YesNoOk

High Res Hitsparks (Read 11753 times)

Started by Ryon, July 02, 2010, 05:37:33 am
Share this topic:
High Res Hitsparks
#1  July 02, 2010, 05:37:33 am
  • "The Future is Now"
...How should i code it?

i once tried using a explod and it worked fine, but someone told me i shouldnt because i have a limit of explods allowed on screen or something (even when i remove then after there animation time is up)

i've seen it done by BC using a single helper in the attack state.
and by ..someone else i forget, using alot of helpers and vars?

whats the best way to achieve High Res Hit sparks in Mugen 1.0 ?

GT

Re: High Res Hitsparks
#2  July 02, 2010, 05:41:37 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#3  July 02, 2010, 05:44:20 am
  • "The Future is Now"
this looks familiar... maybe i helped SYN with some effects... my raging andy has the same coding implemented.. but i wanted to learn my own method.. for the sake of everything holy.

GT

#4  July 02, 2010, 05:45:13 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
=X
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#5  July 02, 2010, 05:53:51 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
Coding hi res sparks as a Explod alone will give you cosmetic problems later on. You have to note that MoveHit/Guarded (if you were planning to use that trigger) won't act the way you think it might on things like 2 hit attacks in team modes. If you're in team mode and you have 2 explods to play on 1st and 2nd attack and other team member blocks it the spark will play at it's 1st position on the other team member. It's a bad way to use this type of example but I know as I've done it) You could use HitCount triggers to see what results you get on 2 hitters but ultimately the best way to code hi res sparks is with 2* variables (1 for sparks and 1 for guard spark, * if you want to use more them 2 for super spark ect), Invisible helper and put the Explod there, or even ModifyExplod. You will also notice that when you do hit your opponent the spark wont come out right away is if you would if you used sparkno in your HitDef, it will come out on hit shake of p2 (Had talks with Cyanide about this a while back). The team mode is what I am consered about even though I really shouldnt but trying TeamMode and TeamSide would be where to look first.

Looked at a few people who use hi res sparks done that way and in team mode say p1 attacks 2 people at the same time. p3 doesnt block but p4 does, attack is succesful but only hit spark shows, sometimes only block spark shows, sometimes both.
#6  July 02, 2010, 11:25:48 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
thanks.

i'll try syn's method.