YesNoOk

Old Character Threads (Read 106437 times)

Started by Sean Altly, July 03, 2008, 04:55:31 am
Re: Character Thread - Byrne (New Gameplay and Origin Info)
#81  November 14, 2009, 02:03:58 am
  • I do use dark colors. . . : \
    • kurotoboe.deviantart.com
I like this character a lot SeanAltly. He has some nice corner combos that i've tested out!
I'm trying. . .
#82  November 14, 2009, 03:15:06 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
by corner combos do you mean infinites?
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#83  November 14, 2009, 08:24:48 pm
I only know one infinite that was described in another thread. But from full-screen, LP Flare Shot -> Forward After Byrne -> Dash forward (Projectile hits) then you can mix it up from there.....i usually go for the LK, MK, HP chained followed by 2 EX Flare Bursts then a Flare Cannon.
I'm trying. . .
Character Thread - Exile (Major Update 5/19/2010)
#84  November 23, 2009, 06:02:47 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly

Height: 6'3''
Weight: 180 lbs.

Abilities: He is constantly slowly draining the energy and life force from anyone within a certain distance of his person. He can concentrate the drain to make it slower or faster, but he can never make it stop completely. His uniform, given to him by Maddicorp, is made of a synthetic material that hinders the drainage to an almost complete stop, but his dependence on it makes him a slave to Maddicorp. The uniform is also fitted with retractable "claws" that are made of whip-like material.

Bio: Alim is of Arab-American descent, and was always an outcast as a child because of his race and because of his odd bone and muscular structure. The children around him labeled him a freak, but he didn't care as much as other kids because he wished to be left alone. He displayed heightened intelligence at a very young age and felt above their petty insults. He grew up constantly rejecting the help and affection of those around him, including his family, doctors, and those who wished to be his friend. He felt he needed no one but himself. However, he was stricken by a rare cancer in his early twenties. Alone and dying, Alim realized how badly he needed human contact, and vowed to appreciate those around him if he could beat his illness. Unfortunately, he fell into a coma, alone, and was never expected to wake up. Because no family members were around to sign a DNR, he remained in a coma for months.

Then, just as they had Vesper, agents of Maddicorp abducted Alim from his hospital for the SHADE Project. They wished to see if their experiment had any disease curing or healing capabilities. After the Kane Kelly incident, Alim awoke and found he had the unfortunate "ability" to drain the energy and life force of all those around him, but his cancer had apparently been cured. He now had his second chance at life, but couldn't let anyone get close to him for fear of causing their death. He remained an outcast, dubbing himself "Exile," living on the outskirts of New York City, a once proud intellect, now begging for change and food from those he could be around long enough without hurting them. He became unable to live in such a way anymore, but recognized the miracle of science he'd become (holding the genetic key to the cure for cancer), so he willingly turned himself into Maddicorp. Maddigan, recognizing the weapon he had in his posession, promised Exile a cure for his new illness if he would help the Collection Agency and Maddicorp recapture the SHADE subjects. He does not trust Maddigan or the Agency, but cooperates with the hope that there is a small chance that Maddigan can cure him.

Screenshots:

Video:
Video by OrochiGill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkqUzLIUtH0

Gameplay:

Exile moves at a medium speed, leaning on the side of slow, but has good reach with most of his standards, and his attacks themselves are quick and do good damage. His movements and attacks are supposed to conform to his contortionist style, most evidenced by his odd HP and launcher. He is mostly a charge character due to his defensive style. His most unique aspect is his Spinal Distortion move, where he drops down into a creepy bridge stance, where he can walk back and forth like a spider or crab. He moves faster in this mode, and has three specials he can perform during it, as well as the ability to shift back to his normal stance on command. As of now, he can't jump or dash during Spinal Distortion, but I may add those features.

Special Moves:

--Cursed Spiral - Charge B,F+P EX Version Available
   Exile spins like a top torwards his opponent with his arms and claws outstretched. Hits multiple times and goes a great distance since it's a charge move.

--Cursed Scythe- F,D,DF,K EX Version Available
   Exile leaps forward gracefully, spinning in mid-air, before landing and delivering a vicious crescent slash.

--Downward Spiral - Charge D,U+K EX Version Available
   Exile ascends into the air at an angle, then suddenly descends with a downward spinning drill kick.

--Mortal Coil - Charge D,U+P
                Exile performs an upward spinning drill kick. Not much horizontal movement, but still a good anti-air.

--Spinal Distortion - D,D,P
                Exile bends backwards into a low bridge stance. He can move forward or backward in this stance. Ducks below most standing attacks and projectiles.

--Distorted Strikes - Any Punch during Spinal Distortion
                Three different punch attacks, like his standing punches. Can be chained just like his standards. Basically three new standards, with the HP version being his proper sweep (since he has no crouching attack that acts like a sweep).

--Distorted Deceiver - U+HP during Spinal Distortion
                Exile hops upwards, avoiding most low kicks/sweeps and delivers a rotating slash as a counter attack. Holding forward or backward along with up will make him move iin the respective directions.

--Distorted Coil - D,DF,F,HP during Spinal Distortion
                A version of Mortal Coil.

--Distorted Helix - D,DF,F,MP or LP during Spinal Distortion
                A spinning head attack. Button pressed affects distance and trajectory.

--Distorted Capture - F,DF,D,DB,B,P during Spinal Distortion
                Exile flips towards his opponent with arms extended, catches them around the head, then drops down and stabs them, draining some of their life and restoring some of his own.

--Distorted Advance/Retreat - F,F or B,B during Spinal Distortion
                Exile quickly scurries/dashes forward or backward.

--Return - LK,MK, or HK during Spinal Distortion
                Returns to normal stance.

Throws:

--Cursed Toss - HP+HK
   Exile performs a bridging belly-to-belly toss.

Level 1 Super Move:

--Cursed Vortex - D,DB,B,D,DB,B,P
   Exile performs a very strong version of Cursed Spiral. No forward motion, but creates a vacuum that pulls the opponent torwards him.

--Radial Distortion - D,DF,F,D,DF,F,P during Spinal Distortion
   Exile performs a very strong version of Distorted Coil. He extends his arms in the first hit, which knocks the opponent into the rest of the hits.

Level 2 Super Move

--Further Down the Spiral - D,DB,B,D,DB,B,K
   Exile connects with a Downward Spiral, but keeps on pressing onto the opponents head while spinning like a drill, before using his legs to toss them into the air and catch them with a strong Mortal Coil.

Level 3 Super Move:

--Blade of Ruin - D,DF,F,D,DF,F,P
   Exile leaps forward and connects with a crescent slash, and follows it up with a powered-up Cursed Vortex.

Desperation Move (Health must be at or below 250, will deplete all available super meter):

--Thinner - D,DF,F,D,DF,F,P
   Exile extends his claws a great length, and of he connects, pulls his victim in and delivers a flurry of attacks, and finishes by driving his other claw into their chest and draining a concentrated amount of life force from his opponent, restoring a small amount of life to himself.

--Slow Chemical - D,DB,B,D,DB,B, during Spinal Distortion
                Exile flips toward his opponent, catches them around the head, then spins around several times, drilling into their heads with his claws, then drops down and performs a Life Draining stab. He then kicks them away before asking for forgiveness.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:24:01 am by SeanAltly
Re: Character Thread - Exile (Work In Progress)
#85  November 23, 2009, 06:13:04 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
He definitely should have a lifedrain super.
#86  November 23, 2009, 06:14:59 am
SeanAltly  said:
This draining does make him more powerful, but Exile is a peaceful man who always had a hard time getting close to people. Now, he can't be close to them whether he wants to or not, or he will eventually kill them.

Based on this, I believe he should be somewhat of a slow character because of his peaceful personality. I might need more insight on him to know If I could come up with some moves or what not. But I like how he's coming along! Keep it up!
I'm trying. . .
#87  November 23, 2009, 06:46:11 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Ooo, this guy looks very interesting!

I look forward to see more progress on him and find out what his moves are gonna be.
#88  November 25, 2009, 02:57:11 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Those sprites look amazing.

But yeah, he sounds like he should be a slow character. But not too slow.

And a life-draining super sounds right as well.
#89  November 25, 2009, 03:09:41 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I'd suggest using the one on the right as his default.  The skin tone seems more natural... if that makes sense.

I'm liking this guy so far.  Based on the backstory you've given him, I'd imagine him to be a very defensive character.  I'd also like to throw my support behind the life-drain super idea.
#90  November 25, 2009, 01:24:26 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
You could make him fight kinda like Leona, or Heidern?
If the character is deffensive charge attacks are great for blocking.

Also Leona, and Heidern have power drain moves aswell.

Or you could add a little bit of Rogue to the characters moves? She drains energy with that dashing kiss.
Maybe he could have a dashing grab?

Would the drainging of power give the charcter short term powers like Rogue? Or just extra energy like Heidern?
#91  November 25, 2009, 02:41:48 pm
  • Fighting fan who likes Final Bosses
The ideas behind this character seem very good.

SeanAlty, I've been checking your creations' progress since a while, and I must say you come up with some great concepts; as a creator, this seems to be your highest positive point.^^

And his story (good guy who works for the villain without doing any evil) is cool too, reminds of Zenith.

Well, if you feel like programming, maybe those ideas may be useful:

> He may drain energy from the foe for his own use, instead of simply restoring HP. Example: boosting his stats, increasing his moves' strenght, gaining new moves, etc. (how about a gauge which shows how much energy he has drained?). For balance, he may start the battle pretty weak, and needs to drain his foe to fight properly.
> He could be a bit like Ragna from Blazblue: several physical attacks, that drain his foes' energy from even touching them.
>
He definitely should have a lifedrain super.

I'd also like to throw my support behind the life-drain super idea.

And a life-draining super sounds right as well.
  Well, since his very presence near someone drains them, I think even his BASIC throw could drain life... just my humble opinion.

Perhaps these ideas would make them a very TECHNICAL character, which would be hard to use properly but pays off once mastered. If you already have some defensive/agressive oriented characters in your mind, this would add a cool twist element to your game.

I hope I helped.
I hate more stuff than I seem. Seriously.
Re: Character Thread - Exile (Major Update 5/19/2010)
#92  May 19, 2010, 02:41:36 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Major update guys, let me know what you think. I'll try to have a vid of him up soon.

Download Last Bout now!
#93  May 19, 2010, 03:04:01 pm
    • Argentina
The new stand looks so cool, I like so much your latest chars and this, is one of these... keep doing! :sugoi:
#94  May 19, 2010, 03:35:52 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Very nice. I really like his story. :D
I see a sort of mix between MOTW Freeman and SC Voldo; he's a freak and he's got cool moves.
#95  May 20, 2010, 12:50:51 am
  • SNK is life
Those sprites look hella hot.

Want moar please.

#96  May 20, 2010, 12:59:59 am
  • Fuck You.
Man, why didn't I see this before.

These sprites are so cash dude.
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#97  May 22, 2010, 06:19:54 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Very nice. I really like his story. :D
I see a sort of mix between MOTW Freeman and SC Voldo; he's a freak and he's got cool moves.

So I'm not the only one who thought that...

Honestly, he feels like a weird Guile, but in an awesome way.
#98  May 22, 2010, 06:27:41 am
  • Fuck You.

#99  May 26, 2010, 11:41:34 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Thanks for the kind words guys, I worked hard on the sprites and I'm glad to see you guys appreciate them.

I sent the first beta to a couple of people to test, and got great feedback. As a result of Cybaster suggesting I go more in depth with Spinal Distortion, I've made it more of a second stance. Still not a full on second stance, but there's a lot of options once you get into the stance.

-Distorted Strikes - All 3 punch buttons act as a new set of standards for the stance. They work just like any other standards, with the HP version having the traits of a sweep. They can be chained just like any other standards.
-Distorted Advance/Retreat - He already walks faster in SD than he does normally, but he can also quickly dash forward or backward. I've found it very useful in the in-depth testing I've done.
-Distorted Deceiver - By holding up (or up+forward or up+back) and pressing HP, he will sort of hop opwards while doing a downward rotating slash. The point of this move is for when your opponent is trying to low kick you (since you pretty much have to attack low to hit him since he's so low to the ground), Exile hops up far enough to avoid most low kicks/sweeps and will attack his opponent as well. If this is a bit hard to picture, here's the gif of the animation:

See what I mean?
-Distorted Helix - D,DF,F,MP or LP, this move is a spinning headbutt move (think Dhalsim or Skull-o-Mania). It's quick and does around 80-85 damage (low for a special but hard to punish). The MP version has a straighter trajectory and travels farther, while the LP version has a shorted horizontal distance but goes higher and lingers in the air more. Good for confusing opponents and hopping over low attack or projectiles.
-Distorted Coil - D,DF,F+HP, basically a different way of performing Mortal Coil. Hits twice, knocks down and does good damage. A smart opponent won't jump in on you much if you're in SD, but it's here just in case.
-Distorted Capture - HCB+P, Exile backflips out of SD and catches the opponent around their head, then drops down in front of them and stabs them for a life-drain type of move. Takes about 110 away from the opponent, and gives Exile 55 back. I wanted him to have a life drain special, but I didn't want it to be something you could abuse. Since you have to enter SD to do it, and the opponent has to be on the ground to connect with it, it seemed fair to me.
-Radial Distortion - A super version of Distorted Coil. The first hit has his arms extended so it has about twice the horizontal range of DC, and the first hit knocks them up and into the rest of the hits. It's a Level 1 super.
-Slow Chemical - Exile is unique in that he is the only SHADEs character with 2 DMs, this being his 2nd. Has the same traits and hit properties of Distorted Capture. He attaches to the opponents head and drills down into them with his claws, before dropping down for a Life Drain (gives Exile 100 life back), then he kicks them away. A lot like his normal DM but with a different set-up.
-Return - pressing any kick button will return him to his normal stance. He can be hit when transitioning between stances.

I'm pretty proud of this feature of Exile's, and I think he's probably the deepest and most dynamic character I've created yet (as far as gameplay goes). I can't wait to finish tweaks here and there and get him an AI so I can release him. After that, I will start working on the last SHADEs character, who I will reveal in the next few days. Thanks guys for the interest and I appreciate the comments and suggestions.

Download Last Bout now!
#100  May 26, 2010, 11:49:42 pm
  • Fuck You.
Holy shit my man. This is fuck-all awesome.

I can't even...words...wow dude.