YesNoOk

Angry Ryu v1.2 (Major) Update (Read 23489 times)

Started by 5theone, October 02, 2012, 06:20:13 am
Share this topic:
Angry Ryu v1.2 (Major) Update
#1  October 02, 2012, 06:20:13 am
Hello guys. It's been over two years since I have been here. I thought it will be time to get back into the game

This character is a 1.0 AI edit/update and Palette change of a REALLY old winmugen Evil Ryu create by x_Vyn_x
Because of how his moves are arranged he seems more just angry and focused rather than Evil...hence the name and palette change.

His sprites are SF3 quality while his gameplay has alot more CVS tendencies.

Here's another Major update for Angry Ryu
You can get version 1.2 Here

v1.2 Changes:
- Changed the commands of his supers to be more of a Marvel vs Capcom style. The Capcom vs SNK style still works though just in case that's more comfortable. See movelist in Docs
- Altered commands for his rolls
- Added easy commands for his teleports.
With all these command changes, you can now control the character, fight, and react just like how the CPU does.

- Fixed His his throw animations a little bit. Also fixed a bug that allowed you to cancel a throw into a low kick before the opponent hits the ground.
- A few tweaks to his A.I.

PLEASE try him out and tell me what you guys think whether good or bad.
I have planned this to be my Final update but that could change depending on you guys responses.
I'm open to all criticism :)

I would also like you guys (If you can) to post some videos and/or pictures in this thread with him in action.
Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 08:53:27 am by 5theone
Re: Angry Ryu
#2  October 02, 2012, 06:40:48 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
During the floor beatdown super move (qcb x2, P) Ryu is missing the two ribbons from his headband. Just a little graphical nitpick. :P
It appears that he's also missing them during the D, D, 2P super move.

During the QCB P move, why is he yelling 'Hadoken' during the punches when he's not throwing any fireballs? More noticeable if you pause each frame.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#3  October 02, 2012, 06:43:50 am
During the QCB P move, why is he yelling 'Hadoken' during the punches when he's not throwing any fireballs? More noticeable if you pause each frame.
I thought about that too. Then I realized that move is called the Hado combo so I'll assume that x_Vyn_x idea was that each punch of that combo has a little Hadoken energy in it.

Posted: October 02, 2012, 06:45:27 am
Yeah this character needs a whole bunch of graphical work. Unfortunately I'm not good at editing those.
#4  October 02, 2012, 06:48:19 am
  • You don't know enehthin.
Screenshots?
Gameboy Scorpion - 4%

SUPER SECRET STAGE - 0% ;)
#5  October 02, 2012, 07:06:34 am
here are a couple of pictures

#6  October 02, 2012, 07:12:20 am
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
Ah Beat me 2 to it , oh well , Couple more couldn't hurt, Nice Release BTW

#7  October 02, 2012, 07:27:23 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
An edit of Vyn's Evil Ryu I see.
Will test soon.
#8  October 02, 2012, 07:19:52 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
At level 8 you can forget it - he is just too good(cheap). He rolls and teleports alot. Just about everything that he does has purpose. So...quite cheap :)

Read: Ridiculously cheap AI that parries everything and abuses every cheap trick in it's disposal perfectly passing off as "good AI".

To be honest, Vyn's old Evil Ryu when you looked at it deeply was pretty awful and had quite a lot of things wrong with it that made him a very broken character, so I'm disappointed that this edit doesn't adress any of the issues.

Just an AI update and a few palletes? Not much of an edit really.
#9  October 02, 2012, 09:14:48 pm
At level 8 you can forget it - he is just too good(cheap). He rolls and teleports alot. Just about everything that he does has purpose. So...quite cheap :)

Read: Ridiculously cheap AI that parries everything and abuses every cheap trick in it's disposal perfectly passing off as "good AI".

To be honest, Vyn's old Evil Ryu when you looked at it deeply was pretty awful and had quite a lot of things wrong with it that made him a very broken character, so I'm disappointed that this edit doesn't adress any of the issues.

Just an AI update and a few palletes? Not much of an edit really.

well as far as the cheapness, at least I warned you :)

Not much....but still an edit.
#10  October 02, 2012, 10:48:01 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Yea, but I want a challenge without feeling cheated, you know?
While there are AI levels, I can't be satisfied without facing the absolute highest level.

Something to keep in mind for the next AI update you do.
#11  October 02, 2012, 11:22:44 pm
Yea, but I want a challenge without feeling cheated, you know?
While there are AI levels, I can't be satisfied without facing the absolute highest level.

Something to keep in mind for the next AI update you do.

Thanks for the advice.

I will take note.
#12  October 04, 2012, 05:43:42 am
    • USA
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/shinsmoke?feature=mhee
His ai can be much better than this it's ok for it to be aggressive but still not spam the same combo 7 hit hadou combo over & over again like it got no other way to combo it's opponent.....the way it abuses this attack pattern it seems like a sore loser to me due to the fact it's scared to lose a match on levels 6-8....it needs to be better on defense too it doesn't barely block at all & why does his intro lag it's mad slow & hard to skip as well....his parry system is buggy there's times that i've parried moves in the air & i was able to walk on air.
Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:59:48 am by ShinSmoke
#13  October 04, 2012, 08:01:47 pm
His ai can be much better than this it's ok for it to be aggressive but still not spam the same combo 7 hit hadou combo over & over again like it got no other way to combo it's opponent.....the way it abuses this attack pattern it seems like a sore loser to me due to the fact it's scared to lose a match on levels 6-8....it needs to be better on defense too it doesn't barely block at all & why does his intro lag it's mad slow & hard to skip as well....his parry system is buggy there's times that i've parried moves in the air & i was able to walk on air.

I'm working on a A.I update right now. I'm taking out his parries all together and adding/changing his combos a bit.

As for the other animation and CNS stuff, I do not know how to edit that :(

till then, here's of video of me failing to beat this cheap joker LOL.

http://youtu.be/nuiRWZaabK0
Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:14:16 pm by 5theone
#14  October 04, 2012, 10:58:20 pm
    • USA

I'm working on a A.I update right now. I'm taking out his parries all together and adding/changing his combos a bit.

As for the other animation and CNS stuff, I do not know how to edit that :(

till then, here's of video of me failing to beat this cheap joker LOL.

http://youtu.be/nuiRWZaabK0

Lol funny....i've used pots Shin Gouki to fight against this cheap joker on level 8 as well besides pots Ryu but still good battle man :)
Re: Angry Ryu Update
#15  October 05, 2012, 02:21:50 am
    • USA
Loving on how the AI fights with him now nice AI update 5thone :)
#16  October 09, 2012, 04:15:11 am
bump :)....and quick announcement;

I'm releasing another character edit soon and this one will be a little bit more than just A.I.
Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 04:29:52 pm by 5theone
#17  October 10, 2012, 04:30:26 pm
New video with Angry Ryu fighting Gill.

The match showcases Ryu's fury....but Gill's resurrection is crucial.
http://youtu.be/TwVC3-WPJt8

Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 08:29:26 pm by 5theone
Re: Angry Ryu v1.0 (final) Update
#18  October 16, 2012, 10:52:14 pm
Actually I thought the AI Was JUST Fine! It could just be the Characters some people may have, because his AI is superior to most weak characters like Marvel or DC
#19  October 17, 2012, 06:41:27 am
Actually I thought the AI Was JUST Fine! It could just be the Characters some people may have, because his AI is superior to most weak characters like Marvel or DC
Thanks. Nice to see I succeeded at creating an effective and fair killing machine :)

#20  October 17, 2012, 06:43:24 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
when trying 1280x720 mugen, angry ryu just lags for some reason