YesNoOk

[GR style] Ten characters updated (11/25/21, Thanksgiving update) (Read 2703510 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, October 24, 2015, 09:09:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: [GR style] Seven GR characters updated (11/21/18)
#401  November 21, 2018, 10:36:38 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Reimu, Marisa, Flandre, Yuyuko, Yukari, Komachi, & Meimu updated

Reimu:
=====================================
11/21/18 - Version 2018.11.21

- Fixed issue with resets on certain Normals.

Meimu:

- Fixed width issues.

Marisa, Flandre, Yuyuko, Yukari, & Komachi:

- Fixed a minor issue with corner crossups.
Re: [GR style] Yukari updated (11/24/18), Seven GR characters updated (11/21/18)
#402  November 25, 2018, 03:17:00 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
GR Yukari updated

11/24/18 - Version 2018.11.24

- Fixed reset issue on several Normals.
Re: [GR style] Yuyuko updated (11/28/18), Yukari updated (11/24/18)
#403  November 29, 2018, 02:13:53 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Yuyuko updated

11/28/18 - Version 2018.11.28

- 2y: Corrected hitdef attribute.
- Throw: Corrected bug that prevented opponent from teching.
Re: [GR style] All GR characters updated (12/02/18)
#404  December 02, 2018, 09:02:57 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
All GR characters updated

Reimu:
12/02/18 - Version 2018.12.02

- 6z: Hitstun increased by 3f, blockstun by 1f.
- 6xyz/4xyz: Projectile invincibility now lasts until landing. Can now cancel into from all Normals.

Marisa:

- "Blazing Star": Corrected glitch when Marisa reaches the end of stage.

Flandre:

- "Laevatein": Now faces opponent when landing.

Cirno:

- 3y: Now becomes a projectile when button is released.

All characters:

- [System] Fixed bug involving OTGs.
Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 02:33:25 am by Ricepigeon
Re: [GR style] Marisa, Chen, & Meiling updated (12/08/18)
#405  December 09, 2018, 03:25:27 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Marisa, Chen, & Meiling updated

Marisa:
12/08/18 - Version 2018.12.08

- Witch Leyline: No longer hits overhead.
- "Blazing Star": No longer hits overhead.

Chen:

- Adjusted Hitvels on Aerial Normals.
- Immortal Sage's Rumbling: Velocities increased, hitbox size slightly increased.
- Dharmapala's Rampage: Can now hit airborne opponents.

Meiling:

- Fixed Intro bug.
Re: [GR style] Sanae updated (12/10/18), Marisa, Chen, & Meiling updated (12/08/18)
#406  December 11, 2018, 02:53:11 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Sanae updated

12/10/18 - Version 2018.12.10

- 5x: Hitbox priority decreased.
- 5y: Hitbox priority decreased.
- 6y: Hitbox priority decreased.
- 5z: Hitbox priority decreased.
- 2x: Startup increased by 1f, Hitbox priority decreased.
- 2y: Hitbox size & priority decreased.
- j5x: Startup increased by 2f, Hitbox size & priority decreased.
- j5y: Hitbox size & priority decreased.
- j5z: Hitbox size & priority decreased.
Re: [GR style] Sanae updated (12/10/18), Marisa, Chen, & Meiling updated (12/08/18)
#407  December 11, 2018, 03:39:44 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

Ok, I think it's about time for me to write a little rant about these "updates." I never bring it up as I thought this issue was minor, but it still keeps happening to this day and has officially come to the point that I can no longer keep quiet about this.

How long are going to keep posting updates for the Gensokyo Reloaded characters? You just updated them a week ago with one or two simple fixes, and then you posted another update of the same characters a few days later with more issues that could have been resolved previously. What you are doing is so tedious and annoying, I even lost track of how many times you done it as this is not the first time it happened. You even stopped posting dates on when they were updated on the file names recently, making it even more difficult to keep track unless they see this post and visit your website. Is there any reason behind that?

This is also a big issue as if people want to use your characters as a template to make their own Gensokyo Reloaded characters or do some personal edits. Since there's never a finalized version, it renders them obsolete automatically after one single update you make. I remember a user here used one of your characters as a template to make a Gensokyo Reloaded version of Tenshi Hinanawi, but it's already obsolete before it's release since it's plagued with bugs you decided to fix later on. For every update you make, you are slowly killing their projects to the point they're abandoned and no longer giving them support. One or two issues is fine, but a huge list of them after that? The issues slowly adds up and gets too technical they can't fix it themselves.

When I heard you announced that you are working on a new Touhou project called Incident Zero a while back, I was hoping you would've moved on and put your focus and energy on that. But that turns out that still hasn't changed anything. If you're just going to continue updating the Gensokyo Reloaded characters for the sake of balance or minor bug fixes in small consecutive updates, it makes me less want to use the new versions of them since they play the same just with different FX and mechanics. I don't recall any feedback asking for these specific changes.

When I posted that comment on the first page 3 years ago, I was excited to see you move on to new things. But coming to now, what I said that day was a mistake. All the Gensokyo Reloaded characters are already finished and complete, so why do you continue sticking into them like glue? I never seen someone update the same characters over 20 times nor have I seen you done this back in your old M.U.G.E.N days. Why not revisit your old characters as they needed it most? You don't even have those characters on your website either, so what's exactly stopping you from doing that?

Ricepigeon, you used to be one of my favorite creators. But now, you have officially lost it for me. A spark that shows a sign of uniqueness towards other creators has been burnt out. I'm sure there are people out there that feels the same way I do.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#408  December 11, 2018, 03:57:18 am
Ehm, you cant bash people for updating their stuff, you should be happy people take time to upload stuff at all. ( I did not read the rest of that wall of text)
#409  December 11, 2018, 04:10:00 am
  • A human that exists sometimes.
    • USA
Ricepigeon, you used to be one of my favorite creators. But now, you have officially lost it for me. A spark that shows a sign of uniqueness towards other creators has been burnt out. I'm sure there are people out there that feels the same way I do.

He's lost your spot as favorite because he wants to polish his creations as much as he can? If thats your problem, you should probably reconsider your priorities.
do the thing

lui

#410  December 11, 2018, 04:12:03 am
    • USA
He's working on his own creations when he wants. Not for YOU

You sound extremely entitled right now and if you want to embarass yourself by getting mad at a creator UPDATING HIS STUFF WHEN ITS NOT AS POLISHED AS IT CAN BE then man idk what to tell you
#411  December 11, 2018, 04:18:10 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Wow, this was unexpected. Let me dissect this piece by piece and respond appropriately.

How long are going to keep posting updates for the Gensokyo Reloaded characters? You just updated them a week ago with one or two simple fixes, and then you posted another update of the same characters a few days later with more issues that could have been resolved previously. What you are doing is so tedious and annoying, I even lost track of how many times you done it as this is not the first time it happened.

The main focus right now is the Gensokyo Reloaded fullgame. We're in the process of making what is effectively the final build of the game, and we want to iron out as many issues as we possibly can. Sometimes things go unnoticed, and when I become aware of them, I address them ASAP. These recent and frequent updates just so happen to be the result of this. It's more important now than ever that these issues get ironed out before we release the final build of the game.

You even stopped posting dates on when they were updated on the file names recently, making it even more difficult to keep track unless they see this post and visit your website. Is there any reason behind that?

This was done for the sake of convenience and reduce the workload of having to replace every single URL each time a character gets updated, which becomes extremely tedious when you have 30+ characters.

This is also a big issue as if people want to use your characters as a template to make their own Gensokyo Reloaded characters or do some personal edits. Since there's never a finalized version, it renders them obsolete automatically after one single update you make. I remember a user here used one of your characters as a template to make a Gensokyo Reloaded version of Tenshi Hinanawi, but it's already obsolete before it's release since it's plagued with bugs you decided to fix later on. For every update you make, you are slowly killing their projects to the point they're abandoned and no longer giving them support. One or two issues is fine, but a huge list of them after that? The issues slowly adds up and gets too technical they can't fix it themselves.

When I posted that comment on the first page 3 years ago, I was excited to see you move on to new things. But coming to now, what I said that day was a mistake. All the Gensokyo Reloaded characters are already finished and complete, so why do you continue sticking into them like glue? I never seen someone update the same characters over 20 times nor have I seen you done this back in your old M.U.G.E.N days.

See my response above regarding to finalizing the build of the game.

Why not revisit your old characters as they needed it most? You don't even have those characters on your website either, so what's exactly stopping you from doing that?

I have already done this. The GR versions of those characters are effectively my revisits, and those that didn't get this treatment (ie: Hina & Yuugi) were because the sprites were, in retrospect, unusable for a polished product.

When I heard you announced that you are working on a new Touhou project called Incident Zero a while back, I was hoping you would've moved on and put your focus and energy on that. But that turns out that still hasn't changed anything. If you're just going to continue updating the Gensokyo Reloaded characters for the sake of balance or minor bug fixes in small consecutive updates, it makes me less want to use the new versions of them since they play the same just with different FX and mechanics. I don't recall any feedback asking for these specific changes.

I've already taken this into account when designing the IZ versions of these characters. Granted there's always going to be similarity with the same character between game systems (ie: Ryu will always play like Ryu, Zangief like Zangief, etc), but I feel that I've implemented enough of a difference between the two systems and their character movesets to the point where neither is redundant and gives an incentive to use both versions. And this isn't even taking extreme cases like Reisen and Yukari into account, whose movesets have been drastically changed to the point where they now play much differently.
Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 04:21:43 am by Ricepigeon
#412  December 11, 2018, 05:34:25 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

The main focus right now is the Gensokyo Reloaded fullgame. We're in the process of making what is effectively the final build of the game, and we want to iron out as many issues as we possibly can. Sometimes things go unnoticed, and when I become aware of them, I address them ASAP. These recent and frequent updates just so happen to be the result of this. It's more important now than ever that these issues get ironed out before we release the final build of the game.
When you announced Incident Zero a couple of months back, I thought Gensokyo Reloaded was already completed or near completion. Handling two full games projects can be difficult and hard to keep track of so I thought that was the case. I know you're just trying to fix many bugs for the full game, but I just didn't see what's the point of certain updates such as changing hitboxes when they don't affect characters outside the full game. That's why issues like these are hard to tell and certain feedback can't be proven with other characters. Another reason why it was hard to keep up with the updates is because of bandwidth. Some of the files aren't edited so people will be downloading files that aren't updated. It was sad to see what happened to that user who made that GR Tenshi Hinanawi, he lost confidence on his project and was abandoned shortly after her release. When GR is officially out, I hope that doesn't happen anymore.

I have already done this. The GR versions of those characters are effectively my revisits, and those that didn't get this treatment (ie: Hina & Yuugi) were because the sprites were, in retrospect, unusable for a polished product.
I was thinking of your even earlier characters way before GR. Like the SSB Touhou, Inuyusha, Pokemon, etc. They're not on your website and feel a little out of date. I hope YouTube wasn't the sole reason behind them as it's not a very good place to show off creations as there will be a lot of people who just want the characters for themselves.

I've already taken this into account when designing the IZ versions of these characters. Granted there's always going to be similarity with the same character between game systems (ie: Ryu will always play like Ryu, Zangief like Zangief, etc), but I feel that I've implemented enough of a difference between the two systems and their character movesets to the point where neither is redundant and gives an incentive to use both versions. And this isn't even taking extreme cases like Reisen and Yukari into account, whose movesets have been drastically changed to the point where they now play much differently.
Ok, but at least you did plan ahead of time when announced IZ. It's not just about your old characters, but to that project as well. I like to see that it improve. That's why I posted that rant as I thought you're paying less attention to it.

Oh, and for those think I'm "entitled," I made a post about this earlier on 6 months ago on DW's character update topic. The global moderator Speedpreacher understands how constant updates can be a pain for naming triggers for intros. DW took it lightly and tries not push too much updates after a main one unless feedback is involved. If I said that 3 years ago without any reason behind it, then yes I would be considered "entitled." But why did I waited until now to say it instead of back then with plenty of points to back up my argument? I know Ricepigeon is a great creator and I've been keeping track of him since my first post on the first page, but other people today who visits this post and his site will not see that. If I kept quiet, then no one will ever know the truth behind his updates. Cut some slack, you guys just wrote a sentence about me without reason and didn't bother to read any of it. At least I became prepared.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 05:45:04 am by SolidZone 26
#413  December 11, 2018, 05:45:35 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
From someone who spent quite a long time having to re-edit name triggers for intros I can empathize

But if he's gonna update he's gonna update

Yeah, that Speedpreacher guy is smart you should listen to him.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#414  December 11, 2018, 11:52:28 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
It was sad to see what happened to that user who made that GR Tenshi Hinanawi, he lost confidence on his project and was abandoned shortly after her release.
That's untrue. The character was updated a number of times after its initial release before recently being completely revamped while still retaining the GR style of gameplay. He's been working on another GR-style character as of late.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#415  December 11, 2018, 01:08:38 pm
  • Half-Dead Shinzaki
  • Meme Machine
    • USA
    • mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/24324-our-works-directory/
SolidZone 26 said:
Oh, and for those think I'm "entitled," I made a post about this earlier on 6 months ago on DW's character update topic. The global moderator Speedpreacher understands how constant updates can be a pain for naming triggers for intros. DW took it lightly and tries not push too much updates after a main one unless feedback is involved. If I said that 3 years ago without any reason behind it, then yes I would be considered "entitled." But why did I waited until now to say it instead of back then with plenty of points to back up my argument? I know Ricepigeon is a great creator and I've been keeping track of him since my first post on the first page, but other people today who visits this post and his site will not see that. If I kept quiet, then no one will ever know the truth behind his updates. Cut some slack, you guys just wrote a sentence about me without reason and didn't bother to read any of it. At least I became prepared.

Weird that you implied that you weren't entitled, since y'know, you were complaining about how he's been updating GR over IZ in a way that sounds such.

SolidZone 26 said:
It was sad to see what happened to that user who made that GR Tenshi Hinanawi, he lost confidence on his project and was abandoned shortly after her release.
When was this?
#416  December 11, 2018, 04:29:51 pm
    • USA
Look, if you can't grasp the simple concept that, Rice is human, things will of course slip passed him. As it does with ALL of us. And that he simply wants the best polish for his characters. Then I advise just leaving this thread and coming back when the full release is in the "Gold" state. THEN you can make all the THGR style characters you want without worry.
Re: [GR style] Yukari updated (12/16/18), Sanae updated (12/10/18)
#417  December 17, 2018, 12:43:37 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
GR Yukari has been updated

12/16/18 - Version 2018.12.16

- 2 additional Palettes added.
- Gazing Eye: Fixed bug that allowed opponent to recover prematurely.
Re: [GR style] Remilia updated (12/20/18), Yukari updated (12/16/18)
#418  December 21, 2018, 02:55:21 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Remilia updated

12/20/18 - Version 2018.12.20

- Chain Gang [X & Y ver]: Proration increased (80%->85%).
- Chain Gang [Z ver]: Damage decreased (30->20), proration increased (75%->80%).
- Vampire Kiss: Corrected bug with inputs.
Re: [GR style] Flandre updated (12/29/18), Remilia updated (12/20/18)
#419  December 29, 2018, 11:42:25 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Flandre updated

12/29/18 - Version 2018.12.29

- [System] Corrected bug involving dash landing states.
- [System] Minor sound adjustments.
- 2y: Hitbox adjusted, now moves forward slightly.
- 2z: Minor graphical adjustments.
Re: [GR style] Hong Meiling & Mima updated (12/31/18), Flandre updated (12/29/18)
#420  December 31, 2018, 09:33:46 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
GR Meiling & GR Mima updated with a shared bugfix

12/31/18 - Version 2018.12.31

- Fixed bug with launcher states.