YesNoOk

KOF Memorial Level 2 (5.0) by Zelgadis released 23/09/2011 (Read 134890 times)

Started by Darek, September 25, 2011, 06:27:20 am
Share this topic:
Re: KOF Memorial Level 2 (5.0) by Zelgadis released 23/09/2011
#41  September 27, 2011, 11:07:36 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Does it have to be in single mode? Because if it does, then I'm not averse to just cribbing the KFG password from soneone else if need be.

The first time I played this I had to resort to spamming Geese's Double Shippuken against the CloneBastards, it was that bad
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#42  September 27, 2011, 11:25:33 pm
I think it does have to be in single mode from what I can gather from translating this. Also, don't feel bad about that. That's usually how I deal with the AI in this (and by setting the life to 1% if I just want to get through it), either that or spamming Krauser's new, oversized/overpowered versions of the Blitz Ball. Those things are useful, but annoying if you're fighting him.

Also, since I have the chance to do this, I'll post my personal pro/con points on the full game.

Pros:
- A very good/wide selection of characters to play as (58 in total, not including bosses).
- Almost all the characters have new edits or have unique new touches to them in some way.
- The unlocking system is rather unique for the first few ones, in terms of progressing the story-line in it that also unlocks access to the final bosses. This is only for the first two or so unlockables, however...
- All the music and stages are fantastic.
- Actual functioning edited/original sprited versions of Krizalid 2001 and Sinobu.

Cons:
- The unlocking proceedures get to be a pain in the ass when trying to access some of the "extra" characters.
- The difficulty, as stated before, is extremely cheap. There's also a few gimicks thrown in there just to make the game seem harder (the clone's infinite power guage for one).
- Bugs here, bugs there, and more problems/glitches as well.
- You can't play as/unlock playable versions of the bosses.
- The screenpack itself is rather bland when compared to the one from the last game. It mostly just boils down to three main colors: Blue, White, and Black.

And most likely, none of these issues will be fixed unless Zelgadis straightens out his attitude and learns to take criticism and accept bug-reports from others.
Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 11:38:01 pm by Shinryu82
#43  September 27, 2011, 11:31:20 pm
    • USA
A.I. is bullshit. Zelgadis' idea of an awesome A.I. is repetitive combos and infinite power (for bosses, besides of course the extra life). That's not A.I., is just a basic script of move chaining in the same way again and again. It has no variety whatsoever, when X char hits you with a c.LP you know what he's going to do next, and later and later.

Also several chars feel so badly adapted it's not even funny. Iori Clone 09 (Yeah, a Iori clone lolz!) is Sander's Iori slapped into this "thing". He even has his original explod that appears when he's at low life. Also he still can do his Ya Otome version 95, you know, without the superpause and with the totally out of place 95 voice. And for some stupid reason he can still activate MAX MODE, ARMOR MODE and COUNTER MODE... em...

And... you know, the totally out of place characters with doubtful sprite quality? Yukino, the protagonist of this game... she comes from a hentai game you know? And then you have Mizore... I mean... well whatever... it's mugen I guess...

Em... I still have this game, I wanna rip the music but don't know how. If anyone can open those damn encripted packs to get the music be my guest. He said the music was specially done for this game (A friend of him composed them) but honestly, I can BS on that, it's not the first time he lies anyway and those tracks sound like J POP/ J ROCK and I bet they were performed by some obscure asian band or something...

Zelgadis don't want to see any posts related to bugs and stuff that's wrong because he likes to pretend this thing is perfect. If he lets people post the feedback everybody will notice how weak this is. And the worst thing is that most of the admins agree with him on that (As in "protecting his work"). You know how you protect your work people? By making something SOLID, and this thing is as solid as a 70 year old fat woman's ass...
#44  September 27, 2011, 11:38:12 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
@ Rednavi:

Iori Clone 9 feels more like Ihoo's if anything owing to how it changes hitsparks and voices on the fly. I know Sander's had KOF and CvS but that kept itself largely together. I really don't get why he had the 99 extras or 2002's MAX mode. Ther'es actually a KOF Memorial Wiki that says he was based on Ihoo's. Still.

YEah I read about Yukino, she's from Body Transfer. Only now she's a Kula edit but with FIRE POWERSS ZOMG its almost an "ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL" type deal. At least she's funny for the winpose where her clothes explode and she cries about it. Leads to funny moments in Simul with Geese laughing about it or Rugal liking what he sees. As for Mizore, I don't get it.

@Shinryu

Well now I'm doubly wanting to crib a password. I don't feel like attempting to bullshit the Clones on my own if they're like that. Why did Krauser even have an overpowered Uber Blitz Ball special? At first I thought it was an EX move dealie ala SF3 or KOF XIII but only Krauser had a sort of EX Blitz Ball and it can be spammed so what's the point? Pick Krauser.

I gotta agree with the unlock methods. Its good up until you unlock Mizore. Then the methods start getting unfair and demanding that you're a socially detached KOF demigod that has to deal with dickish AI that's like that evne on the easiest setting. No offense to KOF pro players out there BTW.

I kinda wish Krizalid was playable. And to kinda nitpick I'd like of Joe had Thunder Fire but otherwise he's okay.
#45  September 27, 2011, 11:43:33 pm
    • USA
Ah you're right, the name was Ihoo. Yes, that's the Iori I was talking about. The one with a crapload of moves and kinda shitty vels and chains.

This thing is working on mugen 1.0 for no reason. Nothing from it was used. AILevel is ignored, they wont be easier if you low the difficulty. Music doesn't have looppoints. Of course HD res is not used and I don't care. The default settings are weird, 80% life and infinite time? And of course, no winquotes whatsoever.
Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 11:46:53 pm by Rednavi
#46  September 27, 2011, 11:45:05 pm
Yeah, Iori Clone-09 is completely based off of Ihoo's Iori (and for the record, I actually wrote that article on him). I still go by the criticisms outlined in it. When converting a character with such modes in pure KoF-standards, those modes should have been taken out. Instead, he still has his Max/Counter/Armor modes, and he's still the only character from what I can see that has his abusive side-step-dodge of sorts.

As for Yukino and Mizore - Yukino does come from some sort of obscure hentai of some kind and Mizore is just there due to the fact that Zelgadis usually puts in some sort of anime guest character in these games.

In terms of ripping anything, I think the easiest way to get the music is just to rip it with Audacity and convert it to an mp3. That is, unless someone wants to try to crack into the moleboxed files/whatever this thing is packed with.
#47  September 27, 2011, 11:47:30 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Its quite an argument for "less is more".

In this case its possible for a boss to not have so much moves and ridiculous stuff and still be tough but on a better level.

I would ask why Geese has Nightmare-style Double shippuken but I'm not complaining about it anymore after fighting the Clones.

Yeah, Iori Clone-09 is completely based off of Ihoo's Iori (and for the record, I actually wrote that article on him). I still go by the criticisms outlined in it. When converting a character with such modes in pure KoF-standards, those modes should have been taken out. Instead, he still has his Max/Counter/Armor modes, and he's still the only character from what I can see that has his abusive side-step-dodge of sorts.

As for Yukino and Mizore - Yukino does come from some sort of obscure hentai of some kind and Mizore is just there due to the fact that Zelgadis usually puts in some sort of anime guest character in these games.

In terms of ripping anything, I think the easiest way to get the music is just to rip it with Audacity and convert it to an mp3. That is, unless someone wants to try to crack into the moleboxed files/whatever this thing is packed with.

Any luck translating the endings so I can figure out why Yukino disintegrated herself along with Element? And I don't see why Iori Clone 9 has the 94 sidestep if he can spam it to high hell.

I wouldn't mind Yukino so much if she didn't feel so unoriginally altered to have fire moves and what is clearly Satsuki's voice from Melty Blood.
#48  September 27, 2011, 11:51:23 pm
    • USA
Iori Clone 09 can be guard crushed, he even has the KOF 99 explod when that happens. And the html file that comes with the game explicitly says that "the guardbreak is not feature as in normal KOFs but some moves automatically break the guard like Kyo's Mu Shiki"...

Total lack of detail, just... total...

Any luck translating the endings so I can figure out why Yukino disintegrated herself along with Element? And I don't see why Iori Clone 9 has the 94 sidestep if he can spam it to high hell.

Post the pics, I can translate his spanish... or broken english aswell :P

ew! No way! It's either RAW quality or nothing. music is easly rippable thanks to them not having loop points but screen recording... that's not top quality.
#49  September 27, 2011, 11:57:14 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I saw that too. I saw Real Bout 2 hitsparks when guardbreaks happen. There's barely any consistency going on here.

I love how Element rips off White's fuck you tactic from REal Bout Dominated Mind. When you beat him he shoots a laser that will OHKO you unless you jump over it and hit him.

Rednavi said:
Post the pics, I can translate his spanish... or broken english aswell

Sorry, I don't feel like rushing through a game that prides itself on difficulty that makes it more a matter of luck than skill.
#50  September 28, 2011, 12:01:50 am
True, the music quality is usually a lot better in its initial file-form. I can't get at it myself, so we'd need someone with more extensive knowledge on this sort of thing.

Also, there's a rough translation of the ending on Youtube already, and I was thinking about doing one myself since I already translated the intro. The basic jist of it was just to destroy Element due to him either being far too powerful to kill otherwise, or it could have been due to Yukino's DNA/awakened powers interacting with him or something like that. Even with a rough translation, it kind of leaves me mystified. Kind of stinks though...Element had such a build-up/hype to him and he dies in the end - and most likely this new figure called "Calisto" mentioned in the end is going to be the end-boss of the next game.
#51  September 28, 2011, 12:06:48 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
And it looks like Naomi's working for him.

I only hope Zelgadis didn't go so far as to write it as if Yukino and Kyo might have been a couple. Doesn't Kyo have Yuki?
#52  September 28, 2011, 03:26:51 am
Found another bug:
Rock sometimes moves around and attacks before the round even begins. I probably won't do a video on it, since I'm already working on something else at the moment, but if anyone else wants to I would love to see it. It'll probably be worth some good lulz and bring back some flashbacks of fighting Dooby Dummy.
#53  September 28, 2011, 03:31:54 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I won't, I uninstaled the game eventually.

And I got that bug with Rock. Seriously did Zelgadis even bother to bugtest this? I know how practically rhetorical that question is but still, how'd you let that slip by? People know what kinda bug that can lead to.
#54  September 28, 2011, 04:14:12 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
there is a friend of Zel that call himself a "beta tester"... we already know he fails!
            Zorf Giudecca
#55  September 28, 2011, 04:42:57 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Must have fell asleep at the wheel somehow.

Anyway I don't see why Kyo and Iori had to be unlocked.In KOF 99 it might have made sense, as it they went missing after Orochi's end and it looked like that they died defeating Orochi in their special ending.
#56  September 28, 2011, 04:45:32 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
Must have fell asleep at the wheel somehow.

Anyway I don't see why Kyo and Iori had to be unlocked.In KOF 99 it might have made sense, as it they went missing after Orochi's end and it looked like that they died defeating Orochi in their special ending.
you mean a hidden treasures team ending in the king of fighters 97?
#57  September 28, 2011, 05:28:54 am
Finally got the last password and unlocked everything. For those of you that don't know, somehow still have the game, or just want to save yourself the headache, here they are:

82956943 - Unlocks Yukino and Sula

99752018 - Unlocks Kyo, Iori, Kyoko, and Naomi

91125679 - Unlocks Mizore

33918258 - Unlocks Kusanagi

82197360 - Unlocks Kung Fu Girl
#58  September 28, 2011, 06:05:10 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
#59  September 28, 2011, 06:22:13 am
  • For the Murder!
BITCH PLEASE!!

Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:01:14 am by the_mike
#60  September 28, 2011, 10:18:07 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
            Zorf Giudecca