YesNoOk

the tournament tracking thread ~2016 edition~ (Read 505671 times)

Started by c001357, January 27, 2011, 06:28:26 am
Share this topic:
Re: the tournament tracking thread ~2016 edition~
#1641  February 07, 2018, 10:41:59 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Xhominid, I don't mean to start anything, but don't you think the way you're getting your point across sounds kinda dickish in tone? I get it, you don't like Capcom and their games and you're glad that MvCI got shafted this year, but calling it an insult and the overall aggression in tone in your recent posts isn't the way to go about expressing it. Darkflare pointed out all the reasons as stated in a more calm mannered tone than you did. You're just dogging people out for no real reason. And no, I don't mind that DBFZ is getting in over MvC, in fact I encourage it cause the game is legit fun to play and watch for the most part, even though I think that MvC is still the better game.
#1642  February 08, 2018, 12:00:04 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Xhominid, I don't mean to start anything, but don't you think the way you're getting your point across sounds kinda dickish in tone? I get it, you don't like Capcom and their games and you're glad that MvCI got shafted this year, but calling it an insult and the overall aggression in tone in your recent posts isn't the way to go about expressing it. Darkflare pointed out all the reasons as stated in a more calm mannered tone than you did. You're just dogging people out for no real reason. And no, I don't mind that DBFZ is getting in over MvC, in fact I encourage it cause the game is legit fun to play and watch for the most part, even though I think that MvC is still the better game.

Dickish? Nope, I'm just being real to the overall situation and have no time for people trying to play the "it deserves a spot atleast once" card when other games never did even get to the Main Stage once.

I've seen the reactions, the stupidity and the overall stupidity way more than I care to dream of and at the same time, I've also seen other communities simply do without EVO and make other major tourneys their EVO. The excuses that Marvel fans are bringing up with BBCTB coming out 2 months before EVO is ridiculous when this happened 3 times before(KI2013, MKX and IJ) but now people want to suddenly care because Marvel was denied a spot over many other reasons.

And you are saying that I'm sounding too aggressive? Probably but that's because I have a VERY low tolerance to games like MvC:I and SFV who we know are stacked next to a company that should know and do better. And with them wanting to go the E-Sports route, it would be an utter insult to allow such a terrible product to be anywhere near EVO's main stage over other quality games that have never touched that stage once, especially with them trying to push the E-Sports narrative. Capcom should take this as a boot to the ass as they should and while it sucks the community has to suffer, you guys will live just like every other community that can't touch the Main Stage has and will.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1643  February 08, 2018, 12:11:28 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Markman on Twitter issued an apology to the Marvel community for how he and Wizard acted during the livestream including the Marvel Hat thing.

Don't expect Wiz to follow up.
#1644  February 08, 2018, 12:26:12 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Always had respect for MarkMan and Im glad he said something I wish Wiz would follow. Atleast it looks like MVCI will be a pretty sick side events. Also MVCI is not a terrible product at all its unpolished and not the prettiest thing in the world but as a game it works like it should. It has content, a really good gameplay and a really great netplay system with online training mode and great lobby. Like as a product its actually is way better than vanilla mvc3 beside the obvious graphic issue. Again the game is unpolished but I dont think its an horrible product.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1645  February 08, 2018, 01:11:01 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA

I actually don't see a problem with wanting to go E-Sports. I really don't. It seemed like a good idea but was badly executed. Also, as an owner of MvC:I, yes it far from great, but's no way 'terrible'. I'd ask why do you think that, but I already know cause others feel the same. Another thing, how is having MvC:I at the main stage an 'insult'? I really don't get that and you've been saying it quite a lot in your posts, but not really explaining it, at least from what I've seen. One more thing to consider, the two month thing for Cross Tag to a lot of people seems like they wanted to get it out to just to cash in on EVO, and the games you mentioned were during a time before Evo actually started to pick up steam, so there is some good reasoning for being upset about BBCTB being in before Marvel.

Maybe I haven't fully understand your posts, but it still seems like unnecessary jabs.
#1646  February 08, 2018, 01:17:24 am
Wiz saying that no one played Marvel is indeed lying his ass off. But it's also a cover up for what I assume is the real reason.

No I can't feel sorry for the MvCI community being disrespected. It sucks yeah, but tough shit and welcome to the club. There have been many fighters that never got a chance at Evo's main stage for many different reasons. I'm not gonna feel bad because a game with questionable quality control (as Capcom would say) is being held back by a know-nothing comics company who wanted to make an advertising cashgrab. No one's gonna pity the Unist community for playing a small, niche anime fighter.

Their community is gonna have to work harder to get their game out there, and hope that Marvel gets their head out of their ass and support the game. The more crying and less supporting the MvCI community do, the more likely the game will really be dead.

Tag Battle

I don't like BBTag being there either, but that's only because I'd prefer Central Fiction. I get it though, Arc wants that game that they're making more "Western friendly." Lineup is really underwhelming tbh, only interested in Guilty and Dragonball.
#1647  February 08, 2018, 01:20:46 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Im still mad but atleast the side event will be pretty good especially with what I am seeing on twitter from the marvel community
Atleast I still have SFVAE to look out for and tekken 7
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1648  February 08, 2018, 06:29:11 am
Everyone was well aware that MvCI was likely going to miss the opportunity of being showcased at Evo. DBFZ completely stole the show and offers everything it brought to the table and more. Many players who were primarily Marvel players are focusing on that game.

Quite frankly given the lack of respect Capcom/Marvel had for the longtime players of Marvel games that game shouldn't be supported anyway, it'll just enable Capcom to continue that practice in the future, rather than listen to the feedback that their dedicated fans have been giving them all this time.
#1649  May 26, 2018, 04:37:09 am
#1650  May 26, 2018, 07:03:27 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I love this mugen tourney backed by the awesome commentary.  I lost it at Jebailey maining Fat Albert.