YesNoOk

Do you have an idea for a comic book series? Because I do. (Read 6425 times)

Started by D. HoChoy, March 09, 2017, 10:42:37 pm
Share this topic:
Do you have an idea for a comic book series? Because I do.
#1  March 09, 2017, 10:42:37 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
Re: Do you have an idea for a comic book series? Because I do.
#2  March 09, 2017, 10:49:33 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
As someone that successfully created 11 issues of my own comic I can safely tell you that you don't pitch a comic by concept. You make the comic and let it speak for yourself.

Reading your concept tells me very little about your story or your characters. No one will know if it has any substance or is interesting until they see it running.

If you need help I can guide you on tips to making comics and the best places to feature them.
#3  March 09, 2017, 11:13:14 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
^Solid points.

As for places to feature them, I thought maybe the same place the Devon Legacy (^his comic book), was featured, The Duck Webcomics. I can't really tell you about how good it is, but since the Devon Legacy was featured there, I can assume its a good place to start.

Good luck with your idea.

This is a generic forum signature.
#4  March 09, 2017, 11:22:41 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
The duck isn't what it was back when I started but I'd still highly recommend it for the community alone. It has without a doubt the best community of all the options. The actual hosting itself is a little rocky now but improving. I'm not sure if you can do your own HTML yet. When I started you could, then the site was sold and new owners thought they'd strip everything away and make it all locked behind paywalls.

However they put all their resources into Cowboys vs Aliens to be a hit and it flopped horribly. So the site was abandoned as the company was shrunk down to like 1 or 2 guys.

Me and the admin Ozone Ocean was finally able to get them to agree to let us (community) pay for hosting and pay for upgrades. So updgrades come slowly but now it's 100% community owned. Heck I'm still admin there and have access to the server there. I implemented a few upgrades myself :p
#5  April 06, 2017, 05:12:58 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
Geo-jin and Humans (male)

A drawing displaying the difference between a male Geo-jin and a male human. My art's not the best but I'm learning.
#6  April 06, 2017, 06:01:58 pm
where do your characters breath from? and why do they only have one eye? what sort of evolutionary benefit did they gain from that?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#7  April 06, 2017, 07:15:51 pm
does it really matter? go do it put whatever dumb ideas you got it's your comic if it turns out good then you're lucky nobody's first work is a master piece.
you gonna hire someone to draw for you or you gonna start small and make novel-like stories first?

geo-jin ha i get it. word play on earthling.
#8  April 06, 2017, 09:19:35 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
cool,I suggest listening  Most Epic Battle Musics on youtube,it increases creativity
#9  April 07, 2017, 01:44:21 am
  • all is love in fair and war
I don't write my own script, but I do make page per page frame breakdown planning from other's script before drawing, something like:

Frame1 (top left)
zoom character A face, the other two characters in the background

Frame 2 (top right)
forrest in fire, from distant, elevated
blah blah

then I draw on A4 in pencil

and scan them and edit them in PS

#10  April 28, 2017, 03:50:48 am
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
I don't write my own script, but I do make page per page frame breakdown planning from other's script before drawing, something like:

Frame1 (top left)
zoom character A face, the other two characters in the background

Frame 2 (top right)
forrest in fire, from distant, elevated
blah blah

then I draw on A4 in pencil

and scan them and edit them in PS

That's amazing stuff right there!

Anyways...

Geo-jin and Human (female)

A drawing displaying the difference between a female Geo-jin and a female human. Again, my art's not the best but I'm learning.