YesNoOk

DC Television Universe Discussion Thread (Read 266364 times)

Started by Retro Respecter, May 14, 2015, 11:21:37 pm
Share this topic:
Re: DC Television Universe Discussion Thread
#121  March 30, 2016, 03:06:21 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Easily my favorite episode of Flash this season...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#122  March 30, 2016, 04:36:58 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
There needs to be a Crisis type event that gets Supergirl and Flash in the same universe. I don't care how confusing and impractical that would be, goddammit. That team-up was aces and I need more!
#123  April 10, 2016, 08:01:33 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

Bea

#124  April 10, 2016, 09:45:40 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Finding an actress to fill that bra would be a challenge, but I'd be so down for a DCTU Power Girl series with proper humour set in the same universe as The Flash.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#125  April 11, 2016, 04:28:07 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
she'll wear an outfit without cleavage, but that still shwos that she has huge breasts. the joke will be that the breasts are part of the outfit.
#126  April 22, 2016, 12:00:26 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Apparently the girl that does Supergirl was doing adult modelling before and the images have resurfaced, leading people into frothing outrage as they are trying to get dc to remove her for being " a bad example for little girls", Doubt they are going to get somewhere but I could be wrong.
#127  April 22, 2016, 12:08:49 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
can I have a link to the photos please? need to research the matter
#128  April 22, 2016, 12:10:32 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
No.
Keep it in your pants!!
#129  April 22, 2016, 12:23:58 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
HHHHHHHGNNNNNN

Time for sum professional google fu maneuvers!
#130  April 22, 2016, 02:49:13 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
this is nitta emi all over again!

except instead of angry fans we get angry soccer moms

Bea

#131  April 22, 2016, 03:25:53 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I am almost sure Warner was aware of that when they hired her.
And for a woman that pretty, easy way to make some money to pay college tuition is do some adult modelling. Doesn't surprise me the least, and I do hope Warner stick to her. She is the best Supergirl to date.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

#132  May 07, 2016, 05:44:05 am
    • USA
Supergirl hasn't been officially renewed yet, but it's a pretty safe bet. That said, there are currently some budget cuts being discussed right now. Even though the series is a big hit for CBS (it's their #1 new drama and IIRC overall their 3rd highest rated show) it costs a shitton of money to produce the show. One of the biggest budget problems is that it films in California (instead of the much cheaper Vancouver, where the Flash, Arrow, and pretty much every other sci-fi show films), so there's a very strong push to move production to Canada, which would open up a lot more crossover opportunities!
#133  May 09, 2016, 02:40:45 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Budget shouldn't matter if it is this good.

Bea

#134  May 09, 2016, 02:57:49 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I do hope the show is renewed for a second season.
It is a delight to watch a member of the El Family actually thrive and enjoy saving lives and inspire hope instead of demolishing an entire city and kill hundreds of thousands of people and then be afraid of, you know, smiling and saving people.

#135  May 10, 2016, 01:40:09 am
    • USA
Are you still reeling from the modern Superman movies?
#136  May 10, 2016, 04:45:27 pm
no, she is reffering to the 1950's serials

Bea

#137  May 13, 2016, 01:10:00 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/05/12/breaking-news-supergirls-coming-back-for-season-2

And the currently best representative (because saving people rather than killing and terrorising them is fun and entertaining) of the house of El got her show renewed. And it will be moved to The CW. The show will live along The Flash and Arrow.
HOORAY! But we don't have the CW here... :( I do hope they air it on Warner Channel like they've done with the first season.

#138  May 13, 2016, 04:39:08 am
well that's a good thing, i haven't really watched supergirl (except for that flash episode) but i'm still interested in it. might check it out once this season of flash ends and i have nothing to watch on tuesdays.

the only problem is that even if they are on the same channel they still won't be able to crossover (or not that easily) since it was already stablished that both series take place in completely different universes (but i'm sure they figuer something out)
But we don't have the CW here... :( I do hope they air it on Warner Channel like they've done with the first season.
we don't have CW over here either and supergirl airs on the warner channel as well, i'm sure they'll keep her in the same channel so no worries
#139  May 13, 2016, 09:55:52 am
    • USA
The move to The CW should (hopefully) allow the show to be a bit riskier and not make things so broad and procedural (CBS has a reputation for that type of shows, and guides the shows its airs to fit in that milleu). The only worry I had about it moving to Vancouver was that Calista Flockhart might not join the rest of the cast in the move (and indeed, the news out today say she was reluctant to make the move) but thankfully they were able to work things out and she'll stay on. I was pretty cold on Cat Grant in the first few episodes, but she very quickly became one of my favorite characters on the show, so I'm really relieved she's staying on!
#140  May 13, 2016, 04:06:04 pm
    • USA
I agree. Cat Grant came out as stuck-up and obnoxious. It was because of Supergirl that she changed so drastically.