YesNoOk

Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist - SECOND SEASON CONFIRMED! (Read 50625 times)

Started by Moon Girard, July 13, 2012, 02:59:34 am
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist - New Live-Action Show Announced
#61  June 02, 2014, 08:09:52 pm
  • Fuck You.
sfiv obviously exaggerated everyone's proportions so to see an actual old man irl with that much muscle tone plus the agility and martial arts skills of a vg gouken would be kinda implausible

akuma has the excuse of having a younger more muscular actor and he practically doesn't age in the game, no one does

don't be silly
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#62  June 02, 2014, 08:13:14 pm
he practically doesn't age in the game, no one does
Ryu looked pretty young in SFZ series, then SF2 and SF4 are pretty close, and finally SF3 where he's older. Same goes for everyone, they do age, it's just that the games are often just a couple of years apart. Hell, Gouki has white hair in SF3. in fact, Gouken is the one who looks older than he should be if he's Gouki's older brother (unless he's like 12 years older or something). So this version actually makes sense.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#63  June 02, 2014, 08:40:54 pm
  • Fuck You.
oh yea i know that, i was referring to sfiv (the sleeved gi discussion), and eliza having mel in super who will prolly be a teen in ultra while the 3s teen fighters will still be the same age

#64  June 02, 2014, 08:55:19 pm
I don't think that much time passes between SF4, SSF4 and USF4.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#65  June 03, 2014, 12:28:43 am
  • Fuck You.
it was a joke, byakko

as for the web series, my only gripes are their constant saying of hadoukens/shoryuken/tatsumakisenpuukyaku when they perform the, like in the games, which isn't at all necessary in a live action series where grunts could take their place

also the shoryuken could'veshould've  been a step jump uppercut (take a step forward and hop off the front foot) which is how it would work irl, without the exaggerated height, cuz as it stands it just looks silly as it is now; again, for the sake of live action, and plausibility (i know)

which brings me to the tatsumaki; i guess they realized how silly that would've looked if they kept it faithful to the game so they turned it to a multi spin roundhouse kick instead, those kinds of changes are welcomed

in all, i thought it was dope and some more story advancement would be dope

#66  June 03, 2014, 12:43:31 am
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
I would give the series an 8/10 for street fighter fans and a 7/10 for casual viewers its a great adaptation of the games/anime  story lines and all my personal gripes with it are mere nitpicks such as ryu and ken not getting into a fight with some army guys at the bar or atleast a full fight scene for ryu's fight. I love gouken and gouki's back story they did a great job of portraying the complexity of they're relationship as brothers. Another thing I didn't really like was the fact that they really made ken an asshole in first half of the series and it was kind of off putting
#67  June 03, 2014, 12:46:30 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
But Ken was a spoilt asshole, that's why he was sent to Gouken.
#68  June 03, 2014, 12:50:16 am
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
not to that degree he was a bit over the top especially with the swearing and disrespect of gouken but I understand they added those to traits to portray his fiery personality
#69  June 03, 2014, 12:52:52 am
#70  June 03, 2014, 01:02:17 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
i just sat through all of this, im pleased to see they picked actors that can act instead of only look the part. Gouken actor might not look like the beast in the game, but i rather have a good actor that can pull off the character than a bad actor that looks like the character but doesnt behave like them.

Thought ken and ryu were a bit too big for seventeen year olds but eh i can understand that it would be nigh impossible to find actors of that age with the build for this that could act.
#71  June 03, 2014, 01:31:56 am
  • Fuck You.
My bad, I didn't really see the hilarity of time passing between each game ?
 Art of Fighting you heretic !

no biggie, i was mostly joking about yun/yang, makoto, ibuki being perpetually young while Mel gets older

also the shoryuken could'veshould've  been a step jump uppercut (take a step forward and hop off the front foot)
That's a Ko Hou from Art of Fighting you heretic !
damn i didn't even think about that lol

Thought ken and ryu were a bit too big for seventeen year olds but eh i can understand that it would be nigh impossible to find actors of that age with the build for this that could act.

there are some teens that can be that size, i was that size during that time

but, that got me thinking they purposely used those specific actors for the mileage, they can milk their ages thru the remaining 4 series (this may have been obvious for some, idk) so that's no big deal really since it's past tense

#72  June 03, 2014, 01:44:33 am
  • all is love in fair and war
also the shoryuken could'veshould've  been a step jump uppercut (take a step forward and hop off the front foot) which is how it would work irl, without the exaggerated height, cuz as it stands it just looks silly
they need to learn the basic right first
later they will learn to dash cancel their shoryuken don't worry about it.

Gouken actor might not look like the beast in the game, but i rather have a good actor that can pull off the character than a bad actor that looks like the character but doesnt behave like them.

what's wrong with Sonny Chiba or Kurata Yasuaki as Gouken

#73  June 03, 2014, 01:45:15 am
i was mostly joking about yun/yang, makoto, ibuki being perpetually young while Mel gets older
Oh that, well, to be fair they did (almost) literally say "fuck it, every game is its own timeline" just to have the SF3 guys in SF4.
#74  June 03, 2014, 01:56:56 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Gouken actor might not look like the beast in the game, but i rather have a good actor that can pull off the character than a bad actor that looks like the character but doesnt behave like them.

They're in their seventies, for one thing. Where's the last big role Sonny Chiba had where he wasn't a sushi chef or sitting on a fucking couch?
Oh, why must I tell 'em again?
What must I tell 'em, my friend?
That we are born into sin
And we are worshiping murderers
Nothing but evil duplicitous men
I know you heard of 'em all
We should just murder 'em all
We should just murder and ball
We dance on the ruins we looting from all of they palace's walls
#75  June 03, 2014, 01:59:15 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

What. Where would those two old actors be even able to both perform and act in a role like this?

not to mention that this is a low budget production.
#76  June 03, 2014, 08:56:42 am
but throughout the episodes, what older Gouken did was giving example of kata, hadoken, and shoryuken, I believe even a 70 year old martial artist still can do that convincingly. look at the older guy playing Goutetsu. as for acting part, I believe those 2 bigger actors have tons of experience playing a role of sensei and sifu throughout their careers. But probably budget thing... although they were sponsored by Honda.

#77  June 03, 2014, 09:17:40 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
The question is why would you have to cast well known actors to roles anyway? Its not a must, there is no rule that says you should, I thought the casting was done really well actually.
#78  June 03, 2014, 09:26:14 am
  • Fuck You.
those are just his preferences no one said it was a rule

i and probably many others have casting references for some characters and they're most likely big name actors

#79  June 03, 2014, 12:17:29 pm
The question is why would you have to cast well known actors to roles anyway? Its not a must, there is no rule that says you should, I thought the casting was done really well actually.

I like the cast for Ken, Ryu, demon Gouki/ Joe Ansah, even young Gouken, I just thought the older Gouken could be more meaty, seems like he was thinner and shorter than his younger self, I just mentioned the two popular sensei cast from the top of my head as reference, but actually the actor playing gouken was OK, if prior the shooting he would have packed some more mass, at least on the exposed arms, it would be better. just my own opinion.
#80  June 03, 2014, 04:21:05 pm
  • SNK is life
Fuck off. Gouken was the fucking best out of all of this.