YesNoOk

Ikemen Plus (Read 792290 times)

Started by ShinLucho, November 20, 2017, 12:45:35 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen Plus
#61  December 12, 2017, 07:43:31 am
I fixed the stage of Legion by increasing the values of "boundleft" and "boundright" in the .def-data of the stage. The same method is working for the stage of Slogra, Gaibon and Beelzebub by OMEGAPSYCHO. This stage need an increase for "boundhigh" too. Some stages need a different zoom value too. (Example: Stage of Phalanx needs 0.6 instead of 0.5 in Ikemen.)

But it seems to me that these issues are solvable. The only issue, which I can't solve are partly missing stage graphics in the stages of Cerberus, Crocomire, Ovnunu, Phalanx and Ryukotsuki. The layers are probably the solution here. Legion, Slogra, Gaibon and Beelzebub are playable without issues, if you apply these little changes.

I hope that OMEGAPSYCHO himself will have a look at this issue, if time permits.
Thanks for testing. Did you try winmugen versions of his characters? Maybe those will have less issues.

------------

new update that fixes all known issues is up on Github.

v0.2 Changelog:
- automatic stage zoom adjustment based on stage DEF file data if present (zoomout, zoomin)
- fixed zoomMin, zoomMax, zoomSpeed parameters in select.def
- [Characters] section of select.def now accepts stages declarations even outside stages directory
- fixed randomselect feature
- looping music plugin added to the package
- fixed character's arcade intro and ending storyboards playback
- fixed music playback for stages added via [Characters] section of select.def

------------

With these changes select.def installation instructions in OMEGAPSYCHO characters are valid also for ikemen (no need to adjust zoom level, stage can be inside character's dir, all optional parameters work). As mentioned before his boss characters are not fully compatibile with the engine though.
Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:02:29 am by K4thos
#62  December 12, 2017, 11:16:32 am
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
GREAT.... thank you for hard work in this v0.2
#63  December 12, 2017, 06:32:36 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Its possible to change the localcoord so you can use lifebars from higher resolutions?

Edit

How do I put sound on the main menu, char select, versus, and victory screen?
Lasagna
Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 12:52:34 am by -Ash-
#64  December 12, 2017, 10:33:30 pm
    • Brazil
Its possible to change the localcoord so you can use lifebars from higher resolutions?

good question...
and is it possible to change the resolution?
arcade for example, 400x254
#65  December 13, 2017, 11:24:12 am
    • tusulan@googlemail.com
As mentioned before his boss characters are not fully compatibile with the engine though.
I fixed the stages of Cerberus, Crocomire, Ovnunu, Phalanx and Ryukotsuki!

You can read the following line in common.ssz (line 390):

if(`stg.boundhigh > 0) `boundH += (float)`stg.boundhigh * `stg.localscl;

This defines the case if "boundhigh" is higher than zero, but there is no case defined if "boundhigh" is lower than zero!

After I noticed that, I added the following line above 390:

if(`stg.boundhigh < 0) `boundH += (float)`stg.boundhigh / `stg.localscl;

When you lower the value of "boundhigh" in the .def-data of the stages after adding this line, they are fully compatible.
#66  December 13, 2017, 02:11:06 pm
    • Brazil
Can you help me with this? I can't launch the build. When try to it says this : script/main.lua:221: attempt to index local 'file' (a nil value)
#67  December 13, 2017, 02:39:47 pm
    • Brazil
    • zero800@oi.com.br
This project is getting really cool, I found a site with S-SIZE documentation that might be useful to you.

http://wishdream.org/s-size/

I wish it was possible to switch char with each new round in "turns" and "simul" mode.
*Chars remaining for "turns".
Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 02:50:51 pm by Zero800
#68  December 13, 2017, 02:51:21 pm
    • tusulan@googlemail.com
Can you help me with this? I can't launch the build. When try to it says this : script/main.lua:221: attempt to index local 'file' (a nil value)
If you get asked the question "Would you like to start the conversion?", you should answer "Yes, do it now." to avoid this error.
#69  December 13, 2017, 05:13:25 pm
How do I put sound on the main menu, char select, versus, and victory screen?
What kind of sound? You can add music with this lua function that should be put inside corresponding loop:
Code:
playBGM('path_to_your_file.mp3')

This defines the case if "boundhigh" is higher than zero, but there is no case defined if "boundhigh" is lower than zero!

When you lower the value of "boundhigh" in the .def-data of the stages after adding this line, they are fully compatible.
Unfortunately this can't be implemented like this since the change breaks other stages. See yourself: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kth6s6v4x78jjfs/I.K.E.M.E.N%2013.12.2017%2016_54_42.mp4?dl=1

This project is getting really cool, I found a site with S-SIZE documentation that might be useful to you.
Nice find :)

you can change resolution in options screen. More resolution options and a way to set one by hand will be added in the next update (edit: you can also modify resolution in ssz/config.ssz).

Not for screenpacks (see point 4 of this post). As for lifebars, no idea. You can install different mugen lifebar yourself to check it out. Simply open 'script/data_sav.lua' file in notepad and adjust this line with correct path to your lifebar:
Code:
data.lifebar = 'data/gms_lifebar/fight.def'
Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 05:35:41 pm by K4thos
#70  December 13, 2017, 05:41:25 pm
    • tusulan@googlemail.com

Unfortunately this can't be implemented like this since this change breaks other stages. See yourself: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kth6s6v4x78jjfs/I.K.E.M.E.N%2013.12.2017%2016_54_42.mp4?dl=1
It can be implemented. The engine is considering the negative "boundhigh" value in the .def-data. Change the "boundhigh" value from -22 to 0 and the stage is fixed.
#71  December 13, 2017, 05:42:17 pm
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505
If you put in an invalid input (which is surprisingly easy to do), IKEMEN will crash and will keep crashing on startup until you go into the files manually and undo your changes.
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
#72  December 13, 2017, 05:57:32 pm
    • Brazil
If you get asked the question "Would you like to start the conversion?", you should answer "Yes, do it now." to avoid this error.

Then i get this error: script/parser.lua:661:cannot open file 'tools/wip/Kung_Fu_Man/s-sff.def' (No such file or directory)
#73  December 13, 2017, 06:27:20 pm
  • What do you think is the reason of my death?
    • Vietnam
sorry for my bad english
is it possible to choose what kind of enemy to fight in coop mode like "single" and "turn" instead of just "simul" mode?
and thank you for your great work in this version :3
#74  December 13, 2017, 06:49:48 pm
is it possible to choose what kind of enemy to fight in coop mode like "single" and "turn" instead of just "simul" mode?
No yet, but this feature will be added in the next version.

Then i get this error: script/parser.lua:661:cannot open file 'tools/wip/Kung_Fu_Man/s-sff.def' (No such file or directory)
no idea, maybe try redownloading the package

If you put in an invalid input (which is surprisingly easy to do), IKEMEN will crash and will keep crashing on startup until you go into the files manually and undo your changes.
which input in particular? I will see if some check can be implemented.
#75  December 13, 2017, 07:14:49 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
What kind of sound? You can add music with this lua function that should be put inside corresponding loop:
Code:
playBGM('path_to_your_file.mp3')
Could you please tell me where exactly I place this? I tried pasting at the end of the main menu section, but didn't work, and made it extremely laggy.

Not for screenpacks (see point 4 of this post). As for lifebars, no idea. You can install different mugen lifebar yourself to check it out.

This is what happens when I use a 640x480 lifebar on Ikemen.
Lasagna
Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 11:00:39 pm by -Ash-
#76  December 13, 2017, 09:05:24 pm
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505
which input in particular? I will see if some check can be implemented.
, . / ; and ' are examples. If you type in COMMA, PERIOD, SLASH, SEMICOLON, and APOSTROPHE they function but I feel having it respond to the individual digits as well would be useful.
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 05:05:39 pm by jenngra505
#77  December 13, 2017, 11:41:23 pm
    • Brazil
I tried something. I moved the chars to a new folder i created with the name of wip in the tools folder as it said that that there was no 'such file or directory' there and the message to check the characters and sprites no longer appears. And i still get the other error i mentioned. Weird.
#78  December 14, 2017, 12:23:23 am
#79  December 14, 2017, 03:13:10 am
    • Brazil

I have just commited a fix to this error. Try this version:
https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen-Plus/tree/b70102392a871a109212ac3dd4e8d5e9fc37bdbe

You won't see char's portraits on select screen, but I want to see if this fixs those crashes at least.

Yeah, it worked. Thanks for the fix.
#80  December 14, 2017, 11:31:26 am
    • Brazil
you can change resolution in options screen. More resolution options and a way to set one by hand will be added in the next update (edit: you can also modify resolution in ssz/config.ssz).

Yes, this works perfectly

but today I tested the ikemen on another computer ... windows 7 64
and this error occurs: the screen turns black .... the commands and sounds work, but no graphics
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

may have some relation with opengl mode, something like this?