YesNoOk

Rick and Morty (Read 30120 times)

Started by Saikoro, March 07, 2014, 09:09:31 pm
Share this topic:
Rick and Morty
#1  March 07, 2014, 09:09:31 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Anyone else been watching this fantastic show?? The writing is wicked sharp and witty with a ton of references thrown in for good measure. It's currently on Adult Swim on Mondays at 10:30. Totally worth a shot if you haven't seen it already.

Check out the IMDB page if you have no clue what I'm talking about.

All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Re: Rick and Morty
#2  March 07, 2014, 09:16:36 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
hmmm...i trust adult swim when it comes to the funnies...so yea...ill check it this monday coming up. hopefully ill have a blunt during that time. and right b4 the gym.
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#3  March 07, 2014, 09:19:55 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i've caught up on it, episode 2's my favorite by far
#4  March 07, 2014, 09:21:52 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Its one of the best things currently on. I also suggest gravity falls, while the humour isnt in the same tone, its hilarious as well.
#5  March 07, 2014, 09:23:43 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
The fusion of so many different story elements and twists (The Jellybean Man scene from below had me in tears) are so well done and refreshing, you wish every new show was this good.

This is my favorite. Meeseeks and Destroy: http://www.mediamavrick.com/mediamavrick/mmvideos/ram5.html

The writing is very well done and I cannot help but think of Doctor Emmet Brown's zaniness every time I watch this (Which was inspiration alongside of Dr. Who).

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#6  March 07, 2014, 09:24:50 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Its written by Dan Harmon from community.

Just dont search for the pilot, contrary to most things he did, the pilot is actually horrible.
#7  March 09, 2014, 02:02:03 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
also episode 2's a parody of a nightmare on elm street
#8  March 09, 2014, 02:10:24 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Just dont search for the pilot, contrary to most things he did, the pilot is actually horrible.

The Pilot wasn't horrible per se. It just had a slower pace and less going on. It had it's moments, especially within that chase scene in the space/dimensional airport.

also episode 2's a parody of a nightmare on elm street

I just saw bits and pieces of that one. That episode is fucking clever. I love how Freddy's knockoff keeps on saying BITCH with just about every sentence he forms. This episode is where Rick and Morty kicks into high gear. Meeseeks and Destroy is still my top favorite, but that may change after I catch up on the last eposide I have left to see in full, which is this one (Lawnmower Dog).

#9  March 09, 2014, 02:12:47 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#10  March 09, 2014, 02:16:27 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Ah that's right. It was something along the same name but slightly altered. What was that called again??

This reference reminds me of Larry and Steve, Seth McFarlane's precursor to Peter and Brian of Family Guy fame. That single episode was actually hilarious.

#11  March 09, 2014, 03:22:08 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
which brings me to the question, what does everyone know about rob paulsen? That's the question I've always wanted to ask everyone :D
#12  March 09, 2014, 03:51:36 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
In death, a member of Project Mayhem has a name. His name is Robert Paulson.

#13  March 10, 2014, 02:57:17 pm
Thanks for letting me know about this show, I like it!
#14  March 10, 2014, 03:01:48 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
I watched the latest episode on Youtube a couple of days ago when someone linked to its ending on /v/. It was great, but apparently Adult Swim took down the other episodes from Youtube? They still had episodes 1 and 2 on their own website.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#15  March 10, 2014, 04:06:08 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Thanks for letting me know about this show, I like it!

I'm glad you do. The show is certainly great. ;D

Adult Swim took down the other episodes from Youtube? They still had episodes 1 and 2 on their own website.

As far as I know, Adult Swim has been very stern with keeping episodes strictly to their site. If you do a little Google magic, you could find them for download (I have all of the aired ones on my phone). I will say though, Adult Swim/Cartoon Network deserves the attention. I feel that they have come a long way recently because they have a lot of fantastic and original content. Regular Show is awesome and so is Steven Universe. I'll gladly watch stuff as it airs along with my DVR.

Don't forget!! A new Rick and Morty premiers tonight at 10:30!!

#16  March 10, 2014, 07:33:39 pm
  • You PC bro?
I fucking love this show lmao. It's probably the funniest thing on adult swim in my opinion. The way they always stumble over their words when they talk it's hilarious! The various references are funny too. The thing that scares me though is that I feel like it won't last too long. But I'm excited for the new episode tonight!
#17  March 12, 2014, 10:59:06 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
started watching this yesterdays and it is fucking hilarious love the part when morty almost got rape by a jellybean
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#18  May 17, 2015, 08:35:40 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
#19  May 17, 2015, 08:52:37 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#20  May 17, 2015, 09:04:05 pm