YesNoOk

my version of Jin Kazama (Read 10419 times)

Started by Fabry Taz, June 20, 2011, 05:08:17 pm
Share this topic:
my version of Jin Kazama
#1  June 20, 2011, 05:08:17 pm
  • Staaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrssssssssss !
Re: my version of Jin Kazama
#2  June 20, 2011, 05:19:15 pm
  • Hey!
    • USA
    • http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/napoleonjonamite
Wow, no screenshot, and no detailed gameplay info. This so makes me want to download it... BAZINGA!
"Hey, your beard's so dumb, it sits on the TV and watches the couch. Haha! That's a good one, Jack!" -Si Robertson
#3  June 20, 2011, 05:20:39 pm
  • hecc
this better be good
I mean it >:(
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#4  June 20, 2011, 05:33:22 pm
stop being shitheads
#5  June 20, 2011, 05:36:49 pm
    • USA
Taz, you need to a least add a picture or some info on how he plays. Most users (including myself) are very wary of downloading anything that does not include any these things.
#6  June 20, 2011, 05:40:59 pm
  • The Black Knight ALWAYS triumphs!!!
    • Brazil
I downloaded and tested. I'm not that good at feedbacks, but:

- He is SO slow and boring, most of the attacks don't make the enemy fall back.
- The sound of his combo Y, B already makes the "fall on the ground" noise, even if it don't hits.
- You posted it on a 1.0 M.U.G.E.N. Topic, but he works on Winmugen (probably WMP too).

I'll leave to other people to feedback better, but i'll keep this. He just need to be fast, keep improving him and maybe it'll become good.
Sorry about english errors. Really.
#7  June 20, 2011, 05:48:12 pm
    • Thailand
I don't like it. It feels rushed, even for a KFM sprite swap.

First thing's first:

- Learn the basics about get-hit-sprites and get-hit-animations: http://elecbyte.com/mugendocs/mugen.html#documentation

- Learn the basics about aligning. Basics of aligning: It has to look smooth. What you have here is rushing.

- I don't know how you managed to mix up the sizes of the sprites, but they don't go well together. What did you do?

- The collision boxes are crazy, inconsistent, and nonsensical. Here: http://kod.trinitymugen.net/K.O.D%27s_Basic_CLSN_Tutorial.html
       - In addition to that tutorial, look at Jesuszilla's Eagle for good clsn boxes. It is a good example of what yours should look like.

- The .sff has a bunch of small portraits in it. They're useless. Delete them. You could have actually used the actual sprites CVSNB made and put more time into the character instead of duplicating the small portrait more than 20 times.

- Turn on your debug at all times when creating. If you would have done that, then you would have seen most of the errors that I'm seeing from just starting this character up.

- Sprite swapping Kung Fu Man is good, but you need to make it more than just a sprite swipe, everything about this character feels wrong. I'm being general on purpose.

- I'm not going to get into the attacks and stuff because you should be able to align, do collision boxes, catch easy erros, and correctly do gethits first.

- Address those issues, then upload the character again for more feedback.

- Do not take this post as an insult. People will leave feedback you don't like and it's not to attack you personally, it's to point out your flaws. Whether pointing out the flaws is to make you feel stupid about yourself or help you improve, it doesn't matter, because  the flaws are still being pointed out and you can fix them.

- If you aren't going to listen feedback and you think I'm a crackhead for posting this, then at least I tried and good luck with your future endeavors.

#8  June 20, 2011, 05:53:21 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.

Jumping Weak Punch.

Why.
Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 01:22:26 am by Kirishima
#9  June 20, 2011, 05:56:58 pm
    • Brazil
I don't like it. It feels rushed, even for a KFM sprite swap.

First thing's first:

- Learn the basics about get-hit-sprites and get-hit-animations: http://elecbyte.com/mugendocs/mugen.html#documentation

- Learn the basics about aligning. Basics of aligning: It has to look smooth. What you have here is rushing.

- I don't know how you managed to mix up the sizes of the sprites, but they don't go well together. What did you do?

- The collision boxes are crazy, inconsistent, and nonsensical. Here: http://kod.trinitymugen.net/K.O.D%27s_Basic_CLSN_Tutorial.html
       - In addition to that tutorial, look at Jesuszilla's Eagle for good clsn boxes. It is a good example of what yours should look like.

- The .sff has a bunch of small portraits in it. They're useless. Delete them. You could have actually used the actual sprites CVSNB made and put more time into the character instead of duplicating the small portrait more than 20 times.

- Turn on your debug at all times when creating. If you would have done that, then you would have seen most of the errors that I'm seeing from just starting this character up.

- Sprite swapping Kung Fu Man is good, but you need to make it more than just a sprite swipe, everything about this character feels wrong. I'm being general on purpose.

- I'm not going to get into the attacks and stuff because you should be able to align, do collision boxes, catch easy erros, and correctly do gethits first.

- Address those issues, then upload the character again for more feedback.

- Do not take this post as an insult. People will leave feedback you don't like and it's not to attack you personally, it's to point out your flaws. Whether pointing out the flaws is to make you feel stupid about yourself or help you improve, it doesn't matter, because  the flaws are still being pointed out and you can fix them.

- If you aren't going to listen feedback and you think I'm a crackhead for posting this, then at least I tried and good luck with your future endeavors.

Now THAT'S a feedback

Oh, and what's supposed to be the →, ↓, → + Y?
Also, his sprites change size when doing this move.
and you should add a background to the supers' effects.

Go on, it can be better. :D
#10  June 20, 2011, 08:55:43 pm
boys do not know what to tell you sincerely that I hoped you liked the most, in the past I did some chars of Mortal Kombat I were pretty good and I received only positive comments .... I'm sorry I will do my best in the future.
I still appreciate your criticism, which led me to do better .. and I realized that above all, make a tekken chars is not a specialty of mine XD
#11  June 20, 2011, 09:09:29 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
I realized that above all, make a tekken chars is not a specialty of mine XD
don't worry bro you'll  do better I see potential in this, its not bad after all...  ;)
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 11:43:49 pm by Lord Kain
#12  June 20, 2011, 10:00:55 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
-________________________________________________________________________________-
#13  June 20, 2011, 10:01:32 pm
  • hecc
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#14  June 20, 2011, 10:10:09 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
Cause he feels violated.... (his sprites... his concern....)
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 10:31:30 pm by Lord Kain
#15  June 20, 2011, 11:37:51 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I think it's the same feeling Marancv has about Alexlexus' Asura :-\

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#16  June 21, 2011, 12:59:59 am
    • USA
    • presleybright.bandcamp.com
I will do my best in the future.
I still appreciate your criticism, which led me to do better

That's the freakin' spirit!!!!!
#17  June 21, 2011, 01:18:55 am
    • Brazil
#18  June 21, 2011, 12:43:00 pm
guys .. since my chars has been so heavy criticism (and especially insults) I tell you one thing this will be the first and last chars you'll see I'm sorry That I Made
#19  June 21, 2011, 12:44:23 pm
I just hope for you that someone smarter than me to do a better
#20  June 21, 2011, 01:25:18 pm
  • Loading....Loading.....Error
I just hope for you that someone smarter than me to do a better

Critism isn't meant to discourage you. It's meant to help you improve. :| People like Dshiznit and Hero had to start somewhere, hell their first set of releases weren't that great. Feedback helped improve their characters to better releases.

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie