT
    • https://www.artstation.com/rikard
Well, I *think* I know what troublemaker means, since there is a certain individual on the board that is either trying his best to piss the old fashioned creators off, or wants to put the staff to a test.  ;D
https://www.artstation.com/rikard
triggerall = Win && numhelper(180) = 0 && time = 0 && (stateno = 180) && matchover
HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNNECESSARY TRIGGERS
#5  August 28, 2007, 04:26:45 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the goatse guy amde me think aobut something.. should we ban all proxy servers?
#6  August 28, 2007, 04:35:12 pm
    • Germany
overkill.
#7  August 28, 2007, 06:47:40 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
. . . yes please don't overkill; or kill at all, if possible.

a PM I just wrote said:
Sorry to hear that, but I don't know. The moderation logs show a lot of user deletions since yesterday (don't have time to go through them all), and I'm sorry that it hit you as well if you didn't do anything, but if you only had one or two posts, at least, phew, then it's not that bad.

I suspect that you got caught up in the "cleanup" mentioned this topic and were confused with a "troublemaker" or something.

I hope that doesn't happen again for no reason and will tell the others to be more careful and patient . . . :(
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#8  August 28, 2007, 06:52:41 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yeah I have only banned 1 person and that was the guy flooding the forum with that butt pic thingie.

Perhaps we should post members we are considering as troublemakers here so we may discuss and also let them see we think that so they may either
a) act worse cause they want to push us more
b)try to act better because they are not meaning to be a troublemaker, just got caught up in the moment or whatever.
#9  August 28, 2007, 07:05:48 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
You should often be able to find out for yourself whether b) is the case or not.

Because first of all you talk to them. :D (no shit sepp! yeah but that's where a lot of cases can already be solved.)

*ahem*

Sure if somebody floods topics with "that butt pic thingie" (the things I miss...) you can skip that step.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
#10  August 28, 2007, 07:09:40 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Also I need to be able to select multiple posts to delete all at once when looking at a whole person's post history.

And the ability to delete dumped threads or at least deeper dump them. All this due to the butt pic guy. And if I may have access to the word filter that would be nice so we can block that link and force him to reupload constantly.

You should often be able to find out for yourself whether b) is the case or not.

Because first of all you talk to them. :D (no shit sepp! yeah but that's where a lot of cases can already be solved.)

*ahem*

Sure if somebody floods topics with "that butt pic thingie" (the things I miss...) you can skip that step.
Do I try to talk to certain members that I know the mentality of already? JZ, Hoshi, etc? :P
#11  August 28, 2007, 07:25:17 pm
    • Germany
one guy ("the mugen master") had the same ip as the spammer and asked me about it. told him it would probably work by now, was just a coincidence I guess.

DGJ

#12  August 28, 2007, 07:47:40 pm
    • sd.mistrust.com/mugen

#13  August 28, 2007, 07:52:01 pm
    • Germany
the account which shared the ip of the spamming account had normal posts from earlier. don't think it's the same guy, and even if it is, unless he spams crap all over the place I don't mind him :P
#14  August 28, 2007, 08:11:15 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Also I need to be able to select multiple posts to delete all at once when looking at a whole person's post history.

And the ability to delete dumped threads or at least deeper dump them. All this due to the butt pic guy. And if I may have access to the word filter that would be nice so we can block that link and force him to reupload constantly.

Butt guy is funny, why is it called goatsee anyway?
#15  August 28, 2007, 08:14:53 pm
    • Germany
admins can just delete whole accounts including all their posts, that's easier. let titiln or someone do that :P
#16  August 28, 2007, 08:17:23 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Well in the event you guys are not around... plus that means I have to post here everytime to give the username to you guys.

Don't really like the thought of leaving those pics in the dump till an admin can delete them but if you don't mind it oh well.

Also, does account deletion remove the bans on the person?
#17  August 28, 2007, 08:21:36 pm
i deleted his account but his posts still remain as guest posts, haha. :(
the bans remain, however.

DGJ

#18  August 29, 2007, 12:35:58 am
    • sd.mistrust.com/mugen
don't turn off account activation, whoever did it last time

#19  August 29, 2007, 09:45:18 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
i deleted his account but his posts still remain as guest posts, haha. :(

Then you haven't done it right! There's a checkbox I think, or a list, that you can set to include deletion of all posts on the account deletion screen. Edit: Oh. Haha. I get it now. The deleted posts are, of course, sent to the Recycle Bin. XD

TDS what's the problem with disgusting imagines in the Recycle Bin? I don't see it. I shall update the description of the board to include Here be dragons.

In any case, the ability to delete things from the Recycle Bin should either already be there... or be given to GMods, definitely.
--R. Scott Bakker
Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 09:54:56 am by Sepp
#20  August 29, 2007, 10:55:59 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Short on time. Tell me if I keep overlooking and forgetting things after days and days.

For now, Global Moderator power level up

Delete account: any account
--R. Scott Bakker
#21  August 29, 2007, 10:57:18 am
    • Germany
the posts do go to the dump when deleting accounts, though :P
#22  August 29, 2007, 11:21:02 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
There's a checkbox I think, or a list, that you can set to include deletion of all posts on the account deletion screen. Edit: Oh. Haha. I get it now. The deleted posts are, of course, sent to the Recycle Bin. XD

Noticed. But... well, we should give GMods the ability to delete deleted things for real then, and apart from that... it's the trash.

What do people expect when they look in the trash? THERE MIGHT BE DRAGONS
--R. Scott Bakker
Re: Vent time -- thread derailing.
#23  August 30, 2007, 06:39:06 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
proper post in a release topic are buried over the omg you suck thief posts. how much vent time should be given before all of those offtopic posts get deleted ? i do not think aplying request thread criteria in the release forum is apropiate.
#24  August 31, 2007, 12:45:58 pm
    • Germany
*bump*
#25  August 31, 2007, 03:05:21 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Um, has anyone started trying to talk to them yet? I havn't but I gotta work on my next update page.

If you talk to them and there is no way to make them "see the error of their ways" then temp ban them.

Maybe just a few days or so, then if it persists after that full ban.

Be sure to let members know the difference in chaotic flaming/trolling compared to simply informing members that what they are releasing is "wrong".
#26  August 31, 2007, 03:53:54 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Oh I love having the ability to ban and delete accounts and all posts! It makes goatse guys attempts so magnificently in vain! ^_^
Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 04:00:31 pm by Just No Point
#27  August 31, 2007, 04:40:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
so, venting time is over, now it's time to talk to them and whoever does not stop gets banned.
#28  August 31, 2007, 04:40:41 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
right?
#29  August 31, 2007, 04:44:40 pm
right!