YesNoOk

next street fighter should be in HD 2d (Read 22664 times)

Started by Pessimus-Prime, July 08, 2015, 08:54:38 am
Share this topic:
Re: next street fighter should be in HD 2d
#61  July 12, 2015, 03:39:33 am
i think it's safe to ignore you right now.
anyways, im still convinced that bugya must have used a filter or some kind of method to convert his DMC rips into sprites

they just don't look handdrawn to me.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#62  July 12, 2015, 03:40:55 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
A fighting game should always strive to be as fluid and responsive as possible. There is absolutely no reason for Street Fighter to go back to 2D sprites  and animation shortcuts now, just like there's no reason for Guilty Gear to go back to 2D sprites after Xrd. Go play 3rd Strike if you need a sprite fix.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#63  July 12, 2015, 03:43:38 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
A fighting game should always strive to be as fluid and responsive as possible. There is absolutely no reason for Street Fighter to go back to 2D sprites  and animation shortcuts now, just like there's no reason for Guilty Gear to go back to 2D sprites after Xrd. Go play 3rd Strike if you need a sprite fix.

Basically this, the industry has moved on. But just because they went 3D doesn't mean that 2D is completely dead, and GG Xrd is a great example of that, IMO.

anyways, im still convinced that bugya must have used a filter or some kind of method to convert his DMC rips into sprites

I'm pretty sure that the face and minor details were edited by hand.
This is a generic forum signature.
#64  July 12, 2015, 04:11:08 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru

Nope, It shouldn,t.
Even more, hey will not make SF HD again.
Sprites is harder to do. Besides, with love of Capcom to make it money with payable alternative costumes (What is practicaly impossible...), sprited game will be just unprofitable for them.
So... Nope.
#65  July 12, 2015, 04:11:53 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Basically this, the industry has moved on. But just because they went 3D doesn't mean that 2D is completely dead, and GG Xrd is a great example of that, IMO.

the game with the most expensive and detailed 3d ever is an example that 2d is not dead?
the game that showed that 2d was so expensive that it was cheaper to do it by using 3d models and cheating the eye into thinking its 2d?
#66  July 12, 2015, 04:12:58 am
lol
#67  July 12, 2015, 04:13:53 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

the game with the most expensive and detailed 3d ever is an example that 2d is not dead?
the game that showed that 2d was so expensive that it was cheaper to do it by using 3d models and cheating the eye into thinking its 2d?

I was talking about how they gave GG Xrd a very 2D-ish feel, even though it was entirely made in 3D. IMO, looking at GG Xrd in action was like watching an anime, except in 3D. But I get that I didn't make much sense there in the first place, sorry about that.
#68  July 12, 2015, 04:15:49 am
i think it's safe to ignore you right now.

ignore me? mortal kombat did this just without the drawing
go ahead and run!!! there's nowwhere in the world you can hide when it's my world!!

lui

#69  July 12, 2015, 04:16:38 am
    • USA
that was digitized sprites and thats because mortal kombat was with a piss poor budget at the time.
#70  July 12, 2015, 04:16:53 am
what mortal kombat did is entirely different from what bugya did. again, what the fuck are you talking about
#71  July 12, 2015, 04:18:52 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Not to mention Mortal Kombat has NEVER looked back as soon as it jumped to 3D so it's an incredibly silly example.

But then again so was Megaman 9 and Shovel Knight, so I guess we're officially in the hole-digging portion of this topic
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 04:21:53 am by Speedpreacher
#72  July 12, 2015, 04:21:10 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
#73  July 12, 2015, 04:46:04 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Also they could cut the number of frames instead of having 100000 frames per character like blazblue
Outside of stances, BB doesn't have the smoothest animation out there so no.
HD remix did not look like shit.
It did look like shit.

You could cut down on the workload like KOF does by making a 3D model, animating it, and tracing over it as if it were an anime outsourced to Korea, but most people would argue that if you already made a model, it would just be easier to use that in the game.
BB does that as well, but yeah, they still have to rig the models and deal with bones, weights and all that. It does cut corners but not as much a people think it does.
#74  July 12, 2015, 05:04:45 am
  • Outchea Grindin'
    • USA
    • warrenh89@live.com
HD Remix was an ambitious effort, I applaud UDON for tackling it, and I commend them for keeping the original frame counts intact for authenticity but yeah it just doesn't hold up outside of that.

"Capcom vs SNK 3 coming soon, we promise" - Ren
#75  July 12, 2015, 07:20:45 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
A fighting game should always strive to be as fluid and responsive as possible.

There is absolutely no reason for Street Fighter to go back to 2D sprites  and animation shortcuts now, just like there's no reason for Guilty Gear to go back to 2D sprites after Xrd.

those two things are unrelated,
#76  July 13, 2015, 04:28:17 am
using actors for animation is called rotoscoping, it was used in out of this world a super nintendo game way back and it could be used to animate characters
go ahead and run!!! there's nowwhere in the world you can hide when it's my world!!
#77  July 13, 2015, 04:29:45 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
using actors for animation is called rotoscoping, it was used in out of this world a super nintendo game way back and it could be used to animate characters

What does that have to do with the above conversation, let alone anything?
#78  July 13, 2015, 04:39:21 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I think he's a bot.
#79  July 13, 2015, 08:01:03 am
#80  July 13, 2015, 08:03:03 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Or... just use 3D models. Drawing over 3D models or artists just for the sake of having "sprites" sounds pretty pointless.

Shit