YesNoOk

System Beta (6-14-14) (Read 39447 times)

Started by Neocide, June 15, 2014, 06:16:34 am
Share this topic:
System Beta (6-14-14)
#1  June 15, 2014, 06:16:34 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
http://trinitymugen.net/~Creator/Neocide/Base%20-%206-14-14.rar

okay as I said, here is the base for everyone to test out and whatnot. I know there will be people who are stubborn and won't read the readme so here it is here :

===================================================
;---DBA Base 3.0
===================================================

I decided to return to the system I originated with (+ some added details) because I felt
extremely restricted before, and limiting myself to a conventional fighters rules made me
lose some interest. Now I've gone back to a more simple yet deep layout and I'll explain it
all here to you.

==================================
;---Basic button Layout
==================================

X- Light Attack                              Y - Strong Attack          Z - Power Attack

(Down + Z = Launcher)

(Foward + Z = Grab)

A - Ki(can be done in the air)               B - Zanzouken(500 power)   C - Burst(roll)

Down,Down (Hold down the second) - Power up

=============
:--Comboing
=============

Lights go into Strong or Power attacks, They also go up to 2 hits.Ki can be
cancelled from basic attacks.and zanzouken's can be cancelled from ki. so your basic
combo can be -

X(can be tapped twice),Y,Z,A(can be tapped up to 7 times)B,X,Y,Z

As you can see you can go back into physical attacks after a zanzouken,after any ki attack
zanzouken can only be cancelled into once, it does not reset until the combo has ended. Ki
shots for most will be 7 consecutive shots max. And will reset once the combo has ended.

Launcher works like most VS style games do, launches opponent into the air for air comboing. you can
do it from any ground or standing attack.

===================
;--Advance attacks
===================

;--------------------------------
;--QCF,A - Power Ki attack (initial cost - 250)
;--------------------------------

Depending on the person, each player will have a power ki attack that you can charge,ATM
vegeta's just charges and does more damage when held down. I'm open to suggestions. Power
ki attack chains like ki shots, you can cancel from a ki shot to a power ki attack. Power
ki attacks are only one hit though.

;----------------------------------
;--QCF/QCB,B - Zanzouken Attack (initial cost -500)
;-----------------------------------

Zanzouken attacks can be chained together for up to 3 hits, doing them within a combo works
a bit different.If you use a normal zanzouken during your combo and eventually follow up
with a zanzouken attack, depending on your number of hits, you will go to the final hit
of the zanzouken hits. So mapping out your combos is a good option to getting the full
potential of your attacks

They can be cancelled into from any physical or ki attack

;---------------------------
;-- Hold Z - Power Stun
;---------------------------

Holding Z until the player flashes blue will initiate their power stun attack, When fully
charged it is unblockable and can lead to 2 different options. You can also cancel into it
from Strong Attacks.

(Option 1)

;- Tap  Z - Power Break (After Power Stun,cost 500 power)

This attack can be initiated after a successful Power Stun, it continues the Power attacks
and leads into the final hit

:- Tap Z - Power Crush (After Power Break, Cost 500 power)

Power crush atm is just a final hit to the Power Attacks, it sends the opponent across
the screen while showcasing a very powerful and dramatic attack. Later on this move
will play a bigger role in finishers. I'll discuss that later when I work character
to character.

(Option 2)

;- Tap C - Pursuit Buster (After Power stun)

This move is the setup to pursuit attacks, After a successful Power stun Tap C to
initiate the Pursuit Buster, which sends the opponent flying the opposite direction
of the screen.

; - Tap C - (After Pursuit buster, can be done up to 3 times cost 250 power)

The player will pursuit the opponent,knock them upward, with enough power tap c
again to follow up for a second pursuit hit, and tap c a third time to follow up
a 3rd hit.

;======================
;---Character Stuff
;======================

This is a beta of the GAME's system, so atm there is nothing in vegeta that is signature
to him besides his intros(I had to add them as to not redo the damn air for them)
But specials and supers will not change from what the characters I released before had.
The layout and variations for them might alter, (As I'm still debating on having different
specials altogether on each button)

;================
;--Extra Notes
;================

doing ki attacks while your power is low (or non existent) will put you in your tired state.

Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 08:33:09 am by Neocide
Re: System Beta (6-14-14)
#2  June 15, 2014, 08:09:46 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
If anyone has downloaded already, please re-download now, forgot to null all of specials he's not using. so doing those commands will make vegeta break.
#3  June 15, 2014, 08:10:00 am
  • ♫♪∑☪ Lone Wolf ☪∑♪♫
    • Cuba
    • csmugen.ucoz.com
I get this error:

Btw, what are the sprites from the group "8520" used for? I think it clashes with the rest of the FX (quality wise). 

Quick update: I re-downloaded it and still keep getting the same error.

I re-downloaded it again... and still keep getting the same error. I'm using Mugen 1.0 ...I'll wait to see if someone is getting the same error, or if is just me.

Update: He works just fine on Mugen 1.1 i'll give it a quick test and hit you right back with some feedback.

I kinda liked the new "mechanics", i think the new Ki charge/power up it's really nice and original tho. I'll Keep testing later. Glad to see you're back. ;)
„ø¤º°"°º¤ø„¨"°º¤ø„¸ ♫♪∑☪ Eternal Legend ☪∑♪♫ ¸„ø¤º°"¨„ø¤º°"°º¤ø„
Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 08:51:32 am by Legend Ivanhoe
#4  June 15, 2014, 08:16:32 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
ehh you might have downloaded him in the middle of being reuploaded.

also 8520 is what balth did with his vegeta for galic gun, I used the same effect but with other things backing it up. Looks fine in game. (As seen here by the older version of veggie)

what mugen are you using?

edit oh fuckballs, I forgot he's on 1.1 only now. I'll have to fix that later I suppose.
Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 08:21:00 am by Neocide
#5  June 15, 2014, 05:33:59 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Allright, tested, I really like it, I think you should go ahead with this one, it's original, it's dynamic, this is the one.
In the pursuit attacks after power stun, it seems a bit hard to hit P2, that's the only thing I found

#6  June 16, 2014, 01:16:34 am

- After the intro played, you can move and attack your enemy, before the "Round 1... Fight!";
- if the throw misses, you can still hear the grab sound;
- the last hit of Power Stun (Power Crash) gives back power; I don't know if the other hit gives back power, but it would be better to check it;

Personal opinions (mostly related to just "Vegeta" as a char and not as a base):
- the aura charge animation uses just one frame; it could also use some envshake; not too much though;
- I've seen an edit of the stand animation made by Rolento/CallMeMrA and you should use it:
#7  June 16, 2014, 02:30:09 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I had that anim before when rolento made it, but I wasn't feeling the lower arms hand movement.

Shit, I had envshake before forgot to bring it over.

- the last hit of Power Stun (Power Crash) gives back power; I don't know if the other hit gives back power, but it would be better to check it;

nah, that's not intentional, just forgot to go through everything from that code. Thanks for finding it.

- After the intro played, you can move and attack your enemy, before the "Round 1... Fight!";

oops. Fixed.

alright, updated all muck ups.

edit - fixed the grab sound too.
Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 02:34:10 am by Neocide
#8  June 16, 2014, 09:05:12 pm
I just need to ask this.

What's up with intro's that uses custom BGM?
Many ZGTeam work had these.

It's not an issue though, just wondering.
#9  June 16, 2014, 11:04:49 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I just like it :p
#10  June 17, 2014, 12:23:24 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#11  June 17, 2014, 01:22:27 am
Loved Piccolo's 2k5  intro, always loved green bean's theme though :)

I wonder if it would be an issue of 2(or more) characters get custom BGM at the same time though.
#12  June 17, 2014, 01:27:10 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
not for any of my characters,if you are player 2, they will wait till player 1's intro is done
#13  June 17, 2014, 08:04:18 pm
ah... that's why they wait :D
#14  November 21, 2014, 12:32:20 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I'm going to be updating this soon, as I made a small change to the system, and I didn't realize they weren't compatible with 1.0, Thats fixed, and I'll be posting it once I finish updating the others. I didn't realize I was still using 1.1 @_@