• A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
hahha classic!

I got it, here is some quick feedback (+ means good points, - bad points):

+ wondeful edits
+ taunt idea is very funny!
+ Nice pile drive on the bear at the intro :)
+  at the vein exploding

- I miss his classic laught
- some moves are very hard to pull off on a keyboard
- I think he combos too much, Zang is a heavy guy

nice work
Re: Ultimate Zangief
#3  July 24, 2011, 05:47:57 pm
His scars were brown because they are scars. They aren't actively bleeding, they are cuts from probably years ago. If you have been cut before you would know that scars don't look like that.
#4  July 24, 2011, 08:16:52 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
 ;D Very nice concept!

Some quick feedback...

- needs a proper readme with all moves
 - taunt is great, needs some sounds
 - classic laughter is really missing
 - you have to work on your throw binds...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#5  July 24, 2011, 08:31:06 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
His scars were brown because they are scars. They aren't actively bleeding, they are cuts from probably years ago. If you have been cut before you would know that scars don't look like that.
Yes, everyone here probably knows that Mr. Science.

He clearly stated that he did it for the sake of color separation and so that people can revive his colors from other series as well...but I guess you didn't read that part. ::)
The brown in the scars originally shares colors with some of the hair and its quite impossible to do some of his later game palettes..so there.

This is a good classic feel Gief...I like it a lot. Its true what Staubhold has mentioned, you need to put some more attention to the throws so they can pin right.

I look forward to updated versions of this. Great job.

"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#6  July 24, 2011, 11:13:18 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Code:
life = 1220
power = 3000
;attack power (more is stronger)
attack = 100
;defensive power (more is stronger)
defence = 115

Why increase his defence if his health is already above average? That makes his life actually 1403 instead of 1220, 1220 already being ridiculously high. 1200 is good enough. And you should probably make defence 100

doing SPD without chaining into it (which shouldnt even be possible) is almost impossible on its own. After checking out the .cmd this is why

Code:
triggerall = statetype != A
trigger1 = statetype = S
trigger1 = ctrl
Why is trigger1 statetype=S if the triggerall is statetype!=A. That trigger1 should be removed. As far as trigger1=ctrl most people use the following
Code:
trigger1= ctrl ||statetype=40

That's used so that the command parses during the jumpstart since you press up at some point.

Code:
triggerall = statetype != S
trigger1 = statetype = A

That is redundant. Just make the triggerall statetype=A

-Why is SPD only able to be done with X, why does it do so little damage?
-The FAB does as much damage as the regular should be doing aaannnnd I'm pretty sure zangief moves with the german suplexes . The lack of motion on it makes it look weird.
-Why does the running powerbomb have such slow walk speed? Why is said move a HCF, it should be a 360 as well.
-His dash is useless since it's so slow
-Why does he need a super jump?
-Why is lariat completely invulnerable?

what.

WHAT.

WHAT!

Yeay I finally get to release Ultimate Zangief!  ;D He is a mix between Street I never liked that Zangief had a quicker spinning clothesline that did basically the same thing as his slower one

That was because the 3P lariat had upper invulnerability and the 3k lariat had lower invulnerability. It was strategic and served a very valid purpose.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 11:44:50 pm by OverHappy Kamekaze
#7  July 25, 2011, 02:28:20 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the tips everyone! - This being my first real char I was bound to drop the ball a couple of times - I'll try to get everything fixed for the next update. o_O

Code:
life = 1220
power = 3000
;attack power (more is stronger)
attack = 100
;defensive power (more is stronger)
defence = 115

Why increase his defence if his health is already above average? That makes his life actually 1403 instead of 1220, 1220 already being ridiculously high. 1200 is good enough. And you should probably make defence 100

doing SPD without chaining into it (which shouldnt even be possible) is almost impossible on its own. After checking out the .cmd this is why

Code:
triggerall = statetype != A
trigger1 = statetype = S
trigger1 = ctrl
Why is trigger1 statetype=S if the triggerall is statetype!=A. That trigger1 should be removed. As far as trigger1=ctrl most people use the following
Code:
trigger1= ctrl ||statetype=40

That's used so that the command parses during the jumpstart since you press up at some point.

Code:
triggerall = statetype != S
trigger1 = statetype = A

That is redundant. Just make the triggerall statetype=A

-Why is SPD only able to be done with X, why does it do so little damage?
-The FAB does as much damage as the regular should be doing aaannnnd I'm pretty sure zangief moves with the german suplexes . The lack of motion on it makes it look weird.
-Why does the running powerbomb have such slow walk speed? Why is said move a HCF, it should be a 360 as well.
-His dash is useless since it's so slow
-Why does he need a super jump?
-Why is lariat completely invulnerable?

what.

WHAT.

WHAT!

Yeay I finally get to release Ultimate Zangief!  ;D He is a mix between Street I never liked that Zangief had a quicker spinning clothesline that did basically the same thing as his slower one

That was because the 3P lariat had upper invulnerability and the 3k lariat had lower invulnerability. It was strategic and served a very valid purpose.

health 1220 - That's the health system I have for my game I meant to change it to 1000 before release but got over looked.

SPD CMD - Thanks for that tip

SPD damage - I'll increase that

Running Power bomb cmd & speed - I wanted it to be a little easier to pull off so I decreased the speed of the run so it's not to uber

Super Jump - This is a custom Zangief & I wanted it - Same reason you make custom chars that have grooves or Sabertooth that might play in MvC3 etc... As stated I want him to play similar to MvC style but still retaining the feel of classic - I think I acomplished that.

Fast spinning clothesline - I like the new move better - old one might have had upper fireball invunerability but I just didn't like it

Hit Boxes - I guess Green hitboxes don't show up in debug - Are they depreciated for Mugen 1.0? - I'll change them over to blue just to be safe.

Your feedback was very helpfull Kamakaze.
Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 02:59:20 am by ELECTR0
#8  July 25, 2011, 02:44:11 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Why o_O do o_O you o_O keep o_O putting o_O this o_O smiley o_O in o_O all o_O your o_O posts !? o_O :S
#9  July 25, 2011, 03:01:24 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
Because I like it of course - In the 10 years that I have been modding various games I've always used green text with a dash for a period & a smiley - Not gonna stop now o_O
#10  July 25, 2011, 04:20:39 am
  • Rawr!
lol haven't tried the character yet.. but it looks good.. got alot of potential... nothing beats classics imo.. and dude..  i over use the o.0 face so.. i'm right with ya on that one! o.0
#11  July 25, 2011, 06:14:34 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
if you're gonna use a default clsn you have to remember that using another will instantly override the previous one unless its on the exact same frame. You only need one default clsn unless the sprites no longer fit it at some point.

Also the clsns in general, you have a ridiculous amount of any attack clsn. And 0 priority for all attacks seems a bit useless. Not all attacks have priority but all of them also dont have the lack of priority. The headbutt clsn is why i posted that because of how nonsensical it looked.

As for the running powerbomb, just because its HCF doesnt mean its nerfed to the point of not even being worth it anymore. Double his speed at least or something, right now its useless.

your lariat (which is supposed to be 3p not 2) is a infinite on characters that cant block in the air btw.

And as far as my sabretooth, it's not custom. It's a interpretation of what he would be like in mvc3.  I also took the time to research the game to make sure I had everything system wise as accurate as possible.

more importantly, you still have ONE SPD, he should have 3 of them........
Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 06:13:41 pm by OverHappy Kamekaze
#12  July 25, 2011, 09:35:25 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
I've taken everything you've said into consideration & most of what you tipped at has already been added or close to it along with reworked hit boxes - I do have one Q thow does it really matter if there are numerous hit boxes if they hug the leg or arm or should there just be one gigantic one that doesn't hug the char - What is the downfall or benifit from doing this? - From what I can tell it doesn't add any more hits - Just wondering so I know how best to procede. o_O
#13  July 25, 2011, 11:01:13 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
2-3 blues is the standard in all fighters pretty much. The only time that you should go over 3 is if its a attacking frame. That and too many clsn's on frame can actually lag a person's mugen who has lesser resources to work with ram wise. And as far as attacking goes it makes a big difference. Zangief is considered a big hit box thus one box should cover his body on his stance while another covers his head. it doesnt have to completely cover his body but you get what I mean. This applies to all of his clsns as well. Look at my Condor(not sure if my zangief is up to my current standards but check him out too) for example on ctrl+S.
#14  July 25, 2011, 11:58:46 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
You may want to change the authorname too in the DEF file. He wasn't made by Elecbyte. ::)
#15  July 27, 2011, 03:31:50 pm
    • www.ablsearch.com/gamingforum/
awesome edit..there is too many characters in mugen that would over power him easily since he does not projectile move, I would add an invencible special move that cannot be stopped and a grab form a farther range.. Awesome character man!
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#16  August 02, 2011, 02:52:18 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Uh....lariat and green hand? 
#17  August 02, 2011, 02:58:47 am
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
I never really understood how Zangief conveniently has a magical green hand. :P
#18  August 02, 2011, 06:30:43 am
He wrestled with bears from Chernobyl. One bit his hand(s), and from then onward, his backhand was unstoppable.
#19  August 03, 2011, 03:32:19 am
  • Cthulhu fhtagn !
Ha, why not ? Capcom themselves have come up with worse shit that that.
#20  August 03, 2011, 09:19:17 pm
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada