YesNoOk

Old Character Threads (Read 106446 times)

Started by Sean Altly, July 03, 2008, 04:55:31 am
Re: Character Thread: Kane Kelly
#61  April 02, 2009, 02:45:42 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
It's a pink background. :ninja:

More seriously, looks very interesting. I think it would have been nice to add a move where he absorbs dark energy from his ennemy, draining his power or making him weaker. But anyway, original work with awesome sprites. I'll be waiting for the release. :)
Re: Character Thread: Kane Kelly
#62  April 03, 2009, 04:16:14 am
  • SNK is life
Character Thread: Wyldestar (Now With Video!)
#63  April 10, 2009, 10:52:18 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly

Height: 5'3''
Weight: 120 lbs.

Abilities: Leigh has a natural animal-like quality due to prolonged exposure to them, since studying the habits of animals, especially felines, is one of her favorite hobbies. The SHADEs Project gave her super-human senses and awareness to compliment that. Her main power however is her ability to manifest bright, concussive, star-like energy, which she uses as an offensive weapon.

Bio: Wyldestar is one of the many other previously unrevealed subjects of the SHADEs Project. She's a close friend of Bloodtide's, and the only person who knew about her *SHADEs 1 spoiler* CIA involvement. She has extensively studied animals (felines specifically) and aside from that hobby, is a total slacker and party girl. She doesn't approve of Bloodtide's government affiliation but remains close to her.

Before the SHADEs project, Wyldestar had lost track of her work with animals and had descended into a wild, drug-fueled world of raves and all-night parties. She was captured one night when she wandered away from one of these parties and into the cold streets because of a negative reaction to some acid she'd been given. When she escaped after the Kane Kelly Incident, she remained a fun-loving party girl but swore off hallucinogenics. She now fights alongside her friends (Snow, Bloodtide, Sabotage, and Adamas) to remain free from Maddicorp's grasp.

Screenshots:

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GdQU8qypw4

Gameplay:

Wyldestar is meant to be fairly unpredictable. She is fast, almost as fast as Vesper, and can cover distances quickly due to her very long jump distance (the farthest in the game). She has a few different offensive options that cover many different ranges. A key to using her effectively is utilizing the Star Shine's multiple directions. Her LP version has the longest range and requires a low guard to be blocked, making it the best option. The MP version has decent range and is a tad faster than the LP and HP versions, but has no knockdown (though it is vital in many combos involving Supers). Her HP version is an anti-air move, though you'll be tempted to use her Crescent Star Kick for aerial opponents. Both are effective, though the CSK will sometimes miss due to it being mainly designed for frontal assaults. Her supers are strong and have great range, making her a decently balanced character.

Special Moves:

--Star Shine - D,DF,F,P
   Leigh creates a sonic wave of starry energy. MP is a forward striking version, LP is a crouching version which must be blocked low, and HP is a diagonally facing, anti-air version.

--Crescent Star Kick - D,DF,F,K
   Leigh performs a fast, forward-moving flip kick, creating a crescent-shaped wave of starry energy with her feet.

--Shooting Star Bomber - F,D,DF,P
   Leigh ascends nearly vertically, and at the peak of her jump, she moves forward at super speed while rolling into a ball, with a trail of starry energy following her as she is propelled by it.

--Wylde Child - F,DF,D,DB,B,K
        Leigh jumps and flips forward into a pouncing position, and if she connects, she latches onto her opponent and viciously scratches them, before tossing them away with a standing leg throw.

Throws:

--Waistlock Leg Toss - HP+HK
   Leigh wraps her legs around her opponent's mid-section, then backflips, sending them over their heads and flying.

Level 1 Super Move:

--Star Shine Blade - D,DF,F,D,DF,F,P
   A longer range, super move version of Star Shine. The same qualities of that move apply here as well, with different button strengths equaling different striking directions.

Level 2 Super Move

--Radiation Vibe - D,DF,F,D,DF,F,k
   Leigh performs two consecutive Crescent Kicks, and if successful with the last hit, will follow it up by catching her opponent during their descent with a massive Star Shine Blade.

Level 3 Super Move:

--Starlight Spirit Gun - D,DB,B,D,DB,B,P
   Leigh shapes her hands into a playful gun formation, and then channels all of her starry energy into the tips of her index fingers. She then fires her "gun," resulting in three massive starlight explosions.

Desperation Move (Health must be at or below 250, will deplete all available super meter):

--Groove Comets - D,DB,BD,DB,B,K
   Leigh summons a great number of unpredictable shooting stars from the sky. They are fast and descend from random trajectories. If only a few hit, they do moderate damage, but if you're lucky enough for every comet to hit, it does massive damage.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 09:50:00 pm by SeanAltly
Re: Character Thread: Wyldestar (Incomplete)
#64  April 10, 2009, 11:46:15 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!

Her face looks a bit off in both of these sprites.  Don't know if the rest walking anim looks like that.

I'm not just nitpicking, either.  As an artist, I believe it looks fairly off like that.
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 11:54:53 pm by Queen of Hell
#65  April 11, 2009, 12:10:27 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I dunno, aside from her looking a bit cross-eyed in her win pose (which is hard not to do with pixels and forward-facing sprites like that), I think she looks fine.

Download Last Bout now!

GT

#66  April 11, 2009, 02:11:33 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
I Think You Should Change Her Face A Little Bit Judging From The First And Last Screenshot. It Looks Slightly Bulk To Me.
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#67  April 11, 2009, 02:51:09 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I already stated that I thought it looked fine.

Download Last Bout now!

GT

#68  April 11, 2009, 03:28:33 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
lol okay.
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#69  April 11, 2009, 08:37:52 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Those effects are outstanding! :o
#70  April 11, 2009, 06:53:00 pm
  • DAT SAX
lol they're just ingrid's effects

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#71  April 11, 2009, 08:43:39 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Yeah, they're from Ingrid. They do look nice though.

Download Last Bout now!
Re: Character Thread: Wyldestar (Now With Video!)
#72  April 22, 2009, 03:36:33 am
  • Everyone has darkness,Fight it or EMBRACE it
maybe its just me,but I wouldn't expect bloodtide to be too friendly with her...  but then again I will lok over bloodtide's bio to get a feel for her again
Re: Character Thread: Wyldestar (Now With Video!)
#73  May 28, 2009, 05:15:25 am
sean this is awsome. i love you!! i look so cute as a character
Character Thread - Byrne (New Gameplay and Origin Info)
#74  September 13, 2009, 10:00:30 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA

Height: 6'1''
Weight: 190 lbs.

Abilities: Byrne has the ability to project and control fire. He also can withstand extremes of temperature, both hot and cold, and he has very durable skin to withstand burns from the fire he projects.

Bio: Andrew Byrne was a normal punk rocker with anarchistic tendencies living in lower Manhattan. He had trained in Tai Kwon Do at the insistence of his friends and family as a means of defending himself on the mean streets, but never mastered it. He was never very serious about being an Anarchist, never expressing it beyond normal, anti-establishment behavior and creating graffiti that read things like "Free Your Mind" and "Fuck Authority." He was starting to build a healthy criminal record, consisting mostly of petty crime and the occassional public drunkenness charge. One night, when he was stumbling out of an underground club, drunk and unstable, he attacked another man. The two fought until they were bloodied and near death. They finally collapsed in an alley, and the audience for their fight left them there. No one called an ambulance or the police. Unfortunately, they were both found by agents of Maddicorp as they searched for "volunteers" for the project.

When Byrne regained lucidity following the Kane Kelly Incident, he was overwhelmed with fury. After escaping, he discovered that he had been declared dead long ago by the apathetic police department and that his family had moved to the other side of the country. Enraged, he began using his fire projection abilities for more serious crimes. He now proclaims himself a full-fledged Anarchist, hell-bent on destroying the government and freeing the collective minds of the people. He refuses to kill unless he absolutely has to, but otherwise he will do anything to achieve his goal of spreading chaos. He also must deal with Maddicorp's Collection Agency, and will sometimes fight alongside Sabotage and his crew to protect his freedom, but he disagrees with their ideals and more often then not finds himself standing opposed to them.

Screenshots:

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4crJps3qqw

Gameplay:

Byrne is a well balanced character designed to be the new "pick-up-and-play" guy of SHADEs 2. He does have some depth with his FIrestarter attack that uses the Rekkaken-like follow ups and an unorthodox anti-air with the Flare Burst. He also can be quite dangerous in Ignition Mode, the mode activated by Phoenix Ignition. During this mode, all of his standard attacks become powered-up flaming attacks. He also walks faster and his Flare Shot projectiles are much faster than before. If he has at least 2000 power during Ignition Mode, he can unleash a nasty L3-strength Super Move called Hellfire Blitz (the name being an homage to Ifrit in Final Fantasy), however, this is the only super he has access to during Ignition Mode (other than his DM, which he has one chance to use when his health gets below 250 regardless of mode).

Special Moves:

--Firestarter - D,DB,B,P
    Byrne performs a mid-range swipe attack that ignites a crescent shaped flame.

--Second Degree/Third Degree - D,DB,B,P after Firestarter
    Byrne performs a firey backhand attack as a follow-up. This move can be performed twice after Firestarter with proper timing, hence "Third Degree."

--After Byrne - D,DB,B,K (also in air) or D,DF,F,K
    Byrne dashes backwards (or forwards) leaving a flaming copy of himself behind that damages the opponent if touched. The backwards version is performable mid-air.

--Flare Shot - D,DF,F,P
    Byrne shoots a concentrated flaming projectile from his fist.

--Flare Burst - F,D,DF,P
    Byrne slams his fist into the ground, creating a vertical burst of super-heated energy.

Throws:

--Eruption Kick - HP+HK
    Byrne grabs his opponent, pulls them close and delivers a nasty vertical kick to their jaw, sending them flying.

EX Moves:

--EX Flare Shot - D,DF,F,2P
    Byrne shoots a faster, multi-hit version of the Flare Shot.

--EX Flare Burst - F,D,DF,2P
    Byrne performs a faster version of the Flare Burst with a taller, more powerful pillar of flame.

Level 1 Super Move:

--Phoenix Ignition - D,DB,B,D,DB,B,P
    Byrne releases a great burst of flames from his chest in the shape of a Phoenix, during which he is invincible. Following this, all of his standard attacks are powered up flaming attacks for a short period of time. He also walks faster and his Flare Shots are quicker.

Level 2 Super Move

--Flare Cannon - D,DF,F,D,DF,F,P
    Byrne fires a powerful beam of super-heated energy from his fists that is fast and damaging.

--Hellfire Blitz - D,DB,B,D,DB,B,P during Ignition Mode (after Phoenix Ignition)
    Byrne unleashes a flurry of flaming attacks that deals high damage, and ends it with a powerful Flare Burst. Due to the move only being useable in Ignition Mode, it technically requires 3 Super Bar Stocks.

Level 3 Super Move:

--Heat Wave - D,DF,F,D,DF,F,K
    Byrne slams his fist into the ground and creates several powerful pillars of flame. Does the most damage if the opponent is hit with the first pillar, since it will knock them back into each subsequent pillar.

Desperation Move (Health must be at or below 250, will deplete all available super meter):

--Gabriel's Fury - D,DB,B,D,DB,B,K
    Byrne summons a sword formed out of super-heated energy and impales his opponent with it, then dashes behind them and impales them with another sword, holding them in place. He then dashes back in front of them and causes a cataclysmic pillar of flames to erupt beneath them, sending them high into the air.

Download Last Bout now!
Re: Character Thread - Byrne (New Gameplay and Origin Info)
#75  September 13, 2009, 11:05:42 pm
    • France
:thumbsup:
I really like the portrait, he looks badass !

Also, stupid question : is the VS screen from Shades' screenpack ?
What about these SF3 edited lifebars, they're sweet. :)

#76  September 13, 2009, 11:24:47 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
That screenpack is The Last Line screenpack, I got it from the Club Syn site. It's what I've been using for my personal mugen (for playing). Thanks for the compliment though!

Download Last Bout now!
#77  September 14, 2009, 08:52:51 pm
  • Everyone has darkness,Fight it or EMBRACE it
Wow update in sprites look badass and I agree with Inglourious CyBasterd's commit tha Portrait is amazing
#78  September 14, 2009, 08:57:55 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I sent him over to Kamekaze yesterday to create an AI, and he came up with some great ideas and modded the character a bit. The afterimages during Second and Third Degree (the backhand) now fade instead of blink, his After Byrne special also fades instead of blinks, and he threw in some increased comboability and fixed some timing issues on Second/Third Degree. If I get a chance today, I will officially release Byrne v1.0, probably in the actual release section since I'm pretty confident. I mean, just look at Cybaster's feedback in another topic. He said it was good stuff, and everyone knows that he can legally rate your shit.  ;D

Wow update in sprites look badass and I agree with Inglourious CyBasterd's commit tha Portrait is amazing

Thanks a lot, these sprites felt like they took forever so it's nice to have it noticed. Also, I was worried people wouldn't dig the portrait but it seems it was a success, so thanks again guys.

Download Last Bout now!
#79  September 15, 2009, 03:28:25 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Looks like he's coming along great, I can't wait to try the finished Byrne.

I also look forward to hearing his voice :)
#80  September 15, 2009, 10:38:07 am
    • France