YesNoOk

Stocking release + Panty update (Read 23042 times)

Started by シム (Shim), August 06, 2018, 07:07:27 am
Share this topic:
Stocking release + Panty update
#1  August 06, 2018, 07:07:27 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
    • Skype - Shimmering Brony
    • sites.google.com/view/shim-m-u-g-e-n/home
Well now I released what some of you were waiting for, yep, its...

Stocking!!

Screenshots:

Also, I updated Panty once again.

Update log:

1. Corrected some damage inputs.
2. Re-added the hyper, Bangin' Up, in its explicit version.

Links:

Stocking: http://www.mediafire.com/file/asip93irwye16aa/St%2Ack%2Ang_SB.rar

Panty: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ifrte4fdedkceqi/Panty_SB.rar

One thing that worth noting for Panty's update, her lewd hyper is disabled as default as the safe version, you have to change it back on options.txt, while the suggestive intro against certain male characters is enabled by default.

And one more thing... If Panty faces Equestria Girls Applejack, she will still call her a 'horse' despite being a human, its not really gonna be a mistake huehuehue

If any of you find any bugs, please report them here.

Y dafuf is MediaFire censoring the word 'Stocking' huh
Nep-Nep-Nep! Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Neeeeep!

Support me on PayPal!
Re: Stocking release + Panty update
#2  August 06, 2018, 07:42:43 pm
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
Nice job.
Spriting is harder than I thought.
#3  August 06, 2018, 11:46:24 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Thanks for the release of Stocking, been waiting for her for a while. Here's feedback on her:

-The fightfx's hitsparks don't appear on Critical Slash and FLY AWAY NOW when it hits.
-A suggestion, but Critical Slash should have one of the slash text from FLY AWAY NOW on the last hit.

As for Panty, I'm glad you reconsidered my previous feedback a few months ago regarding the Bangin' Up hyper. However, I have some feedback to post about her as well:

-The damage on both versions of Bangin' Up feels weak. Don't know why you nerf the damage as I thought it was fine in the previous update and that Stocking's hypers felt stronger than hers unless it's intentional.
-The lewd version only counts 6 combo hits when it should have been 8.

Other than these, I don't see any major issues with both characters. Will update if I do find anything.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#4  August 06, 2018, 11:51:54 pm
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
Thanks for the release of Stocking, been waiting for her for a while. Here's feedback on her:

-The fightfx's hitsparks don't appear on Critical Slash and FLY AWAY NOW when it hits.
-A suggestion, but Critical Slash should have one of the slash text from FLY AWAY NOW on the last hit.

As for Panty, I'm glad you reconsidered my previous feedback a few months ago regarding the Bangin' Up hyper. However, I have some feedback to post about her as well:

-The damage on both versions of Bangin' Up feels weak. Don't know why you nerf the damage as I thought it was fine in the previous update and that Stocking's hypers felt stronger than hers unless it's intentional.

Other than these, I don't see any major issues with both characters. Will update if I do find anything.

1. I didn't think it wasn't needed to add hitsparks.

As for the suggestion, well, its because the text its meant to be for FLY AWAY NOW.

2. They're level 1 hypers, and both deal the same damage.

Support me on PayPal!
#5  August 07, 2018, 12:17:51 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico

As for the suggestion, well, its because the text its meant to be for FLY AWAY NOW.

2. They're level 1 hypers, and both Bangin' Up hypers deal the same damage.

Support me on PayPal!
#6  August 08, 2018, 07:56:50 pm
  • Manchild who likes pancakes
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
-I recommend remapping there charge moves to the kick buttons. When ever I try to use another move, there's a chance I use their charge moves instead

-When Panty's counter activates (the part of the move where she... "dances"), can you please give it a bigger range? It tends to backfire when the other player uses a long ranged physical
My hat is a pancake.
Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 05:03:57 am by Weiss Circal
#7  August 09, 2018, 05:32:38 pm
  • IRYO = I respect your opinion
  • IRYO If you don’t like things I like.
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/n00b12slab/
Marvelous Work! :)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#8  August 10, 2018, 10:31:46 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

2. They're level 1 hypers, and both deal the same damage.
1. For the hitsparks, I guess that's fine. I thought it would look better, but that's my opinion.

I know the text was meant for that move, but the last hit without it makes the hyper look like a throw instead of being slashed. Again, my opinion.

2. Now for Panty, it's seems like you don't get what I'm saying. Look at these pictures for example:

Old:

New:

See how much damage Bangin' Up compared the two? Panty's hyper now does less hits and less damage. Plus, the gun sounds aren't consistent as it sounds she's firing with only one Backlace, not with two. Even though the move was changed previously in the old update to be less NSFW, the damage wasn't and remained the same before that update. So regardless of which Bangin' Up hyper is used in this update, it's still feels nerfed. This hyper feels unreliable as Double Backlace does way more damage and I would rather use that for a level 1 instead.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#9  August 10, 2018, 11:21:52 pm
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
1. For the hitsparks, I guess that's fine. I thought it would look better, but that's my opinion.

I know the text was meant for that move, but the last hit without it makes the hyper look like a throw instead of being slashed. Again, my opinion.

2. Now for Panty, it's seems like you don't get what I'm saying. Look at these pictures for example:

Old:

New:

See how much damage Bangin' Up compared the two? Panty's hyper now does less hits and less damage. Plus, the gun sounds aren't consistent as it sounds she's firing with only one Backlace, not with two. Even though the move was changed previously in the old update to be less NSFW, the damage wasn't and remained the same before that update. So regardless of which Bangin' Up hyper is used in this update, it's still feels nerfed. This hyper feels unreliable as Double Backlace does way more damage and I would rather use that for a level 1 instead.

... I think you're right, the damage output on the old version should have stayed the same... As for that sound bug, looks like its the shooting animaton that was causing it.

Support me on PayPal!
#10  August 11, 2018, 03:36:05 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
Okay, so now I slightly updated Panty by correcting the damage output on both Bangin' Up variants and fixing a sound bug on the safe version. Please excuse if some of you have to re-download Panty again.

Support me on PayPal!
Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 03:43:27 am by Shimmering Brony
#11  August 15, 2018, 08:21:23 pm
  • This looks like a job for... the Caped Avenger!
  • All-Out Gamer and Garfield fan
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/garfieldfan-mugen/home
OK, one: I'm SO glad Stocking's out. Now my roster will have a gap filled.

Two: I posted a note on my Archive post on Panty's recent update.
"Heh. The Garfield strip's funny today."
~Garfield

Sprites in avatar by Wlan Productions
#12  August 16, 2018, 05:16:15 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
OK, one: I'm SO glad Stocking's out. Now my roster will have a gap filled.

Two: I posted a note on my Archive post on Panty's recent update.

1. Good.

2. Good boy, because I don't feel like people should be uploading my stuff to the Archive, much less without me knowing.

Support me on PayPal!
#13  August 17, 2018, 04:52:25 pm
  • This looks like a job for... the Caped Avenger!
  • All-Out Gamer and Garfield fan
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/garfieldfan-mugen/home
I hope you don't mind, but I'm also doing some patches for Stocking. One has her gameplay more like the VS series (it also makes her 6-buttoned, because why not), and the other makes her hypers easier to do, though the command for Cutting Barrage had to be changed.

I also done some custom palletes, which will probably be released with the patches, well, if you'll allow me to release them (I'm still working on them right now, though).
"Heh. The Garfield strip's funny today."
~Garfield

Sprites in avatar by Wlan Productions
#14  September 09, 2018, 04:56:11 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Surely did a video cause i like P&S! :)
Such awesome work you did SB, gameplay, sprites, all fits well.
#15  September 09, 2018, 05:27:09 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
I just watched, thanks!

And also...

Yeah, some small bug I just fixed and then updated the DL file after seeing it, I tend to be concerned over bugs even if are small ones... Well people, re-download if wanted or not if do not care about this little-weedle bug that, maybe, doesn't seem to affect the character's quality.

Support me on PayPal!