YesNoOk

More lifebar control options (Read 17043 times)

Started by ~*Ishida-Uryuu*~, June 17, 2009, 06:35:05 am
More lifebar control options
#1  June 17, 2009, 06:35:05 am
  • DAT SAX
Yeah, so I'm making a lifebar right, but what's really pissing me off is MUGEN's lack of options for making the lifebar. I'm just going to be short sweet and to the point:

Things that MUGEN doesn't have and XNA should have:

1. Free font scaling
2. More than 3 layers for lifebar objects (2 and above would be on top of everything and function as SprPriority does. 2 goes under 3 which goes under 4 etc...)
3. Support for a post-battle "PERFECT" event
4. Layering options for fonts
5. Layering options for win icons
6. Animation support for win icons
7. On/off function for win icons
8. Support for multiple animations for all events and objects (pre-fight, round x, fight, win, post-win, win icons, etc)

Random stuff:

1. Diagonal life meter / powerbar support
2. Animated portraits
3. On/off function for portraits being affected by PalFX
4. Character interaction with portraits (attack face for various attacks, hurt face, dead face, etc)

Hope you consider this stuff Frantz. :)

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 06:40:39 am by ~*Ishida-Uryuu*~
Re: More lifebar control options
#2  June 17, 2009, 12:49:40 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Also, ability to control anything in the lifebar or powerbars, such as the height/width changing as the life goes down, or the color changing from blue to red.

The combo meter doesn't have lots of options either. It's impossible to make nice looking transparent FX, with fading in/out things.
#3  June 17, 2009, 09:03:09 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Powerbars too.

If you ask me, it might be better if it were handled the same as helper coding. A bit less cluttered too. It's not that hard to do. The only problem with it is handling things with irregular shapes since scaling will eventually make it rectangular (which MUGEN can't even seem to do in its regular lifebar coding... see CvS2 lifebars and compare them in MUGEN to see what I mean) and having access to the key pieces of the lifebar, such as name, portraits, and fonts. This could probably go into the statedef, unless there's any better ideas for this.

On that note, it would also be nice to have team portraits on the Vs. screen like in KoF, not just their names.
#4  June 21, 2009, 04:58:29 am
    • USA
and us being able to apply the correct palette on the turns mode teammate portraits instead of them just using the default pal.

also MUGEN already has the option to modify the layers of everything in the screenpack, including winicons and most of the fonts, we only need to have more layers to play with.

The only problem with it is handling things with irregular shapes since scaling will eventually make it rectangular

well, if this get's in then scalling wouldn't be used but a mask effect would be applied instead preventing that, and also having the option to use scalling instead of mask.
#5  June 24, 2009, 08:36:14 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
The ability to disable palFX on portraits would be nice as well. It's strange if a special portrait turns orange out of nowhere. :ninja: oh wait Ishida suggested that already
#6  June 28, 2009, 02:04:52 am
  • Do the impossible!
Score counter plox
group1942@groupsim.com

Join, mugenites!
#7  July 17, 2009, 12:00:28 am
  • Cause Rick Loves M.U.G.E.N
not to mention a "press start button" allowing the second player to join in at anytime but that won't happen anytime soon.

Rick-Kun: Pilot of Hamosu
#8  August 14, 2009, 07:49:00 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
The level of control everyone asks for can be accomplished by making everything programmable. :)

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#9  August 14, 2009, 07:54:58 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yes, but hen the engine would have to be open source or something.
#10  August 14, 2009, 08:05:27 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
I generalized and didn't mean everything. :P  If there were extra sctrls and triggers and you had a player-like entity control the lifebars and such, then you'd have what I'm looking for.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.