YesNoOk

Live streaming Window/screen//Desktop programs? (Read 28949 times)

Started by Sheng Long, March 15, 2017, 03:11:40 am
Share this topic:
Live streaming Window/screen//Desktop programs?
#1  March 15, 2017, 03:11:40 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Are there any alternatives to OBS (possibly free) that can live stream a selected region of a desktop, or window screen, or entire desktop to something like twitch.tv? I looked around, but most of them now days you pay for something like this. Though the one I used in the past was not the top of the list of its day, but it was free, and it worked.

I remember there were a few of these smaller software titles back in the day when I was trying to stream my game programming screen as I was working on the coding. But now for the life of me, can't recall what the name of it was. Drives me crazy when I can't recall the name of something I've used in the past, and now don't even have any references of it.
I don't think that software even exists any more. Though a lot of people suggest OBS to stream the desktop to twitch, but I am looking for alternatives for that. Besides, I don't think OBS has the option for you to do a region/selection of a window, just the entire desktop, or entire/current window..

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."