YesNoOk

Ghost Of Sparta! (Read 2611 times)

Started by Shady, December 27, 2009, 12:35:39 am
Re: Ghost Of Sparta!
#21  December 27, 2009, 08:51:54 pm
okay,while you're at it,do you have any good beginners' tutorials for me?(on this subject of course)
#22  December 27, 2009, 09:00:22 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
I can tell you youtube has some awesome tutorials that helped me out alot....look uo bovery23 tutorials....he explains everything well enough....type in bovery23 tutorials...

this is important....first all sprites of course have to be separated from the sprite sheet...that's why I said it's gonna take me a while...other than that...animations have do be done with perfect(no less than perfect) alignment so the character looks smooth with his movements....look up bovery23...if you run into BC on this forum...BC is bovery23...he made the tutorials...if you have questions about coding,spritework, or therwise...try talking to Cybaster, Stormex,Cyanide,Rajaa,or another of the mugen vets here on mugen guild....they have useful suggestions...and if you actually want their help they'll give feedback once you release this character on bugs,alignment issues or whatever you need to fix...you can talk to me too but I don't know as much as they do..
Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 09:07:26 pm by Stormex-Ignis
#23  December 28, 2009, 04:44:02 am
  • all is love in fair and war
need work in the alignment, pick a central point maybe his torso, or hip as the center, then work from there, it doesn't have to follow the allignment 100% totally since while running, human body is also not in a constant velocity, so there is an extra push when the leg kicked the soil, and then it stalled a little and then more push again when the other leg kicks the ground again and so on, looked more realistic that way (in my opinion, rather than follow faithfully to the alignment and make it looks like a locomotive than a human running)
while in the coding it has certain constant velocity, animation wise it can be tricked to give more realistic effect by waving the position of the sprite a little bit to the right and left.
#24  December 30, 2009, 06:18:57 pm
Is there a tutorial for that helps your prepare your sprites for the perfect alignment(starting from cutting them from the sprite sheets) and the doing the perfect alignment???
#25  December 31, 2009, 05:17:37 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
just look at how he moves...if the sprites look jittery then just move to find where he looks...wll...not jittery
#26  December 31, 2009, 06:52:37 pm
Thanks for the response!

Can somebody move this back to Projects please? cause we already ARE working not!