#1  October 23, 2011, 02:08:17 pm
    • www.ablsearch.com/gamingforum/
New MUGEN Forum Opened
Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:34:23 pm by Rajaa
Re: Rogue
#2  October 23, 2011, 02:54:52 pm
  • Loading....Loading.....Error
Sees IMT. *feels the dubious thing*

Sees registration required. Gimme a minute....

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie
#3  October 23, 2011, 03:02:07 pm
  • Q
Sees IMT. *feels the dubious thing*

Sees registration required. Gimme a minute....

So to be clear, your have a low opinion of IMT, yet you have yet to register there? --;
(don't make this another IMT 'criticism' thread, please, just the character)
#4  October 23, 2011, 03:21:30 pm
I think is worth registering in a site that does awesome characters+edits. A person can even set up a junk email address just for sites that they have no interest on..  Great characters I will for sure follow it updates closely.
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#5  October 23, 2011, 03:32:29 pm
    • Thailand
This thread is pretty much useless to anyone without an account there. Provide a download link or delete this thread.

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Uploads/ACEY/Rogue.zip

Modification:

So, did he use custom sprites for all of the moves, or did he just reuse a bunch of sprites that Rogue already had?
Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:44:10 pm by Rajaa
#6  October 23, 2011, 04:15:00 pm
Could not tell you if he did original sprites since All i had was an old Rogue... The character is solid but the AI is weak so when you play the cpu you can easily give it a beating, i love that you can take other characters powers and I think i saw in a video that you can use against other characters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsiKy353dcw&feature=player_embedded#!
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#7  October 23, 2011, 04:36:47 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
@Rajaa: The sprites are edited, but this Rouge is EDITED FROM KONG'S ROUGE AND IT'S STILL BROKEN. Come on Acey you can do better than this.
#8  October 23, 2011, 04:43:38 pm
Sakarin

How can you detect if a character is broken. Please explain as I'm not a tech guy, If users post their issues for sure he will fix... Forgot to mention character not final so fixes for sure be addressed!
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#9  October 23, 2011, 04:58:36 pm
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
Most of Kong's stuff are broken, but this one, is even worse.
#10  October 23, 2011, 05:03:46 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
I'm sorry to brake your bubble buddy but this Rogue its pure worthless garbage aswell as the link you provided...
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#11  October 23, 2011, 05:27:27 pm
I thought It was good news to users in this website, It sounds like there is personal issues with that website, which is has nothing to do with character though the character is bad i can still find fun using it besides is free so why complain?  I'm here for the gaming and not to offend, make  online enemies, curse or anything like that please remenber that we are all here because we enjoy gaming.
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#12  October 23, 2011, 05:51:53 pm
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
You know that we're talking about the character more than you, right?
#13  October 23, 2011, 05:59:59 pm
Sakarin
I well understand you are talking about the character, so do not take stuff personal, but in my opinion I do not need to have a 100% perfect character as I have not found or looking for a perfect one, I'm just try to enjoy as stuff is, and if there is an update I go back and download.
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#14  October 23, 2011, 06:31:30 pm
    • Thailand
Okay, you guys think it's garbage, time to shut up about it. And there is no need to defend anyone, either, Abls1.

Post about the character, neutrally if you must. We don't need disrespectful posters and white knights in this topic. Thank you all.
#15  October 23, 2011, 06:57:16 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I smell another heated "Kong like" debate here. Let me put in my two cents.

I am in fact no coder (if I had time I'd learn), so I can't argue or debate on that behalf. However, amidst all of Infinity's releases, this one ain't that bad. The biggest plus is how Acey implemented all of those stolen moves. Considering how many releases Mugen has and how Acey made this possible is pretty cool. Lastly, judging from the playtime I spent with this release, she handles pretty well. Once again, this comes from a huge fighting game fan, not a coder. I really like this one.

From a coding perspective (knowing this came from Kong's source... Am I correct on this??) along with how Infinity handled constructive feedback, I can see what the fuss is all about.

So Rajaa, where's your Rogue!? I'm anticipating yours even more now!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#16  October 23, 2011, 07:02:24 pm
    • Thailand
All posts are getting deleted that are about the damn Kong argument; defending or offending alike. Don't ask me about my Rogue in this topic.
#17  October 23, 2011, 07:50:56 pm
  • Q
3rd try may not be deleted:

Try to post real feedback. As if it were someone respected like Sean Alty or Cyanide. I'm not debating IMT's releases, etc, I don't want to turn this thread into a Guile strategy guide like the other one. (chuckle)

Just give criticism, specific, not "This are garbage, me no like", be specific, get to the point.
#18  October 23, 2011, 08:25:44 pm
  • For honor!
- Her large portrait is not isolated from its background and just looks bad on a fighting game select screen.

- Her into is really badly animated. I could barely tell she's tapping the ground with her foot for whatever reason. Then there's that one frame cape throw...

- Her stance isn't good either. What works for people like Thouther really, really does not work for Rogue at all.

- Her damage output is atrociously high. I can take nearly half of an average character's health with an air combo that I do by mashing buttons.

- As a result of being based off a certain someone's version, her gameplay is very sloppy and button mash accessible. An 11 year old can hold his/her own against a character AI patched by a Nico Nico Douga viewer with this Rogue without even knowing what he/she is doing.

- And you thought her dive kick couldn't be more annoying than it was in the source game. Now try it with badly guessed velocities!

- The timings and velocities make me gag. Everything is clearly way too fast, too slow, lasts too long, or is a combination of badly guessed velocities and timings. I don't even use Rogue very much in the Marvel series and I can still see how offensively wrong her data is.

- Doesn't feel anything like a Marvel vs Capcom character, or even a decent character for that matter. It feels like a freaking mess. I don't care how creative Acey wants to be, he should at least have the decency to look at actual game data so his characters won't feel so gosh darn sloppy!

- The stolen powers were not done well at all. I refuse to accept that Acey ever used Iceman in the Capcom marvel games to even think that his Ice Beam is like that. Or how about The Amazing Spammable Spider-Man web balls? I don't even want to talk about the stolen supers. The animations, the hitdef data, the way they are coded, and just about everything about her stolen powers screams sloppy rushjob.

And I just can't handle it anymore to go in even further. I am very sure there are bugs leftover from its previous version left over just waiting to jump out and disgust the unsuspecting player too.

Right now we are very solid in gameplay, programming, graphics and creativity.
You say that so often. I wonder what your basis for comparison is?
Iroha stripped for me
#19  October 23, 2011, 08:31:33 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Well said Alpha-San. I seriously gotta learn to code....  ;D

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#20  October 23, 2011, 09:53:58 pm
  • Q
Well, its a small step.
To simplify without the personal crap
-"Badly Guessed" velocities (undescibed, so not very helpful)
- High damage output
- "Bad" animation on intro
- Button Mashable

What 'doesn't work' in the stance?
MvC always seemed very mash friendly to me, so could you elaborate
Keep in mind, feedback isn't used to anger the creator, but rather to help improve a character. Vague answers, that don't explain what must be done, can't possibly help.
#21  October 23, 2011, 10:10:07 pm
  • For honor!
Well, its a small step.
Oh so the poor large portrait choice is personal but the bad stance and animations aren't? The stolen powers being halfassed in every regard including coding and design is personal?

Keep in mind, feedback isn't used to anger the creator, but rather to help improve a character. Vague answers, that don't explain what must be done, can't possibly help.
If you find me offensive then you are really sensitive. I'm being honest, if not a little generous to even give this character my time despite its origins. I don't want to know what you would do If I chose to be cruel...

Do you play Marvel vs Capcom games on easy/simple control settings, or do you go by what you know from MUGEN conversions that are very likely to be poorly made as well? The Marvel vs Capcom games are nowhere near this mashy and sloppy feeling in general.

Every. Single. Velocity.

What 'doesn't work' in the stance?.
Just freaking look at it and try to tell me that it works for Rogue.
Iroha stripped for me
Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 10:17:24 pm by Alpa-San
#22  October 23, 2011, 10:39:31 pm
  • Q
Well, its a small step.
Oh so the poor large portrait choice is personal but the bad stance and animations aren't? The stolen powers being halfassed in every regard including coding and design is personal?

If you find me offensive then you are really sensitive. I'm being honest, if not a little generous to even give this character my time despite its origins. I don't want to know what you would do If I chose to be cruel...

Do you play Marvel vs Capcom games on easy/simple control settings, or do you go by what you know from MUGEN conversions that are very likely to be poorly made as well? The Marvel vs Capcom games are nowhere near this mashy and sloppy feeling in general.

Every. Single. Velocity.

What 'doesn't work' in the stance?.
Just freaking look at it and try to tell me that it works for Rogue.

I left out the stolen powers (which could be detailed a bit), bit but the others yes. I wasn't sure if you meant the stance was poorly sprited (which would be an error of sorts) or if you just didn't like it. Animation is clearly an error if it is badly done (as in too few frames, or the action happens too quickly, not preference). (just because I put it, doesn't mean I agree)

I don't really care if you are offensive. Its just that the criticism isn't very helpful.

I played MvC1, regular settings, normall on high speed. They are fairly mash friendl, especially when you compare to games like SF.

Ok. Every velocity. But you don't say "The MK velocity is too high, set it to X" you just say "All the velocities suck"

I think Rogue, being a tough type of character, may stand up straight, try to give off an air of 'strong', rather than a lower, wider stance that most Capcom females tend to have. If that is what you don't like then its personal.
#23  October 24, 2011, 12:27:01 am
  • For honor!
Not helpful when I freaking said that everything about it felt off and even went as far as to advise looking at the actual game's data to make this thing not feel so sloppy? You claim to play MVC games but you don't find this Rogue to be way too masher friendly by even original game standards? When I say all velocities suck I mean it. Nothing about this Rogue feels righ-you know what I shouldn't even bother with you when it's clear that you have problems with overall comprehension.
Iroha stripped for me
#24  October 24, 2011, 01:11:59 am
  • Q
But how can Acey use any of that vague stuff to improve the character? I get it; you find everything has some mystical 'off-ness' to it.

If you intend on criticism make it that which can be built on. But you know what?

I shouldn't even bother with you when it's clear that you have problems with overall comprehension.
#25  October 24, 2011, 01:23:08 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
So you're talking for Acey?

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#26  October 24, 2011, 01:48:05 am
  • Q
In a way. Don't take any of my stuff as something Acey would say. But, I don't like the incessant bashing of IMT's creations, especially when it is vague and devoid of meaning.
I was trying to get people who normally respond to threads here to give real C+C, but so far no luck.

Closer than I thought though.
#27  October 24, 2011, 01:51:07 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Hey SanjiSasuke, I suggest you to drop the White Knight act. Arpa posted his feedback, and now the only thing I see is that you're trying to make it less valid. Stop, seriously. Also, Arpa never mentioned anything about this being from IMT, so that won't work to "defend" the creator/creation.
Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 01:54:16 am by Nanashi_1337
#28  October 24, 2011, 02:09:36 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
probably the list of stuff that has a bad feeling velocity wise is too long to be worth typig, care typing which stuff has got good velocities?
#29  October 24, 2011, 02:10:59 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
No, he's right, the vels are off.

Few things

Vs jumps actually have an X friction, they start at one velocity and decrease.
They also have quite high gravity and do not float as much as this (that's without holding up)
Super jumps. You can never start at full forwards velocity except from a launcher, you must always accelerate to that value (and it's 4) and once you release you will begin slowing down until you reach 2.
Backwards jumps except off a launcher must wait at least 8 ticks before you start moving backwards.
As we have clsn's available now, even if you don't plan to use them, looking would be good. Falling clsn boxes typically use a single box, that would basically be up to shoulder level. There is no real defining of the body structure at all. This has been done and it makes moves miss
She seems to have some sort of odd quick recovery after any air hit.

There are a few defined combo systems in Vs, unsure exactly which one is in use here.
Weak to strong. This means you can go up the keys but only along kicks or punches
Weak to any. You can go up the keys alternating between kicks and punches
Punch to kick. This can go backwards but you may only combo a kick from a punch (not common)
Kick to punch. Inverse of above, also not common.
ZigZag/Hunter Chain. You use all 6 keys in sequence, generally starting from LP.

What's in this is apparently weak to any on the ground, but in midair it changes to zigzag+punch to kick to punch. And you can chain LP's together rather a lot. So in midair i can do LP>MP>LK>MK. I could probably go lp>mp>lk>mp>lk again, or something if i wanted to try really hard. I believe there's a juggle limit though.

Vs has no true "falls" a couple of moves will knock you down, but nothing that knocks you upwards will have you fall back to earth and get up from it. Especially not specials. Recovery should happen at pretty much the peak of everything. Unless you're slammed into the ground, you recover.

I don't really understand the stance as it doesn't match her recovery from other stuff. Kinda noticeable from the jump land, there is a flick to pose there.

Even if you're not going to artmoney the vels, you can get SOMETHING correctish simply by doing the move a few times and counting how many it takes till you can't hit p2, then replicate that. LP is too little, MP is too little.

Not going into the power theft, that's all made up and totally not an issue. But if something is going to be a style using many of the basic system mechanics is important, especially the combo system. Vs contrary to popular belief has a defined combo system and it really isn't mash for combo but specific strings. Some moves will even miss off the light versions due to requiring too much startup. They can chain from them, but p2 can recover in the middle, that sort of thing, often missed.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#30  October 24, 2011, 02:28:17 am
  • Q
I know Alpa didn't say that (thanks, I respect that) I was just answering the question. There isn't a "White Knight" act, though it does sound real cool, I'm not defending anybody, I just got frustrated and wanted to get actual feedback.

What Cyanide said is good sight more helpful. Now, it isn't very character specific (until the end), but definitely better.

On a side note: I never said I thought the vels weren't off. Just for more specificness.
#31  October 24, 2011, 02:29:29 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
That was actual feedback.
#32  October 24, 2011, 02:34:10 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#33  October 24, 2011, 02:40:32 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
It is character specific. Everything i've mentioned is something that's not there or done incorrectly. They're not general things you should know (well they are) but they're also things that aren't in this character.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#34  October 24, 2011, 04:01:13 am
  • Q
I said your reply was better. I meant the part in the beginning about the overall layout of MvC games, but I also added that at the end you narrow your point to the character. I do understand each and every velo would be too much, but merely saying they are bad is just worthless.
#35  October 24, 2011, 04:05:16 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
Cyanide just posted detailed feedback and explained how to fix several gameplay errors in a polite and neutral way.

What else do you want?!
#36  October 24, 2011, 04:19:47 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Personally, I would prefer Acey to respond to this himself rather than some messenger, cause at this point someone's going to get the wrong idea.
#37  October 24, 2011, 04:34:14 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
I said your reply was better. I meant the part in the beginning about the overall layout of MvC games, but I also added that at the end you narrow your point to the character. I do understand each and every velo would be too much, but merely saying they are bad is just worthless.
The overall layout refers directly to the style being attempted here and it has not been matched. It is specific to the character, everything i have listed is specific to the character but i have also provided some possibly unknown background that will assist him in fixing it.

#38  October 24, 2011, 04:38:46 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
We're not going to walk Acey through the entire thing and say the vels aren't bad if they are bad and not right. Insisting that we say what they aren't isn't going to accomplish anything either. Talking FOR Acey isn't going to help. Chances are he won't even GET this feedback. But complaining about people not saying what vels are bad when cyanide made a gigantic description of exactly WHY they are, makes no sense.

#39  October 24, 2011, 04:46:06 am
    • Thailand
Ugh, why are you still doing this? This is not your job. You fuck the topic over by attacking people's feedback. The feedback was fine and it would have stayed fine as long as you didn't say anything. Now you've created a whole mess.

I said stop white knighting. What don't you get about that? I even sent you a personal message. Cut it out. Stop. Don't do it anymore. Cease it. End it.

Nobody wants to see YOU replying to feedback that has nothing to do with YOU. You are not Acey. You are not the feedback police. You cannot adequately address the issues of the feedback; all you can do is make the feedback into an issue. Nobody wants to see you attack people's feedback because you think it's the right thing to do because they are being "unclear." If the feedback is unclear and Acey really wants more information about it, then there are plenty of ways he could find out more about the feedback himself. I'm pretty sure he has an account on this forum and has posted here before.

Stop. Stop. Please stop. This is the last warning. I deleted 2 of your posts, and you posted a third post that I let slide, even though you knew you were doing what I told you not to do. Keep it up and you'll just be slapped on the wrist.

If you have an issue with this post or my moderation style, then please post a topic relevant to your concerns in the feedback area of this forum. You may also report my post or contact an administrator concerning the action I have taken against you. If you are unclear about anything in this message, then you may send me a personal message, and I will clarify any confusion you have about this post.

Cheers, Rajaa.
#40  October 24, 2011, 01:45:56 pm
  • Oi, eu sou Goku!
    • Brazil
    • Skype - cardoso.ms
Only I can not open the Rogue SFF?
I tried to open with the Fighter Factory Classic and the Ultimate, and none of them could open the sprites.
With Fighter Factory Classic appears this error:

And with the Fighter Factory Ultimate I can open the char by DEF but when I go on the Sprite, she's empty.
I wanted to change the portraits to be compatible with my Screenpack, how can I change them?

Thank you and sorry for english mistakes, I use Google Translator.

"A loser will beat a genius through hard work!"- Rock Lee
#41  October 24, 2011, 02:37:50 pm
Haven't checked myself but I'm guessing it uses sffv2.

2OS

#42  October 24, 2011, 03:30:10 pm
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
If FFU can't open stream read error the probability of it being V2 is about 99 %.
#43  October 24, 2011, 04:41:46 pm
  • Oi, eu sou Goku!
    • Brazil
    • Skype - cardoso.ms
And how I open the sprites v2?  :???:

#44  October 24, 2011, 05:41:49 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Zcharcad, or wait until Fighter Factory 3 is released (which may be soon as it's in the final stages of beta testing)
#45  October 24, 2011, 07:09:23 pm
  • Oi, eu sou Goku!
    • Brazil
    • Skype - cardoso.ms
I tried Zcharcad and continued with the same error.  :-\

#46  October 24, 2011, 11:47:13 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
can also use a program called Nomen to open the sff of sff2 its worked for me no problems.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#47  October 24, 2011, 11:56:38 pm
  • Q
*Long rant*

Cheers, Rajaa.

Well, dang. I got the full Indian fury. Well I set out to get a little decent criticism, and at least got Cyanide's reply, and to a degree Alpa's. Mission mostly accomplished, even if it stirred this  :-X-storm.
#48  October 25, 2011, 01:43:48 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Yeah, but you passed none of it on to the author did you. You didn't even apparently bring this thread to his attention. All you did was slap down valid feedback that any decent author would have read through and taken for what it was without asking for insanely specific examples.

#49  October 25, 2011, 01:48:56 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
I went to the release thread and not a word of any of the feedback here was mentioned. This is true.
#50  October 25, 2011, 01:52:33 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
ban
#51  October 25, 2011, 02:18:44 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
ahahahahahah what a retard. Cyanide, you shouldn't bother anymore, just talk directly to Acey if you want any actual feedback to get there.

#52  October 25, 2011, 02:50:48 am
  • Q
ban

Cool, I never pronounced "Contributer" as Admin, but hey.

I didn't pass it on because I figure Acey checks here every now and again, just keeps quite (probably to avoid this kind of thing). I know the original thread had no feedback. Thats why I think it would be great for people here to give some, a big part of why I'm doing this. At IMT, not many people give any, but here just about every release does.

I'll put up Cyanide and Alpa's posts on IMT (once it loads up for me).
#53  October 25, 2011, 03:05:37 am
So he came here to complain about the negative comments people were making about this character and also disregard actual feedback because he didn't like it. All of this on Aceys behalf.

But he didn't quoted any of the actual feedback posted here because he assumed Aceys could look at it himself?!

:stare:

//edit:
And what does this means?
Cool, I never pronounced "Contributer" as Admin, but hey.
#54  October 25, 2011, 03:47:30 am
    • USA
    • speedy9199.webs.com/index.htm
The answer to most of your mugen problems is to know more math.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
#55  October 25, 2011, 04:47:24 am
    • www.InfinityMugenTeam.com
You know, I really appreciate SanjiSasuke saying exactly what he did. Flat out bashing, especially by some of the users who obviously didn't even download the character, is simply not helpful. Then there are the absolutely useless comments like "the portrait doesn't have the background cut out" or when someone actually has the balls to speak up trying to put them down by saying "Acey sends others to talk for him". I have a community to run so you can keep this as a flat appology across the board for not logging into MFG every day in the off chance that someone might decide to post up one of my characters here. Sanji probably wasted most of his time here saying exactly what I would have said about useless critisism but at least Cyanide took a second to give some actually useable feedback. That is a plus as far as I'm concerned.

@ Cyanide, I can learn a lot from your post. Information that I can continue to use in future character creations. I havn't seen the MvC2 hitbox chars you've mentioned so I'll need to check them out, I expect they'll be a lot like Marvel Super Heroes and MvC3. Overall, most sincerely, thanks for speaking up. I should mention though your comment about how Rogue is able to do combos inverse does not seem acurate to me. You can't go from MK to LP while standing, crouch or jumping. Neither can you go from MP to LK.

@ Those who need a little night time reading, A little bit about my work here, I'm not creating a MvC2 or MvC1 character, that's cool for those who do exactly that, and some did it very well (Splode, Mystic Blaze) but my take on mugen is that you need to be creating for the engine. All the moves and timing in rogue are matched with the character. I'm also one of those who has a problem with hitboxes as you'll find them on the VS series, litterally from CotA on through MvC3 but if you want an discourse on hit boxes theology that will be saved for another day. The ReadMe file points this out but Rogue uses the typical Magic Combo series as well as the typical L,M,H, with appropraite chainging into Supers and Hypers. As Cynaide points out you can chain go straight from LP up to a HP which is typical. There are no combo loops here so no need to assume there might be. In regards to the stance most everything matches up wit the rest of the animations perfectly except for the one frame Cynaide mentioned, I'll be sure to tidy that up. Her 50 powr sets are all spelled out in the ReadMe file as well, plans continue to make Rogue compatable with a wide variety of Mugen characters. All in all Rogue is one of the moxt complex mugen characters, not only because she can steal moves but also because she has a complete smart palette, a complex jacket helper according to the palette used and triggers to confirm !selfstate in order to handle the helper in a realistic maner while being thrown and such. Rogue also utilized SFFv2 to allow her to change skin color when stealing powers from those like Blanka, Colossus or Beast. One little perks thrown in include growing a tail when stealing from Nightcrawler. There are some cool custom animations such as the "Hyper Mega Man" stolen hyper and the "Ghost Rider bike" stolen hyper. All around she is a very solid character.

Combo Chain 1 = LP->LK->MP->MK->Hard attack (stand, crouch or air), you can skip ahead at any point going forward in this combo stream.
Combo Chain 2 = Light->Medium->Hard (stand, crouch or air), again, you can skip medium if you want.
Normals Chain into Specials. Specials into Hypers.
In general you can not chain normals into stolen attacks. Most stolen attacks can not be done in the air, excpetions include Hadouken, Mega Buster and Ice Blast.
Nothing is mashable except for LP or LK into itself, which are both precidented.

So for everyone out there who truely wants to play an amazing Rogue, wonderfuly programmed with great chaining, solid gameplay and full of tons of extras then this is a download you won't want to miss. Ignore the liars. I'm always listening. It's those who aren't afraid to speak up against the socail norm who change the world.
#56  October 25, 2011, 04:51:18 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
You know after reading all of that feedback Arpa and Cyanide posted...

...amazing Rogue, wonderfuly programmed with great chaining, solid gameplay...

....isn't really the best thing to say.

Ignore the liars. I'm always listening. It's those who aren't afraid to speak up against the socail norm who change the world.

You won't improve with that attitude.

#57  October 25, 2011, 04:52:48 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
What did I tell you?
#58  October 25, 2011, 04:58:41 am
  • Q
So he came here to complain about the negative comments people were making about this character and also disregard actual feedback because he didn't like it. All of this on Aceys behalf.

But he didn't quoted any of the actual feedback posted here because he assumed Aceys could look at it himself?!

:stare:

Look there was no "Negative criticism" until it got posted. I'm not complaining. I was saying elaborate. I did figure Acey may look at the topic, being that Acey did respond to the 'discussion' that this site had about IMT.
I didn't disregard any feedback. I thought Alpa's really didn't help too much (at least it was feedback, and could be built off of), but I repeatedly say Cyanide's was more helpful. And I wouldn't exactly say on Acey's behalf. Its not like I was asked to, it was a personal choice.

As to the infamous OG:
The 'attitude' isn't saying the feedback is lies. Ace was saying that people claim (check the first dozen posts in the IMT topic here) Acey doesn't listen to a word. A word cannot be heard if it isn't spoken.

Thanks for posting Acey.
#59  October 25, 2011, 04:59:14 am
You know after reading all of that feedback Arpa and Cyanide posted...

...amazing Rogue, wonderfuly programmed with great chaining, solid gameplay...

....isn't really the best thing to say.

Ignore the liars. I'm always listening. It's those who aren't afraid to speak up against the socail norm who change the world.

You won't improve with that attitude.

Sorry Gill I don't want users here discuraging feedback by saying I don't listen. I'll call that lie as it is.

What did I tell you?

I believe you said there was no critisim on the IMT thread. Good thing we have Cyanide here who knows his MvC2.
Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:03:37 am by Acey
#60  October 25, 2011, 05:01:49 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
You blew off ALL of the feedback here and also

I just got back from the Guild, and another frame thread but a bunch of users who didn't even download the character. I agree Cyanide had useful comments, just not actually useful for Rogue while sometimes even stating the facts a little off.

Sure you listened....:omg:
#61  October 25, 2011, 05:05:08 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Why would you even care aobut what gill says, he is obviously biased and you should just ignore him.
#62  October 25, 2011, 05:10:07 am
You blew off ALL of the feedback here and also

I just got back from the Guild, and another frame thread but a bunch of users who didn't even download the character. I agree Cyanide had useful comments, just not actually useful for Rogue while sometimes even stating the facts a little off.

Sure you listened....:omg:

Yeah, I'll stand by that. Cyanide had useful comments and is teaching me what I don't know. The jump velocity can easily be negated since she does not need to follow a strict MvC2 regiment. Also there were mis-statements about the combo series which I clarified on. I could not have clarified had I not understood his message.
#63  October 25, 2011, 05:10:28 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
Orochi Gill is just biased against IMT releases. If Moldredd's God Ken came from IMT, he wouldn't like it. If ZUN released his Touhou Project games in IMT, OG'd hate it all and wouldn't have big-titted avatars of its characters.
#64  October 25, 2011, 05:31:57 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
I'm fine with you running a forum acey, but I suggest you make sure people like Sanji don't act out like this, especially putting words in your mouth. Even if I don't go to IMT, I generally like to judge people from their actions, not the actions given by people speaking for them when it's not necessary.

#65  October 25, 2011, 05:54:10 am
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
- Damage dampener required; can effortlessly create 8+ hit strings from basics alone that can claim 400+ damage. (s.lp>s.lk>s.mp>s.mk>s.hk>a.lp>a.lk>a.mp>a.mk>a.hk for example)
- Seems odd that c.mk can hit grounded opponents despite kick itself being nowhere even close.
- Dive kick can be done immediately after a.hk or a.hp, actually letting you land before the downhit opponent with enough time to sneak in an extra hit.
- Dive kick has odd behaviour in corner; Rogue actually dives away from the opponent.
- Mr. Fantastic/Dhalsim inspired stretch punch can be repeated for 15 hits, taking 300 damage. If the same move is done 14 times then followed by the lvl 1 super version, it can take 553 damage total.
- Sabretooh themed super seems to be the same as the stolen special but with 20 extra damage, making it 100 total.
- Forte themed super can spam into itself with little effort, results in 36 hit combo that does 900 damage. Can be followed up with any basics, leading to a certain 100% damage combo. Even if you use just one super, you can still easily chain into a basic combo for 600+ damage with little effort.
- Zangief/Haggar super has no pause as far as I can tell. Also, s.lp>s.lk>s.mp>s.mk>super for 450 damage. Quite a bit for just a single power stock.
- Juggernault themed rock slide just moves oddly. While I am guessing it is implied to be a rolling cascade of rocks, it just really doesn't work in this current incarnation.
- Rockman/Roll themed special seems to have a bug when charging. Possible to charge and mash out command using another button in such a way that you can shoot multiple projectiles in a row just by hitting the last kick key used.
- Magneto special and super projectiles have cornerpush.
- Human Torch special can miss at point blank range on thinner opponents.
- Charlie super can combo after itself, has same issues as Forte super as it also can be followed with basics.
- Noticing quite a few stolen power sets where the super is basically just a higher damage version of the special.
#66  October 25, 2011, 06:50:53 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
see there you go acey use rolentos feedback to improve

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#67  October 25, 2011, 08:28:42 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
I apologise, i got the kick chaining wrong. You can bounce between LP and LK for up to 6 hits (No Vs character can do that. once you move to the next key the combo chain ends)

I'm not saying that chaining is bad, just that all the Vs games have chaining rules, and they're consistent. And you aren't following them at all.

The zigzag chain which most characters have for a super jump is lp>lk>mp>mk>hk/hp

You don't get to go backwards, or in a strange order lk>lp>mk>mp should not function. (in this it doesn't thankfully)

Even if this is part of a game, you need to alter and define the combo system or everything feels too much like everything else. That means setting the rules for attacks that chain and adhering to them. Really, head to gamefaqs and have a look at Djellybeans FAQ for MSHvSF, it talks about the whole combo system far better than me.

If you want your own style that's fine, but come up with some rules for it, don't just let chains occur

#68  October 25, 2011, 04:37:02 pm
I apologise, i got the kick chaining wrong. You can bounce between LP and LK for up to 6 hits (No Vs character can do that. once you move to the next key the combo chain ends)

I'm not saying that chaining is bad, just that all the Vs games have chaining rules, and they're consistent. And you aren't following them at all....

* The presidence for 6 hits is more agile characters (e.g. Spider-man MvC3) which ruins your opportunity to do a full combo leading into a launcher. I agree with you though, Rogue should have more than 3 light hit chains, actually I think I'll stick with 2. This is easly fixed by giving her a slightly longer recovery on the LP and LK.

* Regarding chains I think either you or I must be missing something, so I'd really like to focus on chaining for a second. Rogue has a very exact chaining pattern I listed in my post above. Nothing more, nothing less. This isn't even "my style", this is straight out of the MvC book (MvC2 adjusted for 6 button.) So what about this system do you think is incorrect? See explaination below:

Combo Chain 1 = LP->LK->MP->MK->Hard attack (stand, crouch or air)
Combo Chain 2 = Light->Medium->Hard (stand, crouch or air), you can skip medium if you want.
Normals Chain into Specials. Specials into Hypers.
In general you can not chain normals into stolen attacks. Most stolen attacks can not be done in the air, excpetions include Hadouken, Mega Buster and Ice Blast.

- Damage dampener required; can effortlessly create 8+ hit strings from basics alone that can claim 400+ damage. (s.lp>s.lk>s.mp>s.mk>s.hk>a.lp>a.lk>a.mp>a.mk>a.hk for example)
- Seems odd that c.mk can hit grounded opponents despite kick itself being nowhere even close.
- Dive kick can be done immediately after a.hk or a.hp, actually letting you land before the downhit opponent with enough time to sneak in an extra hit.
- Dive kick has odd behaviour in corner; Rogue actually dives away from the opponent.
- Mr. Fantastic/Dhalsim inspired stretch punch can be repeated for 15 hits, taking 300 damage. If the same move is done 14 times then followed by the lvl 1 super version, it can take 553 damage total.
- Sabretooh themed super seems to be the same as the stolen special but with 20 extra damage, making it 100 total.
- Forte themed super can spam into itself with little effort, results in 36 hit combo that does 900 damage. Can be followed up with any basics, leading to a certain 100% damage combo. Even if you use just one super, you can still easily chain into a basic combo for 600+ damage with little effort.
- Zangief/Haggar super has no pause as far as I can tell. Also, s.lp>s.lk>s.mp>s.mk>super for 450 damage. Quite a bit for just a single power stock.
- Juggernault themed rock slide just moves oddly. While I am guessing it is implied to be a rolling cascade of rocks, it just really doesn't work in this current incarnation.
- Rockman/Roll themed special seems to have a bug when charging. Possible to charge and mash out command using another button in such a way that you can shoot multiple projectiles in a row just by hitting the last kick key used.
- Magneto special and super projectiles have cornerpush.
- Human Torch special can miss at point blank range on thinner opponents.
- Charlie super can combo after itself, has same issues as Forte super as it also can be followed with basics.
- Noticing quite a few stolen power sets where the super is basically just a higher damage version of the special.

* I agree a damage dampiner is required, the damage dampiner made it into the full game version but but into this version.
* Dive kick is intentional. You want that free extra hit while grounding.
* As for the stolen attacks, this is good feedback. it ought to only take an hour to tweak the listed items and I'll post an update.
* It's true, some of the hyper sets are simply stronger versions of the stolen power, like Iceman, Magneto, etc... that was due o time constraints on the fiit release of XSC and ZVitor was able to quickly blow through the list of XSC characters by giving them super upgraded hypers. Those will be revisted at a later date as necessary.
#69  October 25, 2011, 04:48:30 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
So for everyone out there who truely wants to play an amazing Rogue, wonderfuly programmed with great chaining, solid gameplay and full of tons of extras then this is a download you won't want to miss. Ignore the liars. I'm always listening. It's those who aren't afraid to speak up against the socail norm who change the world.

That's a terrible attitude Acey.  Changing the world? A bit overreactive, dont you think?

As was ignoring Rajaa effort to cull down on the flames and then going to imt and talking about

Feedback is feedback, the timings being off makes the animation skip weirdly about, that was one piece of feedback I had given even on the fullgame back when it was first released.  if you have 4 frames and they go 2 ticks, 3 ticks, 4 ticks, 1 tick, it gives an effect of slowing down and then a quicker finisher, if you set them to 2 ticks, 2 ticks, 2 ticks, 2 ticks, the impact is gone and instead the move will feel differently. Timings matter on animation.
#70  October 25, 2011, 06:29:11 pm
That's a terrible attitude Acey.  Changing the world? A bit overreactive, dont you think?...

Feedback is feedback, the timings being off makes the animation skip weirdly about, that was one piece of feedback I had given even on the fullgame back when it was first released.  if you have 4 frames and they go 2 ticks, 3 ticks, 4 ticks, 1 tick, it gives an effect of slowing down and then a quicker finisher, if you set them to 2 ticks, 2 ticks, 2 ticks, 2 ticks, the impact is gone and instead the move will feel differently. Timings matter on animation.

@ Iced, Melodramatic sure, bad attitude, I disagree. Plaining stating "I'm always listening" to feedback against the claims that I do not is a plea to the general populous to ignore all the comments stating that I ignore feedback. I want constructive critisism that I can use to improve the programming and game play.

Re: Timing, I must have missed that part in this thread, nor do I set my aniamtions to any one digit across the board. I give consistent attention to start up time, hit frame and recovery time. According to the example given above I must ask, "did you download the character?" and "where did you see any such issues as you stated in the character?"
#71  October 25, 2011, 06:32:09 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
You were quoted saying your char was great and well-made, and I quoted you at IMT saying they never downloaded it and they were all wrong, and you have the audacity to come here and say you had a good attitude?

Thanks Ace. Got a lot of stuff in there I couldn't quite explain on my own. Sorry if it turned into a bit of a war. Now I know how world conflicts start. ;*))

I appreciate that you called them out for doing exctly what they were doing, which was bashing without useful feedback. I know it's not easy to step in there and speak your mind always with that crowd.

The plot thickens...
Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 06:36:59 pm by Orochi Gill
#72  October 25, 2011, 06:54:33 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

VAN A SEGUIR CON LA MISMA MIERDA????

I don't have anything against you Acey, but here's my two cents...
I been following this thread and noticed that every single piece of feedback from most users is indeed a valuable piece to fixing issues with your Rogue.
Stop being stubborn about your mistakes in your creation, you are not perfect...I learned this too when I was being a little whinny dick about this kind of thing a few years ago cause other people are right sometimes.
Forget the bashing and naysaying and just be a man and fix your shit.

Otherwise, people will just continue to play with seemingly upgraded versions of Kong's creations, which as we all know are nicely animated but horribly coded and very very rushed.

That's it. bye.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#73  October 25, 2011, 07:07:03 pm
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
Acey, I'm also sorry about saying your Rouge is worse than Kong's. But you can't always say your character is great because it takes a lot of time to make something decent or make it better than any other creation on IMT.
#74  October 25, 2011, 07:10:00 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Ow wow, I see this thread has a clone here :P

I read the whole thread, too, and it's the same-ol' story: IMT char being released, people getting serious feedback, a white-knight guy definding it, people labeling this as "more IMT shit", and again Acey just defending his stuff taking the feedback as attacks and "shit" comment-like...

I want to ask to the people who played with Rogue (and the same Acey who made it): is this like Buyog's Parasite, that has the same power of absorving and emulating powers?? I mean, I think it should be a comparision between both chars

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#75  October 25, 2011, 08:02:41 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+

VAN A SEGUIR CON LA MISMA MIERDA????

I don't have anything against you Acey, but here's my two cents...
I been following this thread and noticed that every single piece of feedback from most users is indeed a valuable piece to fixing issues with your Rogue.
Stop being stubborn about your mistakes in your creation, you are not perfect...I learned this too when I was being a little whinny dick about this kind of thing a few years ago cause other people are right sometimes.
Forget the bashing and naysaying and just be a man and fix your shit.

Otherwise, people will just continue to play with seemingly upgraded versions of Kong's creations, which as we all know are nicely animated but horribly coded and very very rushed.

That's it. bye.

Agreed. MaxBeta made a good point here. I've seen plenty of other forum threads pertaining to feedback, and from what I think, ANY of Sean Altly's posts are great examples. Sean's threads go through plenty of discussion without too many problems even if there are whirlwinds of debate. And if shit hits the fan, its usually overcome through leveling words, and thoughts, out (case in point, Jin Kazama's thread). Generally speaking (I'm being diplomatic as possible here), I think people need to stop becomming overly defensive and one sided in any argument. It's plain silly actually.

Take feedback for what it's worth and improve as a whole from it.

Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 09:25:47 pm by Saikoro
#76  October 25, 2011, 09:06:18 pm

I'm all for the feedback, no problem there. I'm sure you read my comments above. As a matter of fact thanks to Rolento's proper use of feedback I actually have some usable actions items.

@ Basara: I wrote this out a few pages back now but Rogue steals 1 special, 1 hyper, 1 attribute (life, speed, defense, etc...) and at times changes colors. This is for the 50 different characters programmed in at this time. For everyone else in mugen she only steals an attribute.
#77  October 25, 2011, 09:41:22 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
No, what we're saying is, feedback is feedback. You gonna ignore every piece of feedback that contains "fuck," "shit," "piss," "damn," or, god forbid, "bad," or, "TERRIBLE?"

Or do we actually have to know the system inside and out like Cyanide does in order to give you feedback? Great, you just eliminated like 98% of all feedback you could possibly get.

Coding and playing are two different things, and that's why you have to listen to both types of people. Just because you can code doesn't mean you know how to play, and just because you know how to play doesn't mean you can code.
Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 09:45:13 pm by Jesuszilla
#78  October 25, 2011, 09:53:14 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Acey, my example about animation comes from all the coments about the basics being wrong, the animation being out of sync was a problem with the beta versions which I have tested( in the previous full release of the x-men game) . I have not , nor will I beta test this new version in detail, i dont have the time.
When that problem is pinpointed by others i was pointing out that i had previously spoke about it, and then gave an example of why that would be important, I am not saying that you have frames that go uniformly, but you had frames that werent animated with the same timing as the original animators, if you fixed them or not, thats up to you to know, but your reaction being like this , claiming that its only flaming and etc when rajaa himself was stopping flamers and you had a person white knighting around like an asshole trying to dictate which feedbacks should be had or not is a really bad move.

I said my piece and Ive helped you in what I can, if you want to ignore feedback or to send people to "control that crowd" then that's beyond what I can do to help.
Peace
#79  October 25, 2011, 10:32:46 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
No, what we're saying is, feedback is feedback. You gonna ignore every piece of feedback that contains "fuck," "shit," "piss," "damn," or, god forbid, "bad," or, "TERRIBLE?"

actualy yes, fuck them; if they can't deliver feedback decently they should go fuck themselves.
#80  October 26, 2011, 12:14:01 am
  • Q
Wow, with rolento's feedback I am actually very happy that I did this, even if it rattled more than a few cages. See, thats how I always see these great little threads of feedback.
#81  October 26, 2011, 12:22:20 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Okay, im banning your ass for being stupid, white knighting on purpose and trying to instill drama. We dont need people trying to moderate threads like you did and specially to keep posting as you are posting.

SEEYA
#82  October 26, 2011, 12:37:27 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
One less White Knight in this forum. Yaaaaaay! Now there's only one left, whose name ends in 79.

Now seriously, people should stop coming to forums to defend creations. If there's a point that isn't really valid in that feedback (like an error not happening even though it was said to happen or a recommendation made by the feedbacker that you don't agree) then there's no problem having a decent and normal discussion about it. But when you go to the point of only rejecting it because you think it's really cool and your opinion is the absolute truth, then such people can just go create their fanbase outside the thread, because they're not helping anyone.
Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 12:49:54 am by Nanashi_1337
#83  October 26, 2011, 08:06:58 am
  • Green Knight LVL 94
Ugh, he couldn't just let it go, I went and got Acey in but he HAD to keep going. Whatcha gonna do I guess.

\\\"Nothing justifies 5ing burning cats, Not Even Doom Music.\\\" - Titanium-Gecko
#84  October 26, 2011, 12:50:24 pm
I like the character how it is and I'm looking forward for updates that will improve the game play! As for the character been too strong her name is "Rogue" and she is supposed to be I guess people see a character like "Juggernaut Too Strong. Stop been a bunch of girls and play a character that actually gives you a challenge. 

Acey hope you consider the feed back that is helpfull to becoming better at what you do

see you later softies ;)
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#85  October 26, 2011, 01:29:39 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
How about you read the thread too? Perhaps you will understand the reason why we're complaining. Because your comment above clearly indicates you didn't do that.
#86  October 26, 2011, 01:37:57 pm
I like the character how it is and I'm looking forward for updates that will improve the game play! As for the character been too strong her name is "Rogue" and she is supposed to be I guess people see a character like "Juggernaut Too Strong. Stop been a bunch of girls and play a character that actually gives you a challenge. 

Acey hope you consider the feed back that is helpfull to becoming better at what you do

see you later softies ;)
quit being an idiot

GOH

#87  October 26, 2011, 01:41:03 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
I like the character how it is and I'm looking forward for updates that will improve the game play!
If you like the character how it is, then why do you want updates? ;)
#88  October 26, 2011, 02:00:25 pm
I well understand what is been discussed here and been reading all of the post about improvements that could be added to make the character work better, animate better etc.. Feed back is good thing even if the delivery of it sounded harsh or mean, so me not understanding technical aspects is no issue here. 

Feed back like trash cannot help anyone learn or apperciate anything.  I always will look forward for updates but I also sometimes keep the previous version and compare both. Me liking it as it is does not mean that is perfect as it is just means this is ok for now but I will download an updated version of it

Lastly me saying "Stop been a bunch of girls and play a character that actually gives you a challenge" is a joke and me been stupid silly but i also believe users do not like to play hard characters that can be beaten.

Good gaming!
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#89  October 26, 2011, 02:09:01 pm
    • Thailand
You're trying to sound enlightened, righteous and encouraging while at the same time saying you don't like the character the way it is. You have a bias for The Infinity Mugen Team, therefore, you have to express your dismay with the character in a way that conceals said dismay because you also have a bias against anyone who has a problem with anything to do with The Infinity Mugen Team.

The two ideas of dismay and self-righteousness conflict with each other, and the end result of their conflict is a stupid, useless post that (if not before yesterday, then beginning yesterday) always ends up in a ban.

You don't get to insult people and then claim it is a joke. It doesn't work like that. Not only did you insult people by calling everyone who posted in the topic a "girl," but  you implied that only girls voice their opinion about things that they have problems with, and that is sexist and stupid.

Yeah, better stop posting here, Abls1. Thanks for reporting the topic, but that's pretty much all you have done here that's worth anything.
#90  October 27, 2011, 03:25:56 am
  • El Sanguif es mas macho!
I have mostly given up on IMT, with rare exceptions. But I decided to check this Rogue out because of all the drama of this thread.

I don't mind the stance. Rogue is actually quite powerful, so she can stand how she wants. IMO it does not look choppy. Plus, it's a minor sprite edit. It's not as bad as other truly grotesque examples of Frankenspriting from IMT. I don't recognize the 2nd costume. Is it supposed to mean something? I find the jacket falling off very neat. I don't have a problem with the vels. She's certainly quicker than other Rogues I've used, but it's not a dealbreaker for me. I'm not sure why she can randomly pull off other chars' moves even when they are not there for her to touch them. The special and hyper moves work fine in practice and vs cpu. Has anyone had a problem vs a human? Simple chain combos, (ex. LP->MP->HP), Launchers and aerial combos work smoothly. The throw looks fine. The FX look fine. The sounds sound fine. I don't know about debug. I usually don't turn it on unless the char is acting really bad. This char seems actually decently made. I looked at the def file and was very surprised to see it's by Acey. Other Acey chars I've used are not nearly this good. I heard some people mention that the base for this was Kong's Rogue. I'm not sure how to verify that, or what difference it makes. I like this Rogue, so it might be a keeper. HOWEVER, this is the exception from IMT, not the rule.

I hope this was useful feedback.
#91  October 27, 2011, 12:45:59 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
I'm with you Buster. On one hand, I totally understand what all the fuss pertaining to IMT is about. And on the other hand, I like this Rogue. She handles pretty well, and that's what counts most to me. As much as I usually stray away from IMT's releases, Rogue is one of those rare exceptions.

As far as her costumes go, I think her green one is based off of het recent comic shennanigens. I could be wrong there....

#92  October 29, 2011, 12:56:53 am
Good idea, poor execution. I do however expect it to become a great character in the next months.
#93  October 29, 2011, 06:05:47 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
Acey, i so appreciate the efforts of IMT's releases everytime but the problem i see is you guys release (and have released) so many chars that in the end, you can't seem to focus on "crafting" one (read: taking all the feedback in consideration/tweaking & correcting all the bugs), which results in the chars usually being betas/not being polished for a long time & just having potential...

and as much as i find drama entertaining, it starts to become fucking boring
#94  October 30, 2011, 02:37:16 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico

I tried her, she did not live up to that, at all.  :(
#95  November 04, 2011, 10:41:23 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
This Rogue is not compatible with my Batman, I am disappoint !!! >:(

More seriously, if you want me to post a huge bunch of triggers for power stealing, just ask.

Stance is well animated, and doesn't seem too out of place to me.
As for general gameplay, I won't add anything to what others said. I can't be specific about the vels and all, but most of them feel a weird, resulting in the character not feeling great.
#96  November 04, 2011, 09:51:25 pm
  • Q
Acey just got a few power steals in now. Said others would be added in later, even stretching so far as DBZ chars, and likely all comic ones and all Sean Alty's stuff.
#97  November 04, 2011, 09:56:29 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Why would you add anything new if you haven't corrected what you already have?
#98  November 04, 2011, 10:01:06 pm
    • France
Acey just got a few power steals in now.
Rogue is compatible with some Batman characters, but he didn't add enough triggers to make her compatible with all of them, my Batman included. It's not about adding more powers steals, it's about having more character interaction by detecting more potential oponents for compatibility.
#99  November 05, 2011, 03:21:59 pm
  • Q
Acey just got a few power steals in now.
Rogue is compatible with some Batman characters, but he didn't add enough triggers to make her compatible with all of them, my Batman included. It's not about adding more powers steals, it's about having more character interaction by detecting more potential oponents for compatibility.

Oh, I didn't notice that other Batmen worked. Gotcha.
#100  November 21, 2011, 12:35:50 am
  • Rawr!
wow about 5 pages full of flame/actual feedback and useless comments lol.. Acey its about time someone worked on a power stealing rogue.. that puts u ahead of most of the rogue creators out there.. i believe thats wat u probably meant with ur rogue being great.. and it is but with that being said i think u should take onboard wat some ppl are saying about ur character and start working on making her more than just great.. i see alot of potential in this creation.. it could be with alot of hard work .. dare i say it.. the perfect rogue.. good luck.
#101  November 23, 2011, 03:53:55 pm
    • France
Other Rogues released 10 years ago already stole powers you know...
#102  November 23, 2011, 03:58:03 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
#103  November 23, 2011, 09:19:23 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
it could be with alot of hard work .. dare i say it.. the perfect rogue...

All I can think to say to that quote is :pwnonk:

It's not the best one out there, but it is decent. If I knew how to code, I'd gladly fix most of her velocities.