YesNoOk

DC Television Universe Discussion Thread (Read 268385 times)

Started by Retro Respecter, May 14, 2015, 11:21:37 pm
Share this topic:
Re: DC Television Universe Discussion Thread
#241  May 18, 2017, 09:55:53 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Very much not into Black Lightning using a dude as a human shield, but otherwise looks pretty fun!
#242  May 18, 2017, 11:00:06 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
Looks pretty cool, so since it's a CW show, we can expect crossovers with The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of tomorrow right?
#243  May 18, 2017, 11:22:00 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
The DC TV folks have denied the idea of any crossovers right now, and are currently saying the same things about Black Lightning as they were about Supergirl about said crossovers: "there won't be any crossovers" and "it's in a separate universe", etc.

Buuuuuuuuut we all know how that worked out for Supergirl. The only real complicating factor is that Black Lightning is shooting in Atlanta, while all the other DC shows on The CW shoot in Vancouver, which makes crossovers much much easier to pull off; of course, season one of Supergirl shot in LA, but still managed to have the Flash guest star on an episode. The different filming locations would probably make it difficult for Black Lightning to take place in those big 4-part crossovers between all the currently airing DC shows, but it wouldn't stop a few characters from Black Lightning from appearing in said 4-part crossovers. They just wouldn't be able to do the kinds of crossovers where you have nearly of of the casts from all the various shows interacting with eachother, it's just too much of a logistical headache.
#244  May 31, 2017, 07:27:40 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
The latest season finales were a bit depressing & shocking.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Some of these last minute scenes in the finales set up the next threat for the future properly. Others leave you hanging until the next season. My only hope is that while the villains may have won the war (and paid for their sins), the heroes learn from these senseless mistakes that they made from their respective seasons.
#245  June 06, 2017, 04:11:43 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Maan, Gotham went for it tonight! They basically made a finale just in case they didn't get picked up:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Can't wait for next season!
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#246  December 03, 2017, 10:28:17 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
#247  December 04, 2017, 03:03:33 am
    • USA
I wonder how the rest of the cast will look like.
#248  January 31, 2018, 01:23:23 am
"Metropolis" series coming late 2019 on the upcoming DC streaming service, a "prequel to Superman", about Lois and Lex Luthor... by the Gotham people. Interest killed.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#249  February 01, 2018, 04:21:02 pm
    • USA
This sounds like a sequel to Smallville.
#250  February 01, 2018, 04:39:48 pm
In spirit maybe, but not officially. Didn't Lex die in Smallville at some point ? Or did he come back ?
And then there's the fact that the Gotham people want to make Metropolis gritty, justifying that by pushing Clark/Superman out of the show (maybe with a few appearances here and there popping up from Texas) and focusing the story on Lex and Lois.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#251  February 01, 2018, 05:42:02 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Lex made an appearance in the final episode of Snellville, resurrected with a noticeable bald cap

He made a good speech though, it was the one bright spot in that finale
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#252  April 14, 2018, 11:25:50 am
I completely gave up on Arrow a while back but I kept an eye on Legends from time to time. And man, that finale completely sold me. Now that's how you really claim a definite identity for your show (after three seasons, about time). Move over Firestorm tragic drama, proto-Vixen romantic drama, we have the huge demon lord body-slammed into a heart-shaped explosion by a giant fluffy plush. Don't just have everyone tell the Legends how terrible and reckless they are for no reason, actually make something awesome dumb ! Maybe Constantine is what finally makes this whole TV universe stop taking itself too seriously. (shagging Sarah in the toilets of a mental asylum was a nice start)
Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 11:57:25 am by Byakko
Titans TV trailer
#253  July 19, 2018, 04:11:54 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa

Uhh...
#254  July 19, 2018, 04:24:08 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
WTF is this!
#255  July 19, 2018, 05:22:06 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

And I thought hooker Starfire was the worst of it.  :behead:
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#256  July 19, 2018, 07:41:51 pm
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
What...no why  :S
I need more PSN friends
#257  July 19, 2018, 08:39:37 pm
>fuck Batman
>blood everywhere
So mature.
Raven goes from comic book goth to plain dumb "leaky ink" goth.
#258  July 20, 2018, 03:39:26 pm
    • USA
We all see these things. They aren't permanent. Watch! The next season will probably have more comic book accurate costumes.
#259  July 20, 2018, 03:57:26 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 02:31:08 am by Foobs
#260  July 20, 2018, 06:12:50 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I've said this on Twitter, but it's hasn't been said here...

The original Teen Titans cartoon is the middle ground on the scale here. It's what everyone knows and remembers... Teen Titans Go! is when you take the scale towards a more goofier aspect. You still have action based moments, but 75% of the show is humor based. It should also be noted that Go! wasn't intended for the original fan base of the older cartoon... it was aimed at the younger generation.

Titans is when you take the scale in the completely opposite direction. It's a world of grim dark crap with Robin, of all people, using the 'F' bomb and Starfire actually fire based powers and melting people... look, I get the feeling that this series would cause far more alienation to the old fan base then Go! ever could.