YesNoOk

I need help with commands on one single button for tag and assists (Add004) (Read 1627 times)

Started by RaitoADV, January 28, 2020, 05:36:17 am
Share this topic:
I need help with commands on one single button for tag and assists (Add004)
#1  January 28, 2020, 05:36:17 am
  • I do things...I guess.
    • Mexico
Hello there! I'm kinda new to the forum (or at least topic wise lol) and I need some help here.

I'm doing some changes to the default commands Add004 (ver 25.03.2019) so that instead of pressing "Y + A" for Assist and "Fwd/Bck + Y + A" for Tag, you only have to use one button (that being "C"). I want to do it "DBFZ" style, where pressing C brings out the Assist and holding C for a second does the Tag...the thing is, I don't know what should I put on "hold C for a sec" command.

I saw stuff with slash (/) and tilde (~) and other things on a tutorial MFG post, but those only work for "hold for X ticks, then release manually". What I want is to hold the button for X ticks and then automatically tagging without having to release the button manually.

Also, how can I avoid getting the assist to appear on screen while trying to hold the C button for tagging? Should I put a trigger on the assist state?

I would really appreciate the help a lot! If you need code examples, I'll be glad to provide them! Thanks!
Re: I need help with commands on one single button for tag and assists (Add004)
#2  January 30, 2020, 01:28:32 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Also, how can I avoid getting the assist to appear on screen while trying to hold the C button for tagging? Should I put a trigger on the assist state?

This is how I immediately thought to do it.

Get your assist working the way you want it to. Have it trigger with the button you want. Once that's done, you'll change 1 or 2 things.
You can create a blank animation in the Air file, or if you have one, use that anim number as the animation for the state.
Create a ChangeAnim to switch to the value of the Assist move.

If your Assist move uses Time =  as triggers you will need to change those to use AnimElemNo or something similar. If you're not familiar with those, check this out. >> http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/anim-vs-animelem-vs-animelemno-vs-animelemtime-vs-animtime-169010.0.html

In the ChangeAnim, you will check to see if the button you use IS NOT HELD DOWN, and if the blank animation is active.
Directly under that changeanim, you will want a changestate.

The ChangeState needs to switch to the Tag in state number.
You will want to trigger it if the blank animation is playing, If the amount of tics you want has passed, and if the button you chose IS HELD DOWN.

That should get you going.
You may get hiccups in the Assist move. If you do, make sure it's not using Time =
And
You'll want to make a
triggerall = anim = AssistAnimValue
for all of the things in the state messing up.

----
One mess up that could possibly happen is if you don't have a Trigger2 = Time > tics you want to change to Tag.
Add a fail safe to your changeanim so it HAS to switch to it's animation after so many tics. But it will have to be longer than the time allowed to tag out.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv