YesNoOk

Combo never ends (Read 4944 times)

Started by Odb718, March 24, 2018, 07:34:12 am
Share this topic:
Combo never ends
#1  March 24, 2018, 07:34:12 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I'm getting an odd glitch. Working on my Noob Siabot, if I launch my black hole, then punch P2 into it, then combo P2 while he's falling after being teleported, the combo never ends. Even after I stop attacking the number stays on screen. If I hit P2 again, the count goes up. If P2 hits me or I throw P2 it'll stop.

What's happening is I put P2 into a custom state with a helper. P2 spawns it's own helper that goes into it's own State 5000. P1's helper's attack hit's the helper 5000 into a custom state where it kills itself.
The problem seems to be P1's root is attacking Helper 5000 before it can be put into the custom state. Some how this lock Mugen up and the combo never ends.

How can I get this target/combo to drop??
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Re: Combo never ends
#2  March 24, 2018, 07:59:39 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Tried hitonce = 1 on the roots hitdef? Or just using targetdrop if target, ishelper?

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  March 24, 2018, 08:59:37 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
The problem comes in that it'd have to be for every attack. All basics can activate the glitch.
Maybe I can use the target, ishelper in statedef -2. I could check to see if either of the two custom states are active and go from there. Or end there... because I think the basic attack knocks P2 back into the hole. Then the shadow is spawned and the basic's attack is still out and hits the helper. So the custom state is state 5000. It's not that custom... <_<

----
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Now the only problem is a 1 hit attack is spawning a 3 hit combo. I've no clue how to go about this problem.
Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 10:00:46 am by Odb718
#4  March 24, 2018, 10:32:46 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Persistent = 0 on the hitdef? I mean if you have created this issue for every attack you will have to solve it for every attack

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#5  March 24, 2018, 11:24:06 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Because of how often I play 1v2 and 2v2 I don't want to limit N00b from only hitting 1 character at a time. Editing the hitdef of every move wouldn't be too hard. I mean I already have for the Disabler special. But the outcome would be worse than how it is.
I actually tried using a value of -1 in hitadd in statedef -2... didn't work lol.

I'm trying some stuff out. Maybe something with Snap to move P2 out of the way...